Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Does Darcy Blake play for Cardiff City??????

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:53 pm

I back Malky 100% but what has Darcy got to do to get a game......

Re: Does Darcy Blake play for Cardiff City??????

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:03 pm

piroteczz wrote:I back Malky 100% but what has Darcy got to do to get a game......

He's quicker than both Hudson & Turner, i'd like to see him started alongside either Hudson/Turner/Gerrard. Preferably Gerrard think they'd work a treat !!!

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:04 pm

Darcy Blake, Darcy Blake, Darcy, Darcy Blakeeee lalalalalalalaa!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:05 pm

We should do what we did when burke wasnt getting games...CHANT HIS f*cking NAME! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:06 pm

i think him an gerrard would work great..

gerrard wins loads of headers and darcy has better pace than hudson and turner...

i really think we wasted 750k on turner , when we clearly could have used that in areas where we really need to add to...

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:07 pm

He and Gerrard worked well 2 seasons ago, gota be worth a crack again? :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:08 pm

piroteczz wrote:I back Malky 100% but what has Darcy got to do to get a game......

Not being injured would help

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:08 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

:lol:

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:12 pm

TheHunter! wrote:He and Gerrard worked well 2 seasons ago, gota be worth a crack again? :ayatollah:

Was thinking the same Hunter :ayatollah: - Good call :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:15 pm

I should be Malky's assistant tehehe :D

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:19 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

Thinking exactly the same thing irish. When Malky is 100% sure he is fit then i'm sure Darcy will be given a go

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:32 pm

tell him hes scottish :P

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Bledd10 wrote:

He's quicker than both Hudson & Turner, i'd like to see him started alongside either Hudson/Turner/Gerrard. Preferably Gerrard think they'd work a treat !!!

Darcy has played a few games alo gsude Hudson already, but they haven't done too well together!

Tbh, I don't think Hudson plays consistently well enough, alongside any of our centre back options and I personally believe, that we'd be better off with Quinn at centre back than Hudson!

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:45 pm

He's injured ....

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:46 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Bledd10 wrote:

Darcy has played a few games alo gsude Hudson already, but they haven't done too well together!

Tbh, I don't think Hudson plays consistently well enough, alongside any of our centre back options and I personally believe, that we'd be better off with Quinn at centre back than Hudson!

Would you say you have, probably, the biggest grudge against Hudson out of everyone on this forum?

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:46 pm

simon1927 wrote:He's injured ....

Thank you.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:48 pm

Cos darcy took his chance so well against Leicester :lol:
He has or had a calf strain :roll:

Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:55 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Bledd10 wrote:

Would you say you have, probably, the biggest grudge against Hudson out of everyone on this forum?

Personally, I like Mark Hudson, but after watching him play so poorly for so many games over the past 3 seasons, having also played a decent standard myself and in a similar centre back position, I feel quite able and qualified to give my unbegrudging opinion!

I don't think that it's a coin

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:02 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Bledd10 wrote:

Personally, I like Mark Hudson, but after watching him play so poorly for so many games over the past 3 seasons, having also played a decent standard myself and in a similar centre back position, I feel quite able and qualified to give my unbegrudging opinion!

I don't think that it's a coin

I also played at centre-half and I don't really agree with your opinion about him as you may well have figured :lol: It was only the 09/10 season when he wasn't consistently at his best and even then his apparent troubles were grossly over exaggerated.

Personally I think he is a more than good enough centre-half in this league and it's just a case of finding the right partner for him and he can be effective.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 pm

I played more of a sweeper type role as captain, rather than a centre back captain's role, which is what I believe we lack at centre back!

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I believe that Hudson is a more than capable centre back, but he lacks leadership qualities on the pitch!