Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HONEST ANSWERS

Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:24 pm

What hurt the most and why losing to Blackpool or losing to France.

Re: HONEST ANSWERS

Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:25 pm

since 64 wrote:What hurt the most and why losing to Blackpool or losing to France.

whats the point your just fueling a fire that shouldnt exist in the first place

Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Equal :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:37 pm

France: " Ah well, good effort,b*stard Ref, where' s my City Scarve"

Blackpool: Gutted but the better team won.

Middlesborough last year,devastated I honestly thought that we were there. Then those spineless gits surrendered and I questioned my 40 years folowing the city.

Hopefully this year's team seem to have more bottle if not the skill than last year.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:46 pm

This is another egg-inspired wind up, right? Just in case you are serious, Blackpool, obviously.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:48 pm

since 64 wrote:What hurt the most and why losing to Blackpool or losing to France.

Blackpool, because Rugby is just a minority Sport like Tiddlywinks and an excuse for a right Welsh p!ss up..............

Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:53 pm

i loose sleep.over the city loosing, but i did want wales to win. but i never really worried about it. like i do with the city :roll:

Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Didn't even watch the rugby because I was busy on Saturday morning with my lads under 8's fixture, life went on in England. :ayatollah:

Put TalkSport on and found out Wales had lost and had no real emotion, TBH I was suffering from the normal Saturday pre match nerves.

I guess this is all down to passion and my passion is Cardiff City not Welsh Rugby. The thing is that people say they are gutted about Wales loosing and the only comparison I can make is to think about the same thing happening in Football. I am passionate about Welsh football and if (imagine this) Wales were in the semi of the world cup and lost to France, I would be gutted but would soon get over it.

The reason for that is I only support Wales a few times a year, although they represent our country, we have no real affiliation with the players, where as supporting Cardiff City becomes your life, week in week out, every Saturday and most Tuesday's or Wednesday's you are either at the games or pacing up and down the kitchen listing to the radio! A Saturday night after a win is a completely different experience to one where we have lost. Wednesday mornings are so much better after we have won the night before, going to work with a spring in your step, it really does affect your life and mood swings. Also Cardiff City represents us, usually you support the team in the area where you were born or grew up, it represents a small area not a whole country, we have all tread the same ground within a 40 mile radius of each other at some point and it kind of binds us all together in its own unique way. Supporting Cardiff City week in week out is different in my opinion than supporting Welsh Rugby 5 or 6 times a year or even just at the world cup, supporting Cardiff City is in your blood and can become you life if your not careful!

I guess what I am saying is that in my opinion most rugby fans will get over the world cup loss a lot quicker than the it took the majority of Cardiff City supporters to get over the Blackpool play off final defeat.

So to get back to your original question for the reasons I have explained its Blackpool for me, gutted, worst day of my life :ayatollah: .