Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Done Wales Proud.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:22 pm

Even though they had one man off and were loosing they never gave up. Even though they never made it, the rugby team has done Wales proud. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Done Wales Proud.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:13 pm

Lost to South Africa and France. Beat two islands the size of Steepholm and Flatholm, and Ireland. 'World Cup Semi-Finalists' you're having a laugh :lol:

Thank God the hype about that lot will soon quieten down :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:22 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Lost to South Africa and France. Beat two islands the size of Steepholm and Flatholm, and Ireland. 'World Cup Semi-Finalists' you're having a laugh :lol:

fallen off chair Steepholm and flatfolm lol

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:26 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Lost to South Africa and France. Beat two islands the size of Steepholm and Flatholm, and Ireland. 'World Cup Semi-Finalists' you're having a laugh :lol:

They never gave up. In my book, they are the team of the tournament due to their efforts. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:33 pm

there suppossed to be professional sports people i would expect them to never give up. :?

Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:32 pm

placid-casual wrote:there suppossed to be professional sports people i would expect them to never give up. :?

Just like our team of professionals last season!!! If we had shown as much fight, heart and pride last season as the welsh rugby team showed yesterday, we would be playing premier league football this season!!

Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Egg - don't have to qualify for WC. 5 games to get to semi-final.

Football - have to qualify - 10 group games, possibly 2 playoff games. 3 group matches, last 16, quarters. I make that 15-17 games to get to an equivalent stage.

Yeah, some achievement there by the eggers. After all, there are so many pro leagues in the world for that sport.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:39 pm

nerd wrote:

Football - have to qualify - 10 group games, possibly 2 playoff games. 3 group matches, last 16, quarters. I make that 15-17 games to get to an equivalent stage.

Yeah, some achievement there by the eggers. After all, there are so many pro leagues in the world for that sport.

You have to qualify, depends where you are in the rankins.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:58 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
nerd wrote:

That's a farce and you well know it. I know Wales one had to qualify - playing the might Portugal at a school playing field, but the major nations have to be incredibly shit for a consistent period to have to qualify.

If there were as many pro leagues for rugby as football, worldwide and especially Europe, Welsh egg would be in the same position as football.

Wales qualifying in football would be more of an achievement than the eggers reaching the semi final. Even simply qualifying involves double the number of games the eggers needed.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:13 pm

nerd wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
nerd wrote:

That's a farce and you well know it. I know Wales one had to qualify - playing the might Portugal at a school playing field, but the major nations have to be incredibly shit for a consistent period to have to qualify.

If there were as many pro leagues for rugby as football, worldwide and especially Europe, Welsh egg would be in the same position as football.

Wales qualifying in football would be more of an achievement than the eggers reaching the semi final. Even simply qualifying involves double the number of games the eggers needed.

I agree, just saying there is qualifying rounds for the WC. ;)

Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
nerd wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
nerd wrote:

Agreed, basically for the amateur nations. Which basically means it should always be the same 8 in the quarters.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:45 pm

nerd wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
nerd wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
nerd wrote:

Agreed, basically for the amateur nations. Which basically means it should always be the same 8 in the quarters.

Yup. Pretty much like football, same teams in the euros and WC but more teams. :lol:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Yes the hype will go away now, they can put Welsh Rugby back in it's box for another 4 years :D

Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Lost to the World champions by one point....and should have won !!
Lost to France by one point despite playing with 14 men for 62 mins......and should have won !!

No hype.....a bloody good effort from a bloody good team.

PS I liked the Flatholm and Steepholm comment :lol:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:07 pm

i was glad wales lost. i couldn't handle hearing about rugby for another week.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:32 pm

murphy wrote:i was glad wales lost. i couldn't handle hearing about rugby for another week.

Agree, it would've been unbearable if Wales actually won.