Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Loads of Wales shirts at CCS today....

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:11 pm

.....and I thought there was football / rugby divide in Wales !!

Re: Loads of Wales shirts at CCS today....

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:15 pm

Jonesy99 wrote:.....and I thought there was football / rugby divide in Wales !!

Yes I saw them too and my immediate thought was for their poor wives :lol:

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:16 pm

there is me old son. :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:18 pm

more welsh shirts on display today than when the welsh football team actually played there :ayatollah: :D

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:27 pm

Bit embarassing to be honest. But normal service should be resumed next home game. :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:15 pm

I don't understand the fuss about the shirts to be honest. They can wear what they like and I'd rather have them be there supporting City than not being there.

I saw a lot around where I was, i.e Canton stand. They were joining in with all the singing so as I said, I can't really see the problem!

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:26 pm

End of the day i thought we are a 'Welsh'
And we are only a small nation compared to most countrys we play against !!!
So surely we should be proud of our great country and even more proud that we are Welsh playing in an English league
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:55 am

A spot of revenge..

I did see a few lads wearing Welsh Football tops in the Millenium stadium too :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:53 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Bit embarassing to be honest. But normal service should be resumed next home game. :ayatollah:

Why is it embarrasing, We are all welsh aren't we :roll: :evil:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:18 pm

dont have a problem with city fans who like rugby as well as football used to play rugby myself i was gutted we lost no problem with them either wearing there shirts to the game today we always take welsh flags to home and away games dont we

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:Bit embarassing to be honest. But normal service should be resumed next home game. :ayatollah:

Why is it embarrasing, We are all welsh aren't we :roll: :evil:

No - thankfully not.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:03 pm

I knew as soon as I saw the welsh shirts, there would be a thread on it, and I knew there would be one or two bellends who'd have an issue! :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:24 pm

OH MY GOD you cant really be serious
I can see the headlines now
DISGRACEFUL WELSH fans wearing WELSH shirts
In the WELSH Capital
At a WELSH sporting fixture
Yeah some fans swapped shirts after going to the millenium stadium some fans didnt
Your still an embarrassment to our club and country
your jealousy holds no bounds
and your a poor excuse for a welshman

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:48 pm

they were on the piss early in the morning. and didnt want to go home. so they went down the city :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:27 pm

ninianblue wrote:they were on the piss early in the morning. and didnt want to go home. so they went down the city :ayatollah:

Exactly Ninian :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:17 am

Bowmonster wrote:
ninianblue wrote:they were on the piss early in the morning. and didnt want to go home. so they went down the city :ayatollah:

Exactly Ninian :ayatollah:

Maybe.... they were City fans who support Wales?!!!

Just a thought like...

Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:55 am

I wore my Welsh Rugby shirt on Saturday to CCS. Whats the problem with it ?
Im an Ambassador Season Ticket holder in the Canton, Iv been watching Cardiff since aslong as i remember and im 31.
I went on beer early to Millenium and stayed out on beer all day in Cardiff. You honestly think i was going all the way back to Llanharan to change my shirt to keep somebody else happy ? We dont half have some stupid supporters !
Losing in rugby didnt bother me, drawing at home did as i wanted a win for us. I would have taken 3 points any day to a rugby win as im a football fan, but some of the comments by some fans are ridiculous