Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Despite The Result We Must Remember

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:44 am

We are a team in transition and we will get results like this from time to time and we need to accept that. Not exactly sure why Malky needs to talk to the players as some have suggested because last night we outplayed Peterborough, the official match stats show we had more possession, more attempts on target, more attempts off target, more corners and we hit the post twice.

We were more than competitive in that match we just didn't get the rub of the green. Overall nothing has changed from before the start of the match last night, our squad is still 2-4 players down on where we need to be and our Manager has one hand tied behind his back with players signed by the previous manager earning high wages that we cannot give away, Parkin and Naylor being the best examples.

With a couple more players we will challenge for the playoffs but without them we won't, not being negative just saying it as it is. One thing for sure this group of players will give everything for every minute of every game that will not change.

It didn't work out last night so we move on and we move on giving this team our total support because they deserve it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Despite The Result We Must Remember

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:58 am

castleblue wrote:We are a team in transition and we will get results like this from time to time and we need to accept that. Not exactly sure why Malky needs to talk to the players as some have suggested because last night we outplayed Peterborough, the official match stats show we had more possession, more attempts on target, more attempts off target, more corners and we hit the post twice.

We were more than competitive in that match we just didn't get the rub of the green. Overall nothing has changed from before the start of the match last night, our squad is still 2-4 players down on where we need to be and our Manager has one hand tied behind his back with players signed by the previous manager earning high wages that we cannot give away, Parkin and Naylor being the best examples.

With a couple more players we will challenge for the playoffs but without them we won't, not being negative just saying it as it is. One thing for sure this group of players will give everything for every minute of every game that will not change.

It didn't work out last night so we move on and we move on giving this team our total support because they deserve it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i am 100% happy with the commitment of our team and players. but you need to balance that with a little bit of quality..

generally quality players dont work hard for 90 mins we know that , but what they offer is that little bit of magic a few times and thats what wins you the games...

if you look at the teams now currently up the top and those who have gone up previous seasons they play with width... wingers , fast and skillful stretching the opposition and getting in behind..

currently we have no width and seem to try and go through the middle all the time and we seem to find it difficult sometimes to unlock teams..

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:46 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
castleblue wrote:We are a team in transition and we will get results like this from time to time and we need to accept that. Not exactly sure why Malky needs to talk to the players as some have suggested because last night we outplayed Peterborough, the official match stats show we had more possession, more attempts on target, more attempts off target, more corners and we hit the post twice.

i am 100% happy with the commitment of our team and players. but you need to balance that with a little bit of quality..

generally quality players dont work hard for 90 mins we know that , but what they offer is that little bit of magic a few times and thats what wins you the games...

if you look at the teams now currently up the top and those who have gone up previous seasons they play with width... wingers , fast and skillful stretching the opposition and getting in behind..

currently we have no width and seem to try and go through the middle all the time and we seem to find it difficult sometimes to unlock teams..

I agree with you Blackwood and thats why I say we are a team in transition. We need a target man type of player and one who is more mobile than Parkin, Rudy was looking like the answer to that position but looks likely to be out for a month so I hope we move to get a loan player for a month.

I know Parkin is back on Friday but is he really mobile enough to play in the system we adopt at the moment :?: As you say we play quite narrow at times and this season we rely heavily on Taylor and McNaughton to provide the width. The problem is McNaughton is getting forward more often than Taylor but his delivery is terrible but in fairness to Kev he has not been asked to play this role in his time at the club, but hopefully he will grow into it. Taylor has played this role and has good delivery we just need to get him forward as much as Kev.

But we need the right balance in the front 2 and for me it's Miller and Gestede, but with Rudy out for a month who have we got. As much as I like Earnie he is not really looking the business. With Miller back on Saturday, hopefully, we need to get a player to play with him. Neither Earnie or Parkin are right for that role in my opinion so we need a loan player even if it is for a month.

Longer term we can wait until January to see who is available then but we need a target man now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Gary, I am proud of our players after last night and Malky, but its getting a bit worrying now, if no new players are brought in, I can see us starting to struggle.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Gary, I am proud of our players after last night and Malky, but its getting a bit worrying now, if no new players are brought in, I can see us starting to struggle.

We do need a targetman type of player now Annis although Rudy was looking the answer to that position he is likely to be out for a month at least. Players like Rob Hulse are not getting a game at QPR surely it's worth asking the question.

If Miller is still out this weekend I think we may struggle to get a result against Barnsley. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:01 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We do need a targetman type of player now Annis although Rudy was looking the answer to that position he is likely to be out for a month at least. Players like Rob Hulse are not getting a game at QPR surely it's worth asking the question.

If Miller is still out this weekend I think we may struggle to get a result against Barnsley. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Rudy was starting to look good Gary, its a big shame for us, he will be out. We need cover now, If we dont get 3pts against Barnsley, then we really will start to get our selfs in a mess.