Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can I urge patience

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:49 pm

At the moment our club is struggling for funds to give to Malky and before you all queue up to beat me up just remember we are paying out to our last manager about £17k per week which I'm sure MM would use to bring in 2 or 3 decent layers. How many of the past coaching regime are also getting paid to stay away from the club?

Ok last night was very disappointing as we were in front twice but we must get behind the manager and the players. If we were all honest we knew we would struggle to reach the heights we've been to the last few years.Let's wait and see where we are in January and hope the board find a few bob to back our manager. He wouldn't taken this job without promises from VT &TG who are honourable men so let's give the team a little
Pager before we call for the managers head!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Can I urge patience

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Well said fella,last year it was the manager at fault,now its the owners.
Not so long ago we had wind up orders against the club or have people forgotten

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:01 pm

boxerbob wrote:Well said fella,last year it was the manager at fault,now its the owners.

Bob, its the owners fault because they said they wanted automatic promotion this season, I am very happy with Malky, but he needs the tools to do the job. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also I said for at least 4 years that Dave Jones would fail, do you know it took DJ 5 Years to make the play-offs yet he spent million upon millions on wages. We finally have a good manager, just back him thats all we ask.
Do you think we need any more players ?

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
boxerbob wrote:Well said fella,last year it was the manager at fault,now its the owners.

Bob, its the owners fault because they said they wanted automatic promotion this season, I am very happy with Malky, but he needs the tools to do the job. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also I said for at least 4 years that Dave Jones would fail, do you know it took DJ 5 Years to make the play-offs yet he spent million upon millions on wages. We finally have a good manager, just back him thats all we ask.

Annis ton totally agree we need the board to back Malky 110 percent he also needs us the supporters right behind him and the team let's cut him a little slack at least for this year!!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:10 pm

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis ton totally agree we need the board to back Malky 110 percent he also needs us the supporters right behind him and the team let's cut him a little slack at least for this year!!!!!!!!!

But I have already said no matter where we finish this season, he totally gets my support, I am enjoying him being incharge, just want him to have a few more players :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis mate,a blind man can see we need new players,but board has gone into witch hunt mode again towards our owners.Im happy we aint got baliffs at our door again baying for blood.Remember the last time daya was on pissed off mode and had all his threads deleted,the same thing has happened again,you let in a virus and it spreads.It gets people wound up.Every1 got a right to opinions but im starting to wonder if cardiff fans will ever be happy

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:16 pm

boxerbob wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis mate,a blind man can see we need new players,but board has gone into witch hunt mode again towards our owners.Im happy we aint got baliffs at our door again baying for blood.Remember the last time daya was on pissed off mode and had all his threads deleted,the same thing has happened again,you let in a virus and it spreads.It gets people wound up.Every1 got a right to opinions but im starting to wonder if cardiff fans will ever be happy

Fair enough Bob :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:19 pm

At the moment our club is struggling for funds to give to Malky and before you all queue up to beat me up just remember we are paying out to our last manager about £17k per week which I'm sure MM would use to bring in 2 or 3 decent layers. How many of the past coaching regime are also getting paid to stay away from the club?

People forget we are paying DJ still, paid off Burton and the other staff.....we also then had to pay Comp for MM and his backroom staff, surely that itself runs into millions.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

People forget we are paying DJ still, paid off Burton and the other staff.....we also then had to pay Comp for MM and his backroom staff, surely that itself runs into millions.

Luke and now Gethin Jenkins till next May.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:24 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Blue,im happy with whats happening for the time being.We signed players after mass exodus of last season on contracts,hopefully a few more in january.Hopefully we'll be in better postion at the start of next season than the situation we had at the start of this season

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:24 pm

The real danger here in my opinion is that what happens if Malkay Mackay runs out of patience. What was promised to him when he agreed to leave Watford and come here and have the promises been kept.

MM is one of the best young managers around at the moment and he will attract the interest of other clubs and if he feels he isn't getting the support he feels he needs to do the job he may well leave. In my opinion that would be a disaster but I do wonder when GJ leaves this Saturday what arrangements are in place to support the manager in signing players.

I'm not being negative here just adding my opinion but be in no doubt I am 100% with the MM and his team and will remain so no matter where we finish this season.

But I will be very disappointed if we lose this manager because of lack of support from the board. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:28 pm

boxerbob wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Blue,im happy with whats happening for the time being.We signed players after mass exodus of last season on contracts,hopefully a few more in january.Hopefully we'll be in better postion at the start of next season than the situation we had at the start of this season

We are in transition there is no doubt about that and maybe the club should be saying that instead of saying we are going for promotion and we will support the manager in January etc.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

So before we blame our Malaysian owners let's all remember they are laying out all this money so they must have a big long term plan in place I would urge patience until we know what's happening? Anniston perhaps Carl can give us some re-assurance in the next few weeks?

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:35 pm

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

So before we blame our Malaysian owners let's all remember they are laying out all this money so they must have a big long term plan in place I would urge patience until we know what's happening? Anniston perhaps Carl can give us some re-assurance in the next few weeks?

Anniston sorry for mis spelling your name still getting used to this iPad thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:36 pm

castleblue wrote:
boxerbob wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

We are in transition there is no doubt about that and maybe the club should be saying that instead of saying we are going for promotion and we will support the manager in January etc.
Castle,i agree with you.They should never of mentioned promotion.Sometimes i would wish they wouldn't speak unless they got some sort of confirmation, about something
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:37 pm

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:
bethanmattsgrampy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Anniston sorry for mis spelling your name still getting used to this iPad thing!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's anniston? :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:03 pm

boxerbob wrote:
bethanmattsgrampy wrote:
bethanmattsgrampy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Sony know what's wrong with this thing but I type in Annis and it defaults to Anniston????????
boxerbob wrote:
bethanmattsgrampy wrote:
bethanmattsgrampy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:10 pm

If we are to be patient and this is a season of rebuilding - Can i have a retrospective discount on mt £545 season ticket

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

im really suprised by the gethin deal... while he is on so called gardening leave does this mean he cannot seek alternative employment??

also leads onto the reason y we would promote from within.. dosnt add a new face at extra wages...