Name other Billionaire Owners 0f Football Clubs

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:28 am

Who haven't pushed forward .

Are there any others apart from VT.?

Re: Name other Billionaire Owners 0f Football Clubs

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:32 am

Daya wrote:Who haven't pushed forward .

Pompey and leicester. two of the top of my head.

Foreign owners who dont understand football are ruining the game.

Sadly the likes of dave whelan are few and far between. got to stand up and applaud his comments yesterday.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:34 am

polo wrote:

Sadly the likes of dave whelan are few and far between. got to stand up and applaud his comments yesterday.

you talk alot of sense Polo .

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:34 am

I said in a previous post a few weeks ago that there is far too much sucking up to the Malaysians going on. Malaysia Day was suggested and get the Malaysian kid who was mugged in the London riots as a guest of honour down here because he had links to the club were just 2 of the crackpot ideas suggested. As we aren't pushing on, as you rightly claim, what are the motives for buying into the club? And, if they are getting tired of having us, whenever that may be, how will they want their 'investment' paid back?

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:36 am

polo wrote:

You could argue the Leicester case as they spent big in the summer. OK, they may be mid-table at the moment, but I have the feeling that this will be changing soon

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:40 am

Nottage Blue wrote:I said in a previous post a few weeks ago that there is far too much sucking up to the Malaysians going on. Malaysia Day was suggested and get the Malaysian kid who was mugged in the London riots as a guest of honour down here because he had links to the club were just 2 of the crackpot ideas suggested. As we aren't pushing on, as you rightly claim, what are the motives for buying into the club? And, if they are getting tired of having us, whenever that may be, how will they want their 'investment' paid back?

Malaysia Day - in the middle of Cardiff - what a joke .

Sucking up - bang on .

Fans standing by watching the history of their club eroded and their tradition by a bunch of wannabe dreamers from Malaysia.

Throw in the word Billionaire - and everybody starts waving stained hankies of over joy !!

You are watching Cardiff City FC turn into Malaysia FC - and you wave your Malaysian flags and cheer away all tradition and history of Cardiff City FC. FACT.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:43 am

Nottage Blue wrote:I said in a previous post a few weeks ago that there is far too much sucking up to the Malaysians going on. Malaysia Day was suggested and get the Malaysian kid who was mugged in the London riots as a guest of honour down here because he had links to the club were just 2 of the crackpot ideas suggested. As we aren't pushing on, as you rightly claim, what are the motives for buying into the club? And, if they are getting tired of having us, whenever that may be, how will they want their 'investment' paid back?

Totally agree. thw mugged kid espescially. Crackpot idea.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:45 am

Daya wrote:

Malaysia Day - in the middle of Cardiff - what a joke .

Sucking up - bang on .

Fans standing by watching the history of their club eroded and their tradition by a bunch of wannabe dreamers from Malaysia.

Throw in the word Billionaire - and everybody starts waving stained hankies of over joy !!

You are watching Cardiff City FC turn into Malaysia FC - and you wave your Malaysian flags and cheer away all tradition and history of Cardiff City FC. FACT.

It's a shame that someone like a Dave Whelan or a Jack Walker type person didn't come in. A local man with a passion and heart for the club who had enough money to invest didn't come in and buy us really. I'm not sold on the David Sullivan idea as he seems too contradictory a character and some of his methods are questionable to say the least, but he does seem to give a shit about the clubs he takes over

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:46 am

polo wrote:

And it was the fact someone actually suggested that he had links to the club that made me chuckle!! :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:47 am

polo wrote:

pathetic idea - and cringworthy and backed by those kissmalaysiabum muppets at the trust !

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:52 am

Like it or not CCFC always had happier times under Sam , Kumar , Wright and Co :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:53 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Like it or not CCFC always had happier times under Sam , Kumar , Wright and Co :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Are you sure about Kumar, Martyn?

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:56 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:Like it or not CCFC always had happier times under Sam , Kumar , Wright and Co :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Are you sure about Kumar, Martyn?

not 100% but you know where Im coming from Andy besides Joan Hill used to run the ship then , Cadman was another !