Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Help With a Former Player

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:35 pm

Met someone tonight who said these used to play for Cardiff. His name was Daniel said he played for QPR & Fulham amongst others, also said he was 34. I've been following since 1999 and didn't recognise him?

Any suggestions? :oops:

Re: Help With a Former Player

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:41 pm

joncandy wrote:Met someone tonight who said these used to play for Cardiff. His name was Daniel said he played for QPR & Fulham amongst others, also said he was 34. I've been following since 1999 and didn't recognise him?

wasnt danny hill was it

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:41 pm

joncandy wrote:Met someone tonight who said these used to play for Cardiff. His name was Daniel said he played for QPR & Fulham amongst others, also said he was 34. I've been following since 1999 and didn't recognise him?

didnt you ask his surname?

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Daya wrote:

He was kind of showing off so I didn't want to seem that interested to be honest :lol:

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Was he lying about his age??? lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Hill_(footballer)

No QPR or Fulham though.
Last edited by SBF1 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:48 pm

joncandy wrote:
Daya wrote:

He was kind of showing off so I didn't want to seem that interested to be honest :lol:

i think he was bullshitting u - i cant think of a daniel - but then im crap at names mind

what he look like - if 34 now and now not playing - it could only have been a few years ago.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:53 pm

SBF1 wrote:Was he lying about his age??? lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Hill_(footballer)

No QPR or Fulham though.

Forgot about him- but he was a yid wont he ? flashes of brilliance at times mind . slight flashes though.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:54 pm

He was white, about 5'9 or so short dark hair, introduced himself as Danny. Said he had recently stopped playing due to a quad injury

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:58 pm

joncandy wrote:He was white, about 5'9 or so short dark hair, introduced himself as Danny. Said he had recently stopped playing due to a quad injury

Accent ?

Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Daya wrote:
joncandy wrote:He was white, about 5'9 or so short dark hair, introduced himself as Danny. Said he had recently stopped playing due to a quad injury

Accent ?

Couldn't really tell as he was quite drunk and slurring, I do believe he was being genuine though :lol:

Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:07 pm

joncandy wrote:
Daya wrote:

Accent ?

Couldn't really tell as he was quite drunk and slurring, I do believe he was being genuine though :lol:

thats kurt nogan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:11 pm

joncandy wrote:
Daya wrote:

Accent ?

Danny hill had a london accent mate - cant think of any others - cant see it being him either. think he was winding u up m8

at 34 and 3 clubs - you been going since 99 you would have remembered him.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:14 pm

joncandy wrote:
Daya wrote:

Accent ?

i would start a new thread " help with a pissed up bullshitter called Dan" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if his surname was Hughes ?

Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:39 am

Danny Hill never played for QPR or Fulham just Spurs as far as I know and the only sort of link to a player who did play for both I think was Ray Daniel but I think somehow he would be easily recognized , also Mark Brazier may have played for both teams too but no translation could somehow put the name Dan or Daniel there . Who knows ? :ayatollah: