Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Which Centre Back Pairing?

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:25 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -29630663/

Re: Which Centre Back Pairing?

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:12 pm

I don't rate Hudson, so any pair without him and we'll see how we go from there.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Blake and Gerrard!

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:18 pm

quinn should be one of them,played there before he joined us.and had a stormer in the leicester play off.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Einstein wrote:Blake and Gerrard!

:ayatollah:

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:34 pm

That's the $64,000 question. Don't know the answer, sorry. But I hope that Malkey gets it right :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:59 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -29637658/ :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:02 pm

Wouldnt mind givin turner and darcy a try :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Overthemoon wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2011/10/21/cardiff-city-survey-you-call-for-darcy-blake-return-to-defence-91466-29637658/ :ayatollah:

Hope you're happy now :roll:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2011/10/21/cardiff-city-survey-you-call-for-darcy-blake-return-to-defence-91466-29637658/ :ayatollah:

I didn't start the poll and my favoured pairing came / is coming second, but anything is better than Hudson atm! :)

I'll be a lot happier if Malky goes one step further than the poll though and drops the waste of money!

I've answered all your questions btw! :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62121

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Wouldnt mind givin turner and darcy a try :ayatollah:

yep :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:21 pm

http://bluebirdsbanter.co.uk/2011/10/th ... ty-ne.html

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -29637379/

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:49 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

I didn't start the poll and my favoured pairing came / is coming second, but anything is better than Hudson atm! :)

I'll be a lot happier if Malky goes one step further than the poll though and drops the waste of money!

I've answered all your questions btw! :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62121

I can't be bothered anymore as it's obvious you won't change your rubbish opinion!

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:44 pm

It's not just my rubbish opinion though, as your boyfriend is only polling a maximum of 5 per cent in any of the favoured pairings! :D

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -29637658/

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:47 pm

Darcy with Turner or Gerarrd :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:54 pm

Midfield general wrote:Kienan and Hudson by a country mile

So you keep saying! :) :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:08 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

well I haven't been proven wrong with all the other pairings we've had this season

I'll have to take your word for that, but if you think Malky is going to drop Turner, having only recently stumped up £750,000 for him, you must be smoking some funny green stuff! :)

It's clearly going to be Turner & AN Other and I can't see him giving Hudson too many more chances to prove himself, although Keinan may get his chance at sone stage! :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:51 am

Midfield general wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

well I haven't been proven wrong with all the other pairings we've had this season

I'll have to take your word for that, but if you think Malky is going to drop Turner, having only recently stumped up £750,000 for him, you must be smoking some funny green stuff! :)

It's clearly going to be Turner & AN Other and I can't see him giving Hudson too many more chances to prove himself, although Keinan may get his chance at sone stage! :ayatollah:

Turner has shown so far to be very average in my opinion so if thats the case then Malkys head is on the block on this issue.

Bit early to judge a player over 2 games, but whilst I wasn't at the Peterborough game, I thought Turner was very assured v Ipswich!

Hudson however, has had 2 plus seasons and hasn't hardly ever impressed!

We've played better and picked up more points proportionally, when Darcy played at centre back and when McNaughton filled in at centre back, than we have at any time during Hudson's time with us, so IMO, it's time to give somebody else a chance! :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:57 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Turner has shown so far to be very average in my opinion so if thats the case then Malkys head is on the block on this issue.

Bit early to judge a player over 2 games, but whilst I wasn't at the Peterborough game, I thought Turner was very assured v Ipswich!

Hudson however, has had 2 plus seasons and hasn't hardly ever impressed!

We've played better and picked up more points proportionally, when Darcy played at centre back and when McNaughton filled in at centre back, than we have at any time during Hudson's time with us, so IMO, it's time to give somebody else a chance! :ayatollah:

i agree... def blake or gerrard with turner ... i think we will see gerrard in today personally, with blake on the bench...

i have reservations about turner but cov fans wernt too impressed with him leaving.. lets not forget he has been out a long time and will def be a little rusty.. lets see how he does after a few more games... then we can make a judgement on him as a player... although i do question whether spending 750k on a defender when we really could have used those resources in other areas to better effect.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:12 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i agree... def blake or gerrard with turner ... i think we will see gerrard in today personally, with blake on the bench...

i have reservations about turner but cov fans wernt too impressed with him leaving.. lets not forget he has been out a long time and will def be a little rusty.. lets see how he does after a few more games... then we can make a judgement on him as a player... although i do question whether spending 750k on a defender when we really could have used those resources in other areas to better effect.

If Turner plays like he did against Ipswich consistently, then I'll be a very happy man, but we need to find the right person to play alongside him and IMO, that person isn't Hudson!

The fact that Malky spent £750,000 on Turner, tells me that he had clearly identified our central defence as a weak area and I agree with him, but I suspect that there's still money in the kitty for a striker(s) and that Malky is merely waiting for the right player(s) to become available!

We may have a glut of centre backs at the club, but IMO, Gyepes should be shipped out and Hudson kept as back up until the end of the season when his contract expires and let him go to somebody else! :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:19 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i agree... def blake or gerrard with turner ... i think we will see gerrard in today personally, with blake on the bench...

If Turner plays like he did against Ipswich consistently, then I'll be a very happy man, but we need to find the right person to play alongside him and IMO, that person isn't Hudson!

The fact that Malky spent £750,000 on Turner, tells me that he had clearly identified our central defence as a weak area and I agree with him, but I suspect that there's still money in the kitty for a striker(s) and that Malky is merely waiting for the right player(s) to become available!

fair comment... :ayatollah:

We may have a glut of centre backs at the club, but IMO, Gyepes should be shipped out and Hudson kept as back up until the end of the season when his contract expires and let him go to somebody else! :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:22 am

Blake and Turner are the future :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:30 am

glammy74 wrote:Blake and Turner are the future :ayatollah:

That would do for me! :D :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Overthemoon wrote:It's not just my rubbish opinion though, as your boyfriend is only polling a maximum of 5 per cent in any of the favoured pairings! :D

Why don't you go bum Gary Mabbutt?

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Turner and Blake. :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:It's not just my rubbish opinion though, as your boyfriend is only polling a maximum of 5 per cent in any of the favoured pairings! :D

Why don't you go bum Gary Mabbutt?

Clearly the height of your intellect! :P

Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Gerrard and Blake for me!!!!! :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:23 pm

Liam_Richards98 wrote:Gerrard and Blake for me!!!!! :ayatollah:

Even after Turner's performance today? :o :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Blake and Gerrard by a mile !!! :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:22 pm

LMAO... good joke to be far to you... nearly pissed myself.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: