Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Don't be fooled because Darcy starts for Wales.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:41 pm

If James Collins was fit he would play, if there was anyone else, they would play.

Wales won despite Darcy playing centre back, he wasn't very good.

Re: Don't be fooled because Darcy starts for Wales.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:45 pm

How can you say that when Darcy has been one of the main reasons why Wales have played so well lately and he kept Rooney quiet? The way I see it, if Wales had Hudson, Gerrard, Keinan or Gyepes (too early to judge Turner) playing for Wales instead of Darcy, I am not sure Wales would have had 3 wins out of the last 4 games. I think Darcy needs a run at centre back, what better time than now to give him a go?

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:50 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:How can you say that when Darcy has been one of the main reasons why Wales have played so well lately and he kept Rooney quiet? The way I see it, if Wales had Hudson, Gerrard, Keinan or Gyepes (too early to judge Turner) playing for Wales instead of Darcy, I am not sure Wales would have had 3 wins out of the last 4 games. I think Darcy needs a run at centre back, what better time than now to give him a go?

Very true, the defence aint showerin themselves with praise at the mo...wont hurt to give darcy a go, i think he's not fit enough in malkys books tho, goin by his pre match interview last week

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:27 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:How can you say that when Darcy has been one of the main reasons why Wales have played so well lately and he kept Rooney quiet? The way I see it, if Wales had Hudson, Gerrard, Keinan or Gyepes (too early to judge Turner) playing for Wales instead of Darcy, I am not sure Wales would have had 3 wins out of the last 4 games. I think Darcy needs a run at centre back, what better time than now to give him a go?

Very true, the defence aint showerin themselves with praise at the mo...wont hurt to give darcy a go, i think he's not fit enough in malkys books tho, goin by his pre match interview last week

It's a shame Darcy picked up an injury, not sure it would be fair to give him a full 90 this Saturday after his recent injury, but I think Burnley in the cup would be a good time to give him a full game, and if he does well that game I would keep playing him.

I think with our full backs pushing forward more this season, it makes our centre backs even more vulnerable to pacey attackers as the full backs aren't there to sweep around and cover so often, so I think we need a pacey centre back and Darcy could be our answer if he's given an opportunity.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:31 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:If James Collins was fit he would play, if there was anyone else, they would play.

Wales won despite Darcy playing centre back, he wasn't very good.

Well, Speed chose Darcy over Collins, even when Collins was fit.