Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TODAY'S OFFICIALS

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:17 pm

Sorry if this has already been mentioned tonight, but today's officials must have been one of the worst i've ever witnessed:

Three incidents summed it up for me (other than the fouls given etc...):

1) IPSWICH GOAL - Linesman signalled for offside, ref sees it but over rules him and gives the goal

2) CITY PENALTY APPEAL 1 - Appeal goes up for a penalty from the home fans, Linesman signals for a goal kick, ref gives a corner?!

3) CITY PENALTY APPEAL 2 - Appeal goes up for a penalty from the home fans, linesman signals for a corner, ref consults and gives a penalty?!

Very stange officiating today, and nearly cost us dearly - both managers appeared to be raging at times too. Malky after their 'offside' goal, and Jewell in general at decisions not going their way.

Awful...simply awful...

Re: TODAY'S OFFICIALS

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:19 pm

I haven't heard/seen what either Malky or Jewell have said, but apparently Jewell felt the ref was out of his depth.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:24 pm

pauly_gee wrote:1) IPSWICH GOAL - Linesman signalled for offside, ref sees it but over rules him and gives the goal

Even Malky says the Linesmen signalled the ball crossed the line, it was always a goal. Watch his interview: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15226214.stm

2) CITY PENALTY APPEAL 1 - Appeal goes up for a penalty from the home fans, Linesman signals for a goal kick, ref gives a corner?!

This was quite clearly a penalty more so than the one we got. the foul on Kev seemed a clear pen too and Mason near the end. Seemed to penalise Cardiff players quite heavily, thought he was gunna send Kev off for his tackle on JET. Very poor officiating, linesman did not help at all.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:54 pm

Their decisions just didn't make sense?!?! The lino pointing for a goal kick, and when consulted he meant a corner but on the other side of the pitch.

What school of officiating did he go to?!

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:58 pm

It was all a bit poor but the one that annoyed me the most was when turner on far left looking from Ninian stand covered the ball for a throw and he gave a free kick.... This happens several times a game when the ball goes out for a goal kick and nothing is done.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:It was all a bit poor but the one that annoyed me the most was when turner on far left looking from Ninian stand covered the ball for a throw and he gave a free kick.... This happens several times a game when the ball goes out for a goal kick and nothing is done.

That truly baffled me as well.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:26 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:It was all a bit poor but the one that annoyed me the most was when turner on far left looking from Ninian stand covered the ball for a throw and he gave a free kick.... This happens several times a game when the ball goes out for a goal kick and nothing is done.

Glad you knew what I was on about as its hard to explain esp if you hadnt see it :lol:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:14 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Glad you knew what I was on about as its hard to explain esp if you hadnt see it :lol:

:lol:

It's crazy - after a match I can still remember/visualise almost every incident of note or something others won't remember!

Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:00 am

They we're absolutely shocking today, and when that happens they have no control over the match and players can do anything and get away with it. Had the ref been haldf irish half french i'm sure we would of seen a red card for f**k all

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:06 am

And as soon as Mason came on, we had a counter attack and McNaughton was completely taken out in the penalty area and the ref didnt batter an eyelid...

Officials are starting to ruin football and i'm getting fed up of it

Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:56 am

Have to say they were Shocking :shock: - Paul Jewell seems to think they were robbed...

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid= ... ere_robbed

Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:06 am

think a draw was probably a fair result,

however the biggest and clearest penalty decision was over looked , when kev mcnugget was wiped out in the box..