Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can anyone explain this law to me?

Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Interesting
Law 10.4(j) reads: Lifting a player from the ground and dropping or driving that player into the ground whilst that player’s feet are still off the ground such that the player’s head and/or upper body come into contact with the ground is dangerous play.

A directive was issued to all Unions and Match Officials in 2009 emphasizing the IRB’s zero-tolerance stance towards dangerous tackles and reiterating the following instructions for referees:

- The player is lifted and then forced or ‘speared’ into the ground (red card offence)

- The lifted player is dropped to the ground from a height with no regard to the player’s safety (red card offence)

Regular directives to Unions, Match Officials and Judicial Officers have been issued to reinforce the IRB’s zero-tolerance stance regarding dangerous tackles and the promotion of player welfare.

Re: Can anyone explain this law to me?

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:08 pm

after reading that it just comfirms it was a red card

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:09 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:after reading that it just comfirms it was a red card

Agreed

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:after reading that it just comfirms it was a red card

Agreed

I'll second that!

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:20 pm

red card.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:20 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
red card.jpg

EAT SHIT FRENCHY :lol:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:21 pm

:D :D

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:10 pm

:roll:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:12 pm

What i can explain is irish ref with a french father,yellow card at worse wales were shaffted

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:14 pm

earnieblue wrote:What i can explain is irish ref with a french father,yellow card at worse wales were shaffted

Well, if they are the rules as posted then the decision to send him off was correct. The game is over now so move on. :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:17 pm

I never posted this thread,just giving my opinion if thats ok

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:21 pm

earnieblue wrote:I never posted this thread,just giving my opinion if thats ok

Nothing wrong with giving an opinion, I'm just saying if the rules say the ref has to send him off for it then it was a good decision. I think Warburton was over excited when he made the tackle anyway.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:34 pm

earnieblue wrote:What i can explain is irish ref with a french father,yellow card at worse wales were shaffted

Might want to read the rules. Then again, you clearly know more than former Welsh captain Robert Jones, who stated publicly that the decision was correct going by the rules.

And of course it was the ref's fault that Wales lost by how many points? After all, you could see him tripping / tying the laces together on the Welsh kickers.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:56 pm

Ow please herd ffs :roll:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:04 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Interesting
Law 10.4(j) reads: Lifting a player from the ground and dropping or driving that player into the ground whilst that player’s feet are still off the ground such that the player’s head and/or upper body come into contact with the ground is dangerous play.

A directive was issued to all Unions and Match Officials in 2009 emphasizing the IRB’s zero-tolerance stance towards dangerous tackles and reiterating the following instructions for referees:

- The player is lifted and then forced or ‘speared’ into the ground (red card offence)

- The lifted player is dropped to the ground from a height with no regard to the player’s safety (red card offence)

Regular directives to Unions, Match Officials and Judicial Officers have been issued to reinforce the IRB’s zero-tolerance stance regarding dangerous tackles and the promotion of player welfare.

i think then the question has to be asked as to why similar tackles that took place prior to this one weren't published to the same effect?

Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:06 am

On the egg show tonight - Scrum V - Was confirmed by email to K.Jones and other management teams that this sort of tackle would result in a RED CARD....Last week.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:28 am

The trouble is, if everything is done by the letter of the law the game would be terrible. same goes for football. different refs see things differently.

Rio Ferdinand for example should have been sent off v Liverpool.

It was a harsh Red, but we still had plenty of chances to win that game. We didnt so have to move on.
If it happened to a French player we wouldnt be moaning

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:36 am

gagsy_mc wrote:The trouble is, if everything is done by the letter of the law the game would be terrible. same goes for football. different refs see things differently.

It was a harsh Red, but we still had plenty of chances to win that game. We didnt so have to move on.

Spot on mate. Like Gatland said are they now going to send off every player that gets lifted in a tackle?

Did Sam put any force into putting him on floor? No.

Yellow card and penalty at most. The French are the worst side ever to reach the final and their bollocking is coming Sunday.

:ayatollah:

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:55 am

BEEP AHM wrote:
gagsy_mc wrote:The trouble is, if everything is done by the letter of the law the game would be terrible. same goes for football. different refs see things differently.

Spot on mate. Like Gatland said are they now going to send off every player that gets lifted in a tackle?

Did Sam put any force into putting him on floor? No.

Yellow card and penalty at most. The French are the worst side ever to reach the final and their bollocking is coming Sunday.

:ayatollah:

Take the red blinkers off and read this again,

"The lifted player is dropped to the ground from a height with no regard to the player’s safety (red card offence)"

It's the football equivilant to a two footed sliding tackle with studs showing.
The French lad was lucky not to get his neck and jaw broken.
The Welsh egg admitted it was reckless and I believe him when he says it was unintentional.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:29 am

it was a red card all day long. if he would have carefully took him to the floor he'd have got away with it but he didnt. he let go and the guy dropped.

anyway it was our kicking that cost us a place in the final. even with 14 men france just didnt look like scoring but we did.

it was reckless from the captain but shambolic from our kickers.

no complaints from me. still proud of the team though and 3rd place isnt a bad result once everythings calmed down and we see off the aussies! :D