Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just back from the game

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Gutted.

2 spells of 5 minutes and we let in 4 goals. Unbelieveable.

Great night, just like the old days, terrace standing, small crowd but terrific sport and the night ending in disaster. Yeah just like the old times.

Re: Just back from the game

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:53 pm

Was the result fair Ian, as radio Wales said that Taylor couldn't get out of the way for the handball (penalty) and the winner was offside?

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Was the result fair Ian, as radio Wales said that Taylor couldn't get out of the way for the handball (penalty) and the winner was offside?

Those 2 goals were the other end of the pitch so we did not have a good view but the result was unfair. We deserved the draw at least and really should have won it.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:56 pm

Heres another question Ian - having been there in person, would you say the mass hysteria on this forum after that match is warranted?

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:Was the result fair Ian, as radio Wales said that Taylor couldn't get out of the way for the handball (penalty) and the winner was offside?

Those 2 goals were the other end of the pitch so we did not have a good view but the result was unfair. We deserved the draw at least and really should have won it.

Thanks for your reply mate, I'll have to watch the highlights on Cardiff City player then! :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:00 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Heres another question Ian - having been there in person, would you say the mass hysteria on this forum after that match is warranted?

No.

We let 4 goals in a space of 2 5 minute periods. We should have easily gone 2 up before they scored. We should have been equal before half time, exceptional goalkeeping. We deserved to regain the lead but all the work was wasted in the last 3 minutes.

I would say everyone there tonight could not believe we lost.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Heres another question Ian - having been there in person, would you say the mass hysteria on this forum after that match is warranted?

No.

We let 4 goals in a space of 2 5 minute periods. We should have easily gone 2 up before they scored. We should have been equal before half time, exceptional goalkeeping. We deserved to regain the lead but all the work was wasted in the last 3 minutes.

To me, that is how it sounded it on the radio.

I can't get my head around the amount of panic on amongst some of our (online) fans

Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:34 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

No.

To me, that is how it sounded it on the radio.

I can't get my head around the amount of panic on amongst some of our (online) fans

Some fans on here are a virus,once they start,it spreads :oops:

Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:36 pm

Cardiff fans in OTT shocker :lol:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:22 am

Completely agree Ian, as I said to you at half time, I had no idea how we were behind at half time.

Our main problem was after we took the lead with 5 minutes to go, we tried to go for a fourth instead of slowing the game down, which I put down to inexperience of some of the players.

I haven't read the hysteria online and to be onest I have no idea why these people are going mental, every game this season we have deserved to get something from the game, and we are still a team who are trying to gel. Some people need to calm down, seriously.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:28 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Gutted.

2 spells of 5 minutes and we let in 4 goals. Unbelieveable.

Great night, just like the old days, terrace standing, small crowd but terrific sport and the night ending in disaster. Yeah just like the old times.

Agreed Ian, great night, everything there and reminded me of the old days when if only we had a bit of money and could just add to our weak squad.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:35 am

just got back great game but gutted we lost. Reminded me of the nights at Ninian Park just with a smaller crowd. Lets get back to winning ways against Barnsley :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:16 am

welshie wrote:Completely agree Ian, as I said to you at half time, I had no idea how we were behind at half time.

Our main problem was after we took the lead with 5 minutes to go, we tried to go for a fourth instead of slowing the game down, which I put down to inexperience of some of the players.

Their fourth and winning goal, was down to one of our most experienced players, trying to play offside, getting caught out and because he's so Fecking slow, he couldn't get back at the scorer!

Oh and he got outjumped for their first equaliser from a corner!

Now I know that you're not going to win every ball in the air from set pieces etc., but have a look at their winning goal last night and you'll see that he's fecking clueless and anybody who said he had a good game last Saturday, must have spent too much time in the bar!

Who is he, I'll give you a clue, he's been with us for 2 unachieving seasons (it'll be 3 if Malky keeps picking him), he couldn't organise a P!$$ up in a brewery and coincidentally, he's our captain!

Before anybody sounds off, I'm not a Hudson hater, I have no grudge against him, as he seems like a really nice guy, but IMO we've got several better centre backs at the club than Hudson, including McNaughton, Quinn and Blake, who aren't even recognised centre backs!

Just to balance up things, I can tell you that I'm certainly happy with the way things are going around the club and believe that we are certainly moving in the right direction with our finances and debts being paid etc.

I'm certainly not one of the ones calling for the club to bring in loan players merely for one month and to spend silly money on their fees and wages, as I'm sure it will happen when the right player and circumstances come along, but I feel that we've got better options than Hudson and players who can still help us challenge for the Play Off places at least!

Just to repeat myself somewhat, I'm not anti-Hudson, but I don't feel that he is capable of leading this team anywhere and especially not towards any chance of promotion!

It's time to replace Hudson with Gerrard IMO and if he & Turner don't work out then try Darcy, then Keinan and then Quinn etc!

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:21 am

Overthemoon wrote:
welshie wrote:Completely agree Ian, as I said to you at half time, I had no idea how we were behind at half time.

Their fourth and winning goal, was down to one of our most experienced players, trying to play offside, getting caught out and because he's so Fecking slow, he couldn't get back at the scorer!

Now I know that you're not going to win every ball in the air from set pieces etc., but have a look at their winning goal last night and you'll see that he's fecking clueless and anybody who said he had a good game last Saturday, must have spent too much time in the bar!

lots of us have said this and we got slated for it last night...

his performances this season have not been good at all.. we have to try gerrard with turner for sat or darcy and turner as i cannot see mm dropping both his centre backs...
Who is he, I'll give you a clue, he's been with us for 2 unachieving seasons (it'll be 3 if Malky keeps picking him), he couldn't organise a P!$$ up in a brewery and coincidentally, he's our captain!

Before anybody sounds off, I'm not a Hudson hater, I have no grudge against him, as he seems like a really nice guy, but IMO we've got several better centre backs at the club than Hudson, including McNaughton, Quinn and Blake, who aren't even recognised centre backs!

Just to balance up things, I can tell you that I'm certainly happy with the way things are going around the club and believe that we are certainly moving in the right direction with our finances and debts being paid etc.

I'm certainly not one of the ones calling for the club to bring in loan players merely for one month and to spend silly money on their fees and wages, as I'm sure it will happen when the right player and circumstances come along, but I feel that we've got better options than Hudson and players who can still help us challenge for the Play Off places at least!

Just to repeat myself somewhat, I'm not anti-Hudson, but I don't feel that he is capable of leading this team anywhere and especially not towards any chance of promotion!

It's time to replace Hudson with Gerrard IMO and if he & Turner don't work out then try Darcy, then Keinan and then Quinn etc!

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:25 am

there must be a reason why so many managers pick him and pick him as captain, they cant all be wrong, can they??

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:28 am

The problem is Blackwood_Bluebird, that as soon as you single out one player, even for constructive crticism, many people get unjustifiably irate, but without backing up their ire, with sound reasoning! :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:40 am

and reminded me of the old days

Yeah not be able to kill off games, not winning and leaking in Goals, something never change @ London Road Eh ? Don't tell me, it's all down to Jones ... :P ;)

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:58 am

CraigCCFC wrote:there must be a reason why so many managers pick him and pick him as captain, they cant all be wrong, can they??

IMO they were Craig, as I think that he talks the talk off the pitch, but he can't walk the walk on the pitch!

IMO Hudson has had one outstanding game in 2 and a bit seasons, which was at leicester in the Play Off semi-final first leg!

If you recall,Gerrard had been playing alongside Darcy in a superb run of results, prior to the Derby away league fixture, but Gerrard got injured and DJ played Hudson in the final, when Gerrard had returned to fitness!

I know Gerrard came on to play alongside Hudson early doors, but it's the Hudson captaincy decisions and organising ability, that I believe cost us that day and not necessarily Bothroyd getting injured and Etuhu having to come on!

The problem I have with Hudson, isn't that he's not a decent centre back, it's just that he isn't very good at leading the team and his decision making, is very poor! :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:32 am

Overthemoon wrote:

I was talking about the 3rd goal, not shutting up shop when we was 3-2 up not the 4th goal

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:41 am

welshie wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

I was talking about the 3rd goal, not shutting up shop when we was 3-2 up not the 4th goal

I understood what you were saying, as I picked out our most experienced player, to reinforce what you had said!

I'm not so sure that it's so easy to shut up shop though, as you're hardly going to be able to stop teams from pushing more players forward when they're behind and if you look at their third goal, you'll see that we had umpteen players behind the ball, but unfortunately the ball struck McNaughton and the ref saw fit to give a penalty, which I don't necessarily agree with!