Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QUESTION

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:44 am

would you keep rudy in the team ?

or would you want mm to get a striker in to take his place or miller place?

Re: QUESTION

Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:33 am

We need a few more options up front. Rudy, Earnie, and Miller are all fine, but we can't cover all situations, especially if one or more are injured. :ayatollah: At the very least, bring Parkin back.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:07 am

If Miller's back no, but wasn't yesterday his first start in the League? and he got a good solid goal.

When we first saw Rudy, people said that unlike Jay he doesn't roll around on the floor. I thought that eventually we'd see this side of Rudy (as all players will have some degree of this) but yesterday he was clattered about, with no protection from the ref whatsoever and didn't complain at all, only time he stayed down he got back up before a trainer came on.

He's still not as good as Jay, but he is getting better every week. No worry about him being in the starting XI any more :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:38 am

Rudy should start more games.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:29 am

but this is what i mean do we bring some one in to first team as people want more goals t or do we bring back up for rudy ?

Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:42 am

Rudy is the solution to our attacking options and it is staring us right in the face. I thought when he teamed up with Mason in the second-half we had the best pairing we have had all season up front.

What is missing is support from the flanks where Cowie is not really a right-winger and Conway seems to be carrying an injury.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:43 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Rudy is the solution to our attacking options and it is staring us right in the face. I thought when he teamed up with Mason in the second-half we had the best pairing we have had all season up front.

What is missing is support from the flanks where Cowie is not really a right-winger and Conway seems to be carrying an injury.

This. :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:44 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Rudy is the solution to our attacking options and it is staring us right in the face. I thought when he teamed up with Mason in the second-half we had the best pairing we have had all season up front.

have to agree with this :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Problem is that we are playing a diamond, which of course means a very narrow midfield, placing more emphasis on the full-backs to get forward and supply the width. So really the players who are on the right and left of the diamond don't really need to be proper out-and-out wingers. This suits Cowie but not Conway, who is having to play more like a left midfielder than a left winger, which is what he really is.

So we are a bit unbalanced there.