Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

anyone with knowledge of tvs/sky

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi guys, today my young brothers freeview box broke, and was just wondering could i use a old sky box, plug it in and will it work on a tv upstairs (if so, will sky find out and will they charge me more)

and can anyone reccomend a decent freeview box for relativley cheap please lads

Re: anyone with knowledge of tvs/sky

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:44 pm

bluebird04 wrote:Hi guys, today my young brothers freeview box broke, and was just wondering could i use a old sky box, plug it in and will it work on a tv upstairs (if so, will sky find out and will they charge me more)

and can anyone reccomend a decent freeview box for relativley cheap please lads

you should be able to but you wont have access to sky channels because your not paying for them

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:49 pm

will all the channels that are free work tho with the sky box e.g. bbc3...bbc1/2 channel 4 ect ect

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:54 pm

just get a free sat box and it plugs straight into the sat. dish.
think the about 30 quid

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:08 pm

bluebird04 wrote:will all the channels that are free work tho with the sky box e.g. bbc3...bbc1/2 channel 4 ect ect

yeah they should if you think of the grounds that you forgot to pay your bill and sky cut you off they only cut off the sky channels all your free ones are still there they cant cut off bbc channels because youve already payed your viewing rights through your tv licence and channel 4 is independent