Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Malky Mackay not what everyone makes out

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:03 pm

did we choose the cheap option?

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:09 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:What did Dave Jones do?

take us to wembley a few times

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:13 pm

mallo wrote:

take us to wembley a few times

He could have won the premier league and this guy would still hate jones.

As bitter as lemons

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:18 pm

did we choose the cheap option?

quite possibly, definitely cheaper than someone like o'neil

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:26 pm

:roll: ffs give the guy a chance

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:33 pm

A he'll of a lot more than Malky Mackay will ever do. There is more to being a good manager than doing the ayatollah and clenched fists salutes to the supporters at the end of the game.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:

A he'll of a lot more than Malky Mackay will ever do. There is more to being a good manager than doing the ayatollah and clenched fists salutes to the supporters at the end of the game.

Aint that the truth. Well said.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
What did Dave Jones do?

yup i agree totally.. winds me up at away games when he comes over at the end of the game fists pump and then it seems to make everything ok

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:02 pm

bluebirdtom16 wrote:
Citysince1964 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
What did Dave Jones do?

yup i agree totally.. winds me up at away games when he comes over at the end of the game fists pump and then it seems to make everything ok

You're just bitter that he wouldn't retweet you, even if he had twitter

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Interesting.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56507&p=528106#p528106

Let me guess - if we win the next 3 games he'll instantly be the greatest manager we've ever had.

Fans, eh?

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:06 pm

nerd wrote:Interesting.

Let me guess - if we win the next 3 games he'll instantly be the greatest manager we've ever had.

Fans, eh?

Good spot Nerd, my old foe ;)

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Unbelievable Jeff :?

we are Cardiff City not Barcafuckinglona.

Genuinely lost for words, hes had 12 games, we are where ''most'' of us thought we would be, we are rebuilding after past mis- management on and off the field.

KEEP THE FAITH :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:28 am

4pts off 2nd place with nearly enough a new team and people are saying we got the wrong man in charge and are relegation material. :o

f*cking unbelievable :evil:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:21 am

MalagaCF wrote:Give the manager a chance mun.....
If Malky had Dave (plan A) Jones squad last year that im sure we would easily be in the top 2 now.
Remember Malky has money to spend wisely and not to waste - no panic yet !!!!!
He shows passion thats enough for me.
I spoke to one of the hierachy last season after our play off defeat and was told that they will do enough to stay up.
Im happy with the manager one or 2 wins and we will be up there.
Have faith fellow.
I honestly dont care if we get promoted this year, but it will be something to build on for an assault next year.
Keep the faith !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That is a guess at best. He may also not be in the top two.

750k for a defender who had been injured for 8 months and 880k for an over 30 striker might seem a waste to many. Especially as since that defender came into the side 6 goals have been shipped. I must say however I attended neither game so cannot say they were Turner's fault.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:23 am

thehumblegringo wrote:Mate, i got no problem with someone disagreeing with me and to be fair i don't think your post is looking for a reaction so to speak. Having said that, i must disagree with the points you make.
It has been quoted on here and elsewhere that malky had either the lowest or second lowest budget in the league, and by a lot of peoples criteria should have therefore been relegated. But on the contrary watford flirted with the play offs for a long time before eventually falling away. You say that watford were just hardworking and basically boring, but in my opinion they were the most entertaining team we played against last year. Indeed, if you had the misfortune of seeing our game at vicarage rd you would have seen a team that more resembled barcelona than watford!
I have been impressed by malky's signings this particularly managig to get in good players on free transfers. Rudy and Kiss in particular seem at this early stage to be masterstrokes and highlight malky extensive scouting network and knowledge of the european game. I do have my reservations about earnie but i suppose as a free it was impossible to turn down. I've said this before and i'll probably say it again, I don't think that we'll see a fully functioning malky mackay team this year as i 100% believe he's got a long term strategy and maybe he underestimated the overhaul that was needed at the club. Anybody who saw the team train last year will be able to tell you that armstrong was a complete dinosaur so a whole new fitness regime needed to be established. This year has been a very lean time for players coming through from the academy, and i believe malky will want to stamp his authority on the academy. Our scouting network towards the end of the dave jones era was frankly diabolical and needed another complete overhaul! So malky has had to do an incredible amount of things in a very short space of time whilst building a team practically from scratch.
I strongly believe that once malky finds the right central defensive partnership he will have put together a team with very solid foundations and strength through the spine of the team. Do i believe we need more pace and flair to be promoted? yes of course but unlike some, i dont see promotion as the be all and end all this year. I have waited a long time to see us in the top flight and i am willing to give malky time to implement his plans at our club so that we dont become a yo-yo club but will be a club that can be credible in the premier league. I truly believe that next season we will see far more pace and flair about malky's team and will be in position to be one of the favourites for promotion unless arsenal, chelsea and man u get relegated :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'd be very surprised if that was true. 20 odd k for Miller, Earnie must be on a bit plus the legacy wages from Santa Ridsdale. Not to mention we have spent almost 2 million in transfer fees not taking into account signing on fees for some of our bosmans.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:31 am

bluebirdtom16 wrote:Now i know starting this thread i will probably get a lot of stick, but this is just my opinion. I value everyones opinions so dont get all snappy.

I dont think Malky Mackay is the type of manager that can take us into the premier league. I know its very early doors but i dont think the signs are positive. We currently sit in the bottom half of the championship table, 12 games in, just over a quarter of the way through. Yes we've had some good wins but there is no flare in the team. Malky seems to get the work rate up but the ability to create a chance from nothing doesnt look to be there. Malkys team seems to be based around work ethic and for the fans you can see why people appreciate this. Compared to last year where we didnt quite have the work ethic, we made up for it in both talent and flare. In my opinion, I dont think we can get out of this league with a bunch of work horses.

Looking at the team this year, yes it may not be as talented but I certainly dont think it is a mid table team. Conway replacing Burke, Gunnarsson for Olofinjana and Andrew Taylor for Naylor, I think we are stronger in these positions. Yes these were Malkys signing and this is an aspect that I like in Malky but I dont think thats enough. In my mind, we've got the ability in players like Conway and Whittingham but its just not happening for us at the moment. In my opinion, this is something that the manager has to take responsibility for.

Ive noticed that we have not signed anyone during this loan window. Its simply obvious that a signing needs to be made. Malky seems to be very picky with who he wants. Fans my blame the owners but there are players out there who can do a job better than Earnie. He may not have the funds but we have had targets lined up and its fallen through. I dont blame the manager entirely but again he has to take some responsibility. He didnt sign somebody because " he wasnt right for the club". As fans i would like a better reason than that. Malky has pulled off some decent signings but has failed to deliver during this loan window.

Looking at his history, Malky hasnt really proved himself a great deal. Fans again my disagree with my view but he took an average watford side to an average finish. Again they were built around work ethic, nothing came of it. He's young and not completely experienced, a risk i dont think is worth taking. He says the right things in interviews and for sure he knows how to win over the fans. The question i ask myself is : does he do this to cover over some of his flaws?

I know that the vast majority will disagree but I dont think he's the right manager to take us forward. Our squad was bare at the start of last season yet Dave Jones guided us to the play offs. Everyone seems to be saying that hes got a difficult task. Yes he does, but Dave Jones did it. If Malky was the great manager that some fans seem to see then why isnt it working for us?

Just food for thought.... :ayatollah:

I suggest you look at where we were 12 games in to DJ first season in charge maybe that will give you food for thought about writing another thread.

Unbelievable nonsense in my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:09 am

castleblue wrote:I suggest you look at where we were 12 games in to DJ first season in charge maybe that will give you food for thought about writing another thread.

Not really a like fo like comparison though is it.

When DJ took over we were one of the shit teams in the division, heading back to League 1. He turned it around.

When MM took over we are established as one of the top teams in this division having just spent three seasons around 6th or above.

It may only be 12 games in but I dont think we are one of the feared teams in the division anymore. Others has upped the ante whilst we look to have gone backwards.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:19 am

polo wrote:
castleblue wrote:I suggest you look at where we were 12 games in to DJ first season in charge maybe that will give you food for thought about writing another thread.

When DJ took over we were one of the shit teams in the division, heading back to League 1. He turned it around.

When MM took over we are established as one of the top teams in this division having just spent three seasons around 6th or above.

It may only be 12 games in but I dont think we are one of the feared teams in the division anymore. Others has upped the ante whilst we look to have gone backwards.

sorry polo but how can you say we were an established team when we only had half a squad....

we were basically a new team starting a fresh.

also to counter argue here, when dave jones started how did he do after 12 games? im sure its about the same as he did here and he had alot more players here when he started.

i like dave jones in a lot of ways so i do see some side of what your sayiing, but what your not doing right is judging MM fairly and also judging too soon due to circumstances

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:21 am

Fans, eh?

:lol: well that just says it all really eh!

some people are just fickle as f**k!

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:43 am

Oh come on, for god sake. Why do people feel the need to make these threads? We are a NEW team New manager we need time, Mid table is fine for me this season.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:59 am

polo wrote:

When DJ arrived the club had just lost 11 players when MM arrived we had lost 12 so a very good comparison there I think.

Also the Championship has changed dramatically in the last 6 years in that ex PL clubs are now getting parachute payments for 4 years rather than 2. This means from a financial viewpoint it is harder for us to compete with ex PL clubs when it comes to signing players.

After 11 games we had won 2 more points than DJ had in his first season and after the Peterborough game we are 1 point less, but we have scored more goals, conceded less, had more attempts on goal, had more overall possession in games, conceded fewer free kicks and had fewer players booked. With every statistic you care to look at we are a more effective team under MM in his first 12 games than we were under DJ.

Absolutely nothing wrong with MM and thats why in my opinion this thread is unwarrented. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:01 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:

Fans, eh?

:lol: well that just says it all really eh!

some people are just fickle as f**k!

The 16 in his username must be his age. Feckin idiot. :lol: :roll:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:52 pm

haha lol at all of you
yes i thought he was good initially, the past few months have proved me wrong
have a guess how old i am?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:00 pm

you call it fickle, it was an exciting time
wasnt everyone excited at seeing a new manager?
it was a change no doubt
in this thread i said this was my opinion, i stated my reasons over the evidence ive seen in the past few months
im not seeing positive signs
my opinion and when you make comments like "fecking idiot" i dont see any counter arguments at all.
other people comment and debate, people like that ruin this board. its an OPINION

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:16 pm

bluebirdtom16 wrote:you call it fickle, it was an exciting time
wasnt everyone excited at seeing a new manager?
it was a change no doubt
in this thread i said this was my opinion, i stated my reasons over the evidence ive seen in the past few months
im not seeing positive signs
my opinion and when you make comments like "fecking idiot" i dont see any counter arguments at all.
other people comment and debate, people like that ruin this board. its an OPINION

Thing is your opinion seems to change with the wind, so it's not really an opinion.
Yes opinions can change when confronted with evidence, but all it seems you need is a run of a couple of losses.
You haven't given MM a chance so why should anyone give you and your fickle opinions a chance?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:19 pm

ok so after the west ham game everyone was buzzing
new manager we just beat west ham away, why would i not be happy about it
2 wins in 10 games is not good enough
its simple, yes of course i can change my opinion this isnt a couple of results, this is a quarter of a season
this is seeing him in this loan window
im not a fickle fan, but i do admit my opinion has changed. this opinion is based on the evidence that i originally wrote about
dj has his faults of course! but as time goes on im finding more faults in malky

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:25 pm

We have to give Malky time and that means judge him after 46 games not 12 my own opinion is we should be aiming for the Play Offs and anything less is going backwards. However it has to be a level playing field and there is no doubt that Malky has not been given the resources that DJ had so it's difficult and unfair to make comparisons.

I was a supporter of DJ and will never forget the FA Cup Final and for that alone he goes down in Citys history but he ultimately failed to give us the promotion we all craved. :(

If however Malky is given the resources to bring in 3 players we all know we badly need then we could make the Play Offs and if that happens I know that the side under Malky will give 100% and will not bottle it unlike the side DJ built.

We have a new Manager and everyone is untitled to an opinion and there is no way he should be above criticisim but i do feel he his working with one hand tied behind his back at the moment and we have to give him time and see where we are come May :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:29 pm

bluebirdtom16 wrote:ok so after the west ham game everyone was buzzing
its simple, yes of course i can change my opinion this isnt a couple of results, this is a quarter of a season
im not a fickle fan, but i do admit my opinion has changed. this opinion is based on the evidence that i originally wrote about
dj has his faults of course! but as time goes on im finding more faults in malky

I think most of us, at least the ones used to time before we were in the Championship can see that promotion takes time and is not a right.
Last season we basically went for promotion or bust.
We failed yet we are still in a pretty good position this year and are actually building for the future, which is something we haven't been doing for a long time.
I have a better feeling about this season than last year even though I haven't witnessed many wins.
Call me weird but then I'm a Cardiff fan through thick or thin, and my opinions take time and evidence to change, I cannot blame MM for our injuries or lack of squad numbers and I wasn't expecting promotion this season so am yet to be dissapointed.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:35 pm

bluebirdtom16 wrote:ok so after the west ham game everyone was buzzing

So 4pts off 2nd isn't good enough? 3 defeats in 12 isn't good enough? How many actual faults have you found in the man? Maybe i read last weeks table.....

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:49 pm

We have to give Malky time and that means judge him after 46 games not 12 my own opinion is we should be aiming for the Play Offs and anything less is going backwards. However it has to be a level playing field and there is no doubt that Malky has not been given the resources that DJ had so it's difficult and unfair to make comparisons.

I was a supporter of DJ and will never forget the FA Cup Final and for that alone he goes down in Citys history but he ultimately failed to give us the promotion we all craved.

If however Malky is given the resources to bring in 3 players we all know we badly need then we could make the Play Offs and if that happens I know that the side under Malky will give 100% and will not bottle it unlike the side DJ built.

We have a new Manager and everyone is untitled to an opinion and there is no way he should be above criticisim but i do feel he his working with one hand tied behind his back at the moment and we have to give him time and see where we are come May

Good points here, and i do agree with a lot of what you say
the thing that worries me is whether or not the malaysians will stick around or wait around?