Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Earnie was very disappointing again today..............

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:05 pm

He has lost his pace and should lose his place in the team.............

Basics like constantly standing offside and spoiling all the good work from the players behind him, and his first touch is terrible.

Great bloke but needs to be used as a back up impact player from the bench at best.....

Re: Earnie was very disappointing again today..............

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:06 pm

He had lost his place but miller is injured.

As for his pace, that was obvious coming back at his age.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:09 pm

2blue2handle wrote:He had lost his place but miller is injured.

Agreed that's why I didn't want us to sign him and waste the wages on him..........

Mason looked better when he came on and I am sure Ralls would have been better too..............

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Totally agree 100 percent guys

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Don't agree.

People who site behind one goal see a different game to the people at the opposite end. In the 2nd half tactics change, players get tired etc soit does not balance out.

Top goal poachers have to live offside.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:34 pm

I saw stick Earnie on the bench from now on, give Gestede a go for a couple of matches, Miller would thrive on the amount of headers Rudy wins :ayatollah:

First post :D

Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:03 pm

barry boy wrote:Don't agree.

People who site behind one goal see a different game to the people at the opposite end. In the 2nd half tactics change, players get tired etc soit does not balance out.

Top goal poachers have to live offside.

Exactly. Offside is technically a foul, but you won't get booked for it!

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Never been a fan of Earnie even in his first stint with us, yes he scores goals (less nowadays) but the rest of his game is not that good. Would be quite happy for him to warm the bench each week.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:12 pm

I think he's more of an impact sub these days unfortunately.

Rudy was quality though!

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:27 pm

Bluebina wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:He had lost his place but miller is injured.

Agreed that's why I didn't want us to sign him and waste the wages on him..........

Mason looked better when he came on and I am sure Ralls would have been better too..............

I wouldn't have signed him either.
But he will do the job i expected.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:51 am

I couldn see him as a stater when we signed him, more of a super sub, but to say you didn like him in his first spell? You must be off your head!

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:54 am

Earnie had to come back to us, more out of emotion than as a footballer.

Definately a bench person. He did most of his good work coming of the bench at Forest last season.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:26 am

What did i say at the time he signed ?

Shall i remind you

" a token signing to keep the fans happy " - thats exactly what it was so you wouldnt crow too much when Bellamy went North.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:38 am

Not a fan of Earnie TBH,what must Mason & Ralls be thinking when they see his name on the teamsheet before theirs.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:10 am

Earnie is very poor, I've said it before and I'll say it again very poor. I was underwhelmed by the signing and some of our fans are deluded if you think he's the answer. Its like playing with ten men on times, he's even lost his pace. Did nothing yesterday.

Some of our supporters would watch him score a hat full of own goals and still give him a standing ovation. It happen yesterday, he did nothing and people stood to clap him.

Sorry guys he's not for me. :old:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:39 pm

Daya wrote:What did i say at the time he signed ?

Shall i remind you

" a token signing to keep the fans happy " - thats exactly what it was so you wouldnt crow too much when Bellamy went North.

Have to agree with this, would Malky have signed him if he had been appointed manager of any other Championship club? very much doubt it. I love Earnie as a person but the money for his wages could've been better used on a different player IMO.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:42 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:

Shall i remind you

Have to agree with this, would Malky have signed him if he had been appointed manager of any other Championship club? very much doubt it. I love Earnie as a person but the money for his wages could've been better used on a different player IMO.

I don't think he would have signed him no. It was actually Earnie giving City a call !! A Gethin Jenkins publicity stunt.

£20,000 a week could have been spent far wiser.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Daya wrote:
CF64 BLUE wrote:

Shall i remind you

I don't think he would have signed him no. It was actually Earnie giving City a call !! A Gethin Jenkins publicity stunt.

£20,000 a week could have been spent far wiser.

If that's his wage then definately a costly mistake

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Thats his wage .

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:44 pm

ive said it before. and i will say it again. when the news came through that we have signed earnie. 99% of the members on here were creaming there pants. i said it was a bad signing. and i still stick by what i said. heart ruling there heads and all that, hes shocking, if earnie is in the starting line up. then its 11 players against our 10. :roll:

Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:21 am

Daya wrote:Thats his wage .

No it's not and you know it isn't :evil: You have either had poor information or you are deliberately trying to undermine what the club is trying to do ............. judging by some of your recent posts it doesn't take a genious to work out which :roll:

Halve that figure and you will be closer to the real truth (we know it is more than £8k per week as that is what he turned down at Forest).

What I'm not sure about is the win/goals bonuses which are built in but you can't include that in such a statement :roll:

I'm disappointed with Earnie this season and he will mainly be a sub this season but to claim he is on £20K per wk is simply wrong.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:56 am

earnie :(