Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Atmosphere at CCS

Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:44 pm

Going into our third season at CCS and we still seem to be struggling to generate a sustained atmosphere, I appreciate that certain sections of the Canton & Ninian stands have a go at it, but we very rarely get the whole stadium rocking (especially the family stand where I unfortunately sit). We also don't seem to have any songs for our players (especially Whitts).

Can't we use this message board to try to get a strategy together to get the stadium bit like the old Ninian park.

Re: Atmosphere at CCS

Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:57 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:Can't we use this message board to try to get a strategy together to get the stadium bit like the old Ninian park.

Why would you want to get it like Ninian Park.

Ninian Park was the same, dead as a dodo most games.

The Grange End used to sing (same as the lads in the Canton do now)

And Block A used to sing (just like that lads close to the away fans in the Ninian do now)

The rest of the ground and its atmosphere is exactly the same as it was at Ninian Park.

Dead.

I never understand why people remember Ninian Park (as great as it was) with such rose tinted specs when it comes to atmospher.

:?: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:59 pm

Its sh1t but :cry:

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:04 pm

[Why would you want to get it like Ninian Park.

Ninian Park was the same, dead as a dodo most games.]

Ninian may have been dead with 2-3000 at matches, but any thing over 10,000 generated atmosphere especially when city teams were fighting for a result

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:08 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:Its sh1t but :cry:

So you'd rather us still be at Ninian Park with horrendous facilities etc. ?

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:14 pm

This post was supposed to be about generating a better atmosphere at CCS

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:19 pm

People only remember the days like Leeds, & Spurs at Ninian Park, but they don't remember Wolves at home were we went 2-0 and drew 2-2. Worst atmosphere I've experienced at a City match. Accept that we've moved, and if you don't like it, do something about it.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:20 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:[Why would you want to get it like Ninian Park.

Ninian may have been dead with 2-3000 at matches, but any thing over 10,000 generated atmosphere especially when city teams were fighting for a result

rubbish 1-0 down at scunthorpe united 07-08 season i believe you could hear a pin drop
thats one example some games were great some games were dead not much diffferent in the ccs

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:27 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:[Why would you want to get it like Ninian Park.

I disagree.

I went to Ninian Park from 1988 onwards, the 1992-93 Season saw some cracking atmoshpers and after that the atmosphere at Ninian Park through the 90's was dire.

The atmosphere picked up briefly from 2002 till about 2005 when it then went absolute dog shit.

The atmosphere didnt carry in Ninian Park at all, I sat in the Canton Stand against Arsenal in the Fa Cup and couldnt here a thing from Block A or our fans on the Bob Bank.

I mate of mine, over from Spain came to watch Cardiff vs Norwich at Ninian Park in the Championship, attendance about 17000, I think and I can assure you the atmosphere was as bad, if not worse than it was on Saturday at the CCS.

Ninian created some good atmospheres on occasions just like the CCS can, ie Southampton game was decent. Liecester in the Play Offs, Jacks.

Anyway, I dont want to argue over it fella and in answer to the point about making the atmosphere better at CCS, well, I dont think you can. It just depends on the nature of the game, whether there is anything riding on it, and how many fans the away team brings.