Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Calm Down, we've barely started the season yet.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:16 pm

I'm happier this season than i was last season despite our results. Our players want to play for Cardiff City FC, and want to play for each other and us the fans.

Cowie > Koumas

Conway > JET

Taylor > Naylor + JLS

Gunnarson > Olifinjana

And we still have:

Whittingham and Super Kevin McNaughton

Also,

David Marshall is looking like a top class goal keeper,

Darcy Blake looks as if he may be an ok footballer eventually,

Joe Mason looks like he will be our talisman and superstar for years to come,

Rudy Gestede looks as if he is going to become a phenomenal player,

AND,

We have a manager that is passionate and wants to win and be successful in Malky Mackay.

So what if we are 12th right now?

January we will sign players so that we don't have the likes of Gyepes and Naylor anywhere near the squad,

Next summer we will sign players that will take the place of this years first team players who will drop to the bench, therefore making us even stronger again.

I don't mind us not getting promotion this season as long as we give it a good go and everyone tries their hardest every game.

This football club is far bigger than any one season, and off the pitch we are growing and developing into a much bigger and better club so that when we get into the premiership we can stay there, and i know it will sound stupid, but as long as the work off the pitch continues to grow and be a successes then we can afford to not get promoted for another few season because by that time we will be even better equipped to stay in the Premier League.

------------------------Marshall-------------------
-McNaughton----Hudson----Turner----Taylor-
--------------Gunnarson----Kiss-----------------
-Cowie-----------Whittingham--------Conway-
-----------------------Miller-----------------------

Subs.
Gestede
Earnshaw
Blake
Mason
McPhail

That's the team i would play. We can then easily change the formation using our subs if things aren't working out. We have a top international number 9 playing in his favourite position upfront on his own with the best playmaker in the league just behind him, who is being supported on the wings by the two of the fittest players in the league who track back and cover our 2 attacking minded and fast wing backs who get right up the wing and deliver top crosses.
This Fails then we can go 4-4-2 with either Earnie and Miller, Gestede and Miller, Gestede and Earnie, Miller and Mason, Mason and Earnie, Mason and Gestede, by taking off Kiss leaving a balanced midfield of Cowie and Conway working the wings with Gunnarson and Whittingham winning the ball back and passing it on in the middle.

Everyone needs to remember that we are a Championship side. We are not going to be amazing all over the pitch, we just need to make do and hope that what we do have shines through, and thats why it is so encouraging to see our players giving 100% every match because with out that what have we got? What have any team in the Championship got?

Tonight was not a bad result. Whoever we play at home we feel we should win, Peterborough will feel the same and if they had lost they would not have been happy, because anyone can beat anyone in the Championship and to say we should beat someone away from home isn't right because it is their home game and they are expected to win.

Keep The Faith!

:ayatollah:

Re: Calm Down, we've barely started the season yet.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:49 pm

tell me about it, im sure every team in the league loses and wins and peterbro are a decent side much better from last time they were in couple of seasons we need to support if boos are going to happy the players confidence will go down but if we show our appreciation they know we ave they full backing behind the team

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:49 pm

tell me about it, im sure every team in the league loses and wins and peterbro are a decent side much better from last time they were in couple of seasons we need to support if boos are going to happy the players confidence will go down but if we show our appreciation they know we ave they full backing behind the team

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:51 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:I'm happier this season than i was last season despite our results. Our players want to play for Cardiff City FC, and want to play for each other and us the fans.

Cowie > Koumas

Conway > JET

Taylor > Naylor + JLS

Gunnarson > Olifinjana

And we still have:

Whittingham and Super Kevin McNaughton

Also,

David Marshall is looking like a top class goal keeper,

Darcy Blake looks as if he may be an ok footballer eventually,

Joe Mason looks like he will be our talisman and superstar for years to come,

Rudy Gestede looks as if he is going to become a phenomenal player,

AND,

We have a manager that is passionate and wants to win and be successful in Malky Mackay.

So what if we are 12th right now?

January we will sign players so that we don't have the likes of Gyepes and Naylor anywhere near the squad,

Next summer we will sign players that will take the place of this years first team players who will drop to the bench, therefore making us even stronger again.

I don't mind us not getting promotion this season as long as we give it a good go and everyone tries their hardest every game.

This football club is far bigger than any one season, and off the pitch we are growing and developing into a much bigger and better club so that when we get into the premiership we can stay there, and i know it will sound stupid, but as long as the work off the pitch continues to grow and be a successes then we can afford to not get promoted for another few season because by that time we will be even better equipped to stay in the Premier League.

------------------------Marshall-------------------
-McNaughton----Hudson----Turner----Taylor-
--------------Gunnarson----Kiss-----------------
-Cowie-----------Whittingham--------Conway-
-----------------------Miller-----------------------

Subs.
Gestede
Earnshaw
Blake
Mason
McPhail

That's the team i would play. We can then easily change the formation using our subs if things aren't working out. We have a top international number 9 playing in his favourite position upfront on his own with the best playmaker in the league just behind him, who is being supported on the wings by the two of the fittest players in the league who track back and cover our 2 attacking minded and fast wing backs who get right up the wing and deliver top crosses.
This Fails then we can go 4-4-2 with either Earnie and Miller, Gestede and Miller, Gestede and Earnie, Miller and Mason, Mason and Earnie, Mason and Gestede, by taking off Kiss leaving a balanced midfield of Cowie and Conway working the wings with Gunnarson and Whittingham winning the ball back and passing it on in the middle.

Everyone needs to remember that we are a Championship side. We are not going to be amazing all over the pitch, we just need to make do and hope that what we do have shines through, and thats why it is so encouraging to see our players giving 100% every match because with out that what have we got? What have any team in the Championship got?

Tonight was not a bad result. Whoever we play at home we feel we should win, Peterborough will feel the same and if they had lost they would not have been happy, because anyone can beat anyone in the Championship and to say we should beat someone away from home isn't right because it is their home game and they are expected to win.

Keep The Faith!

Top post

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:53 pm