Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

As An Englishman I wouldnt wear

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:05 am

A shirt with Germany across the front.

Why does A Welshman feel so proud to wear Malaysia on theirs ?

I would seriously be interested to know ?

Re: As An Englishman I wouldnt wear

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:10 am

Just advertising to me mate , I couldnt care less if it was Durex on the front :lol:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:15 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Just advertising to me mate , I couldnt care less if it was Durex on the front :lol:

:lol:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:17 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Just advertising to me mate , I couldnt care less if it was Durex on the front :lol:

Durex is a commodity . Malaysia is not .

What are they advertising ? " go to Malaysia " " buy Malaysia " what is it ? thats not an advert mate - thats for sure .

And they aren't geography teachers either :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If they so proud of their club - why not put Wales? look far better when visiting English Clubs !

Answer that one Baby !!!

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:20 am

as an englishman,

why do you spend so much time on a welsh clubs MB trying to stir the shit?

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 am

Daya wrote:

What are they advertising ? " go to Malaysia " " buy Malaysia " what is it ? thats not an advert mate - thats for sure .

If they so proud of their club - why not put Wales? look far better when visiting English Clubs !

Answer that one Baby !!!

who would put the money in to advertise wales.com etc.. on the front of the shirts.. swansea did it before with swansea.com what did that achieve...

qpr have malyasian air and air asia on the front whats the difference...

the money we received for having malaysia on the front was more than any other sponsor had offered...

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 am

CraigCCFC wrote:as an englishman,

why do you spend so much time on a welsh clubs MB trying to stir the shit?

not stirring shit - pointing out reality . Do you only accept Welsh people to watch CCFC? you better tell those Malaysians to f**k off then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:27 am

Daya, you only ever appear on the MB nowadays when we lose to add hysteria to the situation, we never hear your anti malaysian wank if we win......

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:30 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Daya wrote:

Answer that one Baby !!!

who would put the money in to advertise wales.com etc.. on the front of the shirts.. swansea did it before with swansea.com what did that achieve...

qpr have malyasian air and air asia on the front whats the difference...

the money we received for having malaysia on the front was more than any other sponsor had offered...

So then why do they need to advertise Malaysia ? its not a commodity !!! Wheres the gain for them ?

Air Asia - sell airline tickets.

What does Malaysia sell? Can you buy Malaysia ?

It's self branding - as the Club becomes Malaysia FC ! looks good on the telly hey !!!

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:36 am

Seen those adverts 'visit england' and they show the one place on the map that isn't rioting or killing and raping prostitutes?

It's called advertising as a destination, the same as Cardiff and Blackburn are doing and lotus F1 do aswell, do I agree with it? Not really but it brings in money to the club the same as any other sponsor would.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:40 am

typenamehere wrote:Seen those adverts 'visit england' and they show the one place on the map that isn't rioting or killing and raping prostitutes?

It's called advertising as a destination, the same as Cardiff and Blackburn are doing and lotus F1 do aswell, do I agree with it? Not really but it brings in money to the club the same as any other sponsor would.

Im afraid thats bollocks - it doesnt state " visit Malaysia "

it's a statement - just like the lotus car - Malaysian race team. Moving shortly from Norfolk to Malaysia .

Truth is its " Franchise Lotus " anyway.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:42 am

TAN - does not own Malaysia.

So why would he wish to advertise it ? That's if he was .

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:45 am

Daya wrote:
typenamehere wrote:Seen those adverts 'visit england' and they show the one place on the map that isn't rioting or killing and raping prostitutes?

it's a statement - just like the lotus car - Malaysian race team. Moving shortly from Norfolk to Malaysia .

so daya, do you believe QPR are of the same fate as Cardiff?

By the way just out of interest what are your thoughts on Karen brady?

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:47 am

West Ham have got "FRONT"written on the front and "BACK" written on the back.
I wonder why?

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:50 am

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 96,00.html

for your info...

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:53 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10335~2377996,00.html

for your info...

What info ? no info in there .

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:54 am

typenamehere wrote:
Daya wrote:

After 3 pints possibly ;)

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:57 am

Daya wrote:
typenamehere wrote:
Daya wrote:

After 3 pints possibly ;)

:lol: you couldn't change her expression with dynamite.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:05 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10335~2377996,00.html

for your info...

An Arse kissing statement by the now deposed sacked Malaysian bag man Gethin Jenkins and you believe it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:08 am

Daya,

What do WHU fans have on the front of their shirts? The reason I ask is that I have only seen the backs of them! 2004/2005 Maybe advertising fruit???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Alf Garnett would be turning over in his grave :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:10 am

Daya wrote:

for your info...

What info ? no info in there .

You must of been hit on the head by 1 of those hammers not to see the info :roll: :roll: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:23 am

what about barcelona.. qatar foundation... nothing to do with the fact that they are hosting the world cup in years to come..

the arab nations need for a bigger global profile... same as malaysia really...

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:50 am

How did west ham do tonight :P

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:57 am

Daya wrote:

Answer that one Baby !!!

I believe the Cross of St George is many countries anyway is it not? :D :D :D :D

St George's Cross (or the Cross of St George) is a red cross on a white background used as a symbolic reference to Saint George. The red cross on white was associated with St George from medieval times.

St George's Cross has been adopted on the coat of arms and flags of several countries and cities which have St George as a patron saint, notably England, Georgia, Aragon, Greece, Genoa and Barcelona.

The cross is also found, for various reasons, on the provincial flag of Huesca, Zaragoza and Teruel (the 3 provinces of Aragón) as well as the municipal flag for numerous cities, including Montreal, Almería, Milan, Genoa, Padua, Zadar and Freiburg im Breisgau. It is also the basis for the Four Moors flag of Sardinia. Guernsey was permitted to use it as its state flag between 1936 and 1985. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:04 am

I would. What goes inside a durex? :o

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:38 pm

at least we got a welsh manager in charge of wales

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:40 pm

spikey wrote:at least we got a welsh manager in charge of wales

Good for you. A good point you make although way off topic - maybe you should start a thread !

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:49 pm

not really

the malaysian across shirt is just sponorship, same as
when a company from iceland owned west ham.

I rather the malaysian to Sullivan any day, how many times was he going to buy city ?.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:53 pm

spikey wrote:not really

the malaysian across shirt is just sponorship, same as
when a company from iceland owned west ham.

I rather the malaysian to Sullivan any day, how many times was he going to buy city ?.

According to Annis' autobiography, Sullivan claimed many times that City were his boyhood team. Yet when he took over West Ham, 2 east end boys were buying the Hammers and that they were his boyhood team. Work that out

Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:14 pm

Daya wrote:

for your info...

An Arse kissing statement by the now deposed sacked Malaysian bag man Gethin Jenkins and you believe it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gethin Jenkins lasted longer at the club under the Malaysians than you did :lol: :lol:

and ive not seen ANY bitter messageboard posts from him