Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Foreign Premier team owners want to scrap relegation

Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:19 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15336398.stm

Some foreign owners want to scrap relegation from the premiership,This disgusts me!..What do you think?

Re: Foreign Premier team owners want to scrap relegation

Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:40 pm

dazzyt wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15336398.stm

Some foreign owners want to scrap relegation from the premiership,This disgusts me!..What do you think?

The FA have the final word but if they did sanction it then the team would become a franchise so we could buy our way into the prem and move the team down here.

Just like NFL

Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Can see it happening. We usually bow down to Jonny Foreigner in this country so why not ruin the PL as well.

i

Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Can't see it happening, the league would be pointless you would only be able to play for F.A Cup and Carling cup :oops: :oops:

Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:34 pm

That will be the Day i turn my back on Football Forever

Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:45 am

what would be the point in a "league system", i've got a feeling QPR's owner is in there somewhere.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:10 am

Nuclearblue wrote:That will be the Day i turn my back on Football Forever

These are the vermin who want it

Aston Villa (Randy Lerner)
Blackburn (Venky's Group)
Chelsea (Roman Abramovich)
Fulham (Mohamed Al Fayed)
Liverpool (Fenway Sports Group)
Manchester United (Glazer family)
Manchester City (Sheikh Mansour)
Sunderland (Ellis Short)
QPR (Tony Fernandes)
*Arsenal's Stan Kroenke is a majority shareholder

I'd have to question my loyalties towards the game, too. The beauty of football is that it's not a closed shop and we don't want to become the plaything of rich foreign owners. The irony of the whole thing is that I can see 3 or 4 there whose plans could backfire on them as they are in danger of relegation anyway so wouldn't it be funny if they voted for it and then got relegated themselves and didn't get back in due to the rules they voted for themselves?

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:00 am

i would then like to see that the Champions from each division get a champions Leugue Spot, so 1 prem, 1 Championship, 1 Div 1 and 1 Div 2.........that would teach them greedy bastards.

i dont think i would bother watching though.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:06 am

brick1964 wrote:i would then like to see that the Champions from each division get a champions Leugue Spot, so 1 prem, 1 Championship, 1 Div 1 and 1 Div 2.........that would teach them greedy bastards.

i dont think i would bother watching though.

Actually, that's an interesting point as surely there is some sort of restriction of trade law prohibiting this crackpot idea from ever happening. I mean, how could any club outside the Premiership have any chance of possibly competing in the CL if this idea is introduced?