Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

reintroduction of standing at stadiums

Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:37 pm

who would be for safety standing areas being allowed back into football grounds??????????

Re: reintroduction of standing at stadiums

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:09 pm

no thanks when i look back at old games when everybody was like a sardine i never want to see a another hillsborough again ok i know we got all seater stadiums but when you are standing by youre seat you are in youre own area

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:10 pm

ye anything to make it like ninian :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:14 pm

caerblue wrote:who would be for safety standing areas being allowed back into football grounds??????????

Me.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:17 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:no thanks when i look back at old games when everybody was like a sardine i never want to see a another hillsborough again ok i know we got all seater stadiums but when you are standing by youre seat you are in youre own area

For hundreds of years it was like that and it was class - Hillsbourough was brought about due to fans being fenced in. No fence they could have spilled onto the pitch.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Daya wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:no thanks when i look back at old games when everybody was like a sardine i never want to see a another hillsborough again ok i know we got all seater stadiums but when you are standing by youre seat you are in youre own area

For hundreds of years it was like that and it was class - Hillsbourough was brought about due to fans being fenced in. No fence they could have spilled onto the pitch.

Not true. Most were killed in the tunnel leading to the terraces.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:24 pm

80,000 watch Borussia Dortmund a week. Tickets are cheap (something like £15) but they were getting 80,000 a week when they were mid table.

Do they have any problems? Anyone been hurt there lately? No. Policing has improved since the dark ages of the 80's therefore we dont need to treat people like shit anymore and fans can be shepherded into the grounds safely.

Bring back terracing

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:30 am

Can you imagine the Canton being a standing area?

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:41 am

64JACK wrote:
Daya wrote:

Not true. Most were killed in the tunnel leading to the terraces.

Fair enough - in that case then seating would have made no difference.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:41 am

Steve Van Halen wrote:80,000 watch Borussia Dortmund a week. Tickets are cheap (something like £15) but they were getting 80,000 a week when they were mid table.

Do they have any problems? Anyone been hurt there lately? No. Policing has improved since the dark ages of the 80's therefore we dont need to treat people like shit anymore and fans can be shepherded into the grounds safely.

Bring back terracing

hear hear.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:52 am

cardiff 74 wrote:no thanks when i look back at old games when everybody was like a sardine i never want to see a another hillsborough again

Don't be so naive. It's never going to happen again. I think terraced areas could work, it does in Germany, although there are restrictions to that rule

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:40 am

Daya wrote:
caerblue wrote:who would be for safety standing areas being allowed back into football grounds??????????

Me.

We agree on something. This may never happen again.

Let us stand :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:54 am

safe standing should definatly be brought back

The majority of todays stadiums are 100% safer, policed better, stewarded better, making it ni on impossible to gain entry without a ticket, so if a stand holds 5,000 only 5,000 can gain entry !!!
Unlike 20 years ago were there would be more like 7,000 in that stand with entry with or without a ticket being just as easy to get in

Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:08 am

So you can still use the seats Chief. Standing is safe !! You have ticket restrictions so there would be no overcrowding simples. The grange end at Ninian or the lower Bob was never a problem was it.The thing is everyone used to stand on a terrace and fans still do. Bring it back they wasn't unsafe in the first place

Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:23 am

safe standing areas i meant you d never get a situation again like hillsborough ever again in this country and that werent down to it being a standing area anyway

Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:26 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Can you imagine the Canton being a standing area?

if this law was ever past again i cant see a whole stand being a total standing area but if it was i d say the atmosphere would most definately improve :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:26 am

many european clubs have a different type of safe standing areas.. times have moved on . and i feel it would def be a better atmosphere..

a yes from me...

Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:24 am

Means you'd be able to stand by all your mates, not having one in seat 541, row N and another in seat 325, row K and another in seat 627, row P etc, etc...

Bring it back... :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:02 am

Don't see a problem with that, you have your ticket, your space it's still controlled and organised not a group of people. No fences at the front, works in other countries, etc

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:42 am

RFMH wrote:Image

Don't see a problem with that, you have your ticket, your space it's still controlled and organised not a group of people. No fences at the front, works in other countries, etc

i dont like the look of that,whose gound is this?????????????

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:52 am

Not a clue but it's what they have in Germany.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:41 am

Will never EVER happen, waste of a thread.

Mods please close this :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:17 am

Occasional Violins wrote:Means you'd be able to stand by all your mates, not having one in seat 541, row N and another in seat 325, row K and another in seat 627, row P etc, etc...

or just by tickets next to your mates???

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:45 am

Daya wrote:

Agree, as much as a tragedy as hillsborough was, its shouldn't be used in the debate as it is simply not relevant these days.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:22 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
Occasional Violins wrote:Means you'd be able to stand by all your mates, not having one in seat 541, row N and another in seat 325, row K and another in seat 627, row P etc, etc...

or just by tickets next to your mates???

I would, but since everyone I know has a season ticket and I'm an exile who doesn't have one, that's not a possibility.

I'm 100% in favour of safe standing stands, would make going to the CCS so much better :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:51 pm

Steve Van Halen wrote:Policing has improved since the dark ages of the 80's therefore we dont need to treat people like shit anymore and fans can be shepherded into the grounds safely.

I wouldn't be so sure of that mate

Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:59 pm

Roger Muller wrote:Will never EVER happen, waste of a thread.

why do you want to close this thread

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:04 pm

I'm in, Bring standing Back - they do it in Germany

We used to stand in groups whre you could chat/banter to all around you.
now its only the person next to you - not very communal, especially for creating a good atmosphere.

If they now the standing capacity for an area, surely the turnstiles for that area can clock how many are in there.

Hillsborough was a set of tragic problems, compounded by iron cages keeping supporters in, with the old bill being clueless.

The atmosphere is dying in our working mans sport - stadiums are souless and the whole deal is like an american football or baseball game - we are a different culture and we should be able to stand and support our teams.

Even in the US - they riot regularily after big games - so seating is not a passport to good behaviour.

STAND STAND STAND :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:32 pm

Absoulutely, 100 % for it!

:ayatollah:

Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:39 pm

sleepers wrote:
Roger Muller wrote:Will never EVER happen, waste of a thread.

why do you want to close this thread

This is a discussion not worth discussing, that's why