Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Aron Gunnarsson Long Throw

Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:52 am

Yesterday Arons throw in for Rudy' goal was training ground perfection, to see the length, accuracy and deliberate spin of the ball rotating goal wards was absolutely stunning. This attribute to his game allows for Cardiff to essentially have almost an equal benefit of getting a corner kick as it does to having an attacking throw in. He is an absolute menace to our opposition and this is obviously greatly increased by having a six foot four Frenchman who knows where the goal is. Having Earnie and Miller for their obvious anatomical handicaps reduces the impact of this weapon and forces us to commit Hudson or Gerrard/Turner into the box leaving us a little vulnerable at the back and allows for quick counterattacks. I think for this reason Rudy should be considered as 1st choice striker with Miller/Earnie playing off the hold up play that Rudy is improving on in his game

Aron has impressed me massively this season and even the pre-season, yesterday was probably his worst performance other than that throw in. His touch seemed a little heavy and made a few errors in passing but I think that was the general performance from everyone, I know that yesterday was a small blip for him. Mason also was lively and Kiss had a great game when he came on. Clearly we need strength in depth and I hope MM manages to get in a couple of players to strengthen the squad. Let’s hope we have Miller back for Peterborough as I think he needs to start where he left off as soon as possible. IS there a drinking place in P ‘Borough that we will go to?

Re: Aron Gunnarsson Long Throw

Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:26 am

jhippno wrote:Yesterday Arons throw in for Rudy' goal was training ground perfection, to see the length, accuracy and deliberate spin of the ball rotating goal wards was absolutely stunning. This attribute to his game allows for Cardiff to essentially have almost an equal benefit of getting a corner kick as it does to having an attacking throw in. He is an absolute menace to our opposition and this is obviously greatly increased by having a six foot four Frenchman who knows where the goal is. Having Earnie and Miller for their obvious anatomical handicaps reduces the impact of this weapon and forces us to commit Hudson or Gerrard/Turner into the box leaving us a little vulnerable at the back and allows for quick counterattacks. I think for this reason Rudy should be considered as 1st choice striker with Miller/Earnie playing off the hold up play that Rudy is improving on in his game

Aron has impressed me massively this season and even the pre-season, yesterday was probably his worst performance other than that throw in. His touch seemed a little heavy and made a few errors in passing but I think that was the general performance from everyone, I know that yesterday was a small blip for him. Mason also was lively and Kiss had a great game when he came on. Clearly we need strength in depth and I hope MM manages to get in a couple of players to strengthen the squad. Let’s hope we have Miller back for Peterborough as I think he needs to start where he left off as soon as possible. IS there a drinking place in P ‘Borough that we will go to?

Crouch and DeFoe ? :ayatollah: