Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So Proud

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:17 am

I have English blood and Welsh blood coursing through my veins,but i have never been so proud of my Welsh heritage as i am today,lets get one thing absolutely straight,France did not beat us today,an Irish referee beat us today,and let me say one last thing if there are any idiots on here who want to post an i don't care,its only rugby on here, i would warn them to think twice,i don't care what shape ball it is,those gallant rugby players in red should make us so proud to be Welsh

Re: So Proud

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:25 am

Proud aswell! If we had the full 15 on we would have easily won that. Ah well always next time :lol:

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:26 am

"France did not beat us today,an Irish referee beat us today"
Sorry i am welsh and watched the game and the main reason wales lost was because the frenh pack where hust to strong. The reason for that is that wales were a man down and that is only the fault of warburton. The man according to my egg lovig friends has been the best thing in a wales shirt all tournerment but you cant lose contol of a tackle and expect to get away with it. Dangerous drop the man on his head in wrong place and that tackle would have been fatal. Missed kickes (not halfpenny's before you start) cost wales as well so IMO nothing to do with the ref wales where the better team but in footballing tearms if the ball aint in the back of the neet you aint going to score. You can do all the right things in the world but make mistakes at the wong times it will cost you.

Never the less well done wales on getting that far and putting up a valiant fight with a man down come home heads held high.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:35 am

Very well put mate, the people who make all these derogatory comments about rugby come across as one eyed to me. First and foremost we are all WELSHMEN and PROUD too. Saw my first game in 1973 against sunderland, Gary bell miss penalty i think. followed city and wales too as my old man and brothers have done all our lives. FFS my nain used to stand up and sing the national anthem when Wales played, regardless of what shaped ball was being kicked.
My mother watches every game, me and my brothers and their kids are all Cardifff mad but crucially WALES mad too. I support and follow rugby and football with equal passion and im massively gutted the result was beyond us today. Positive thing is that people are talking about Wales again in a positive light. when your all off down the city later, think about being Welsh and what it means to be Welsh too, its PASSION HYWEL and PRIDE.
Use these today to get behind City today. l will follow on the radio later and hoping to hear some big noise today. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:36 am

Totally agree how on earth can you give the game to a fellow countryman we beat in the last round!!!!!!! Surely the officials should have been from SA or Austrailia??????

Rant over can't wait to get down and watch us beating the Switch
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:39 am

"France did not beat us today,an Irish referee beat us today"
Sorry i am welsh and watched the game and the main reason wales lost was because the frenh pack where hust to strong. The reason for that is that wales were a man down and that is only the fault of warburton. The man according to my egg lovig friends has been the best thing in a wales shirt all tournerment but you cant lose contol of a tackle and expect to get away with it. Dangerous drop the man on his head in wrong place and that tackle would have been fatal. Missed kickes (not halfpenny's before you start) cost wales as well so IMO nothing to do with the ref wales where the better team but in footballing tearms if the ball aint in the back of the neet you aint going to score. You can do all the right things in the world but make mistakes at the wong times it will cost you.

Never the less well done wales on getting that far and putting up a valiant fight with a man down come home heads held high.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:53 am

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:Totally agree how on earth can you give the game to a fellow countryman we beat in the last round!!!!!!! Surely the officials should have been from SA or Austrailia??????

Rant over can't wait to get down and watch us beating the Switch
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

....and to make it worse, with a French father WTF

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:01 am

angelis49 wrote:I have English blood and Welsh blood coursing through my veins,but i have never been so proud of my Welsh heritage as i am today,lets get one thing absolutely straight,France did not beat us today,an Irish referee beat us today,and let me say one last thing if there are any idiots on here who want to post an i don't care,its only rugby on here, i would warn them to think twice,i don't care what shape ball it is,those gallant rugby players in red should make us so proud to be Welsh

He deserved to be sent off, he nearly broke ya mans neck.

Granted it wasn't intentional but 150mm to the left and the french lad wouldve been paralysed

It was reckless and he'll admit it...when the dust settles

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:27 am

There's another saying in rugger,you never beat Wales you just score more points than them.lol

Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
angelis49 wrote:I have English blood and Welsh blood coursing through my veins,but i have never been so proud of my Welsh heritage as i am today,lets get one thing absolutely straight,France did not beat us today,an Irish referee beat us today,and let me say one last thing if there are any idiots on here who want to post an i don't care,its only rugby on here, i would warn them to think twice,i don't care what shape ball it is,those gallant rugby players in red should make us so proud to be Welsh

He deserved to be sent off, he nearly broke ya mans neck.

Granted it wasn't intentional but 150mm to the left and the french lad wouldve been paralysed

It was reckless and he'll admit it...when the dust settles

I thought it was 50-50, he didnt 'spear' him to the ground. I doubt there would have been any
fuss made by the French if he'd have escaped with a yellow put it that way.

You'd have to question the IRB for putting a French/Irish ref in charge

Done now anyway. I think the 5 nations better watch out for this group of
players mind... Dont know much about Rugby but f**k me they should have
won with 14 men. Some team

Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:56 pm

angelis49 - Don't be such a bad loser. I'm 100% Welsh, and am glad that the hype will, hopefully, die down now. Not many people around the world know anything about this so-called 'world cup'.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:42 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:angelis49 - Don't be such a bad loser. I'm 100% Welsh, and am glad that the hype will, hopefully, die down now. Not many people around the world know anything about this so-called 'world cup'.

your obviously trying to get a reaction from people with your truely pathetic comments by the number of posts you've made on various threads about the rugby.. seen as you don't like it you seem to have enough to say about it... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:47 pm

Phantom - I have never started one post about egg-chasing, pathetic or otherwise. You lot have been going on about it all week, presumably to wind up football fans. So you can dish it out, but don't like it when some of us have a go back. You let the subject fade away quietly, and we can all get back to talking about football, and supporting our club. Tough, you lost.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:55 pm

The anti rugby comments imo are pathetic,them players gave their all.And desereve nothing but respect :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:34 pm

llangainbluebird............You accused me of being a bad loser,your darn right i'm a bad loser,i hate loosing,but i fully accept,that because you have properly been a looser all your life,you don't mind being 2nd best or 3rd or 4th or even last best,not sure if such a description exists but i'm sure your getting my drift,i'm sure you will respond to this,but rest assured,i intend not to respond to any more brainless posts by you

Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:36 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Phantom - I have never started one post about egg-chasing, pathetic or otherwise. You lot have been going on about it all week, presumably to wind up football fans. So you can dish it out, but don't like it when some of us have a go back. You let the subject fade away quietly, and we can all get back to talking about football, and supporting our club. Tough, you lost.

what planet do you live on
no one is winding anyone up
our country made it to a semi- final of a world cup
ill say that again
OUR COUNTRY MADE IT TO A SEMI-FINAL OF A WORLD CUP
and quite rightly people got very excited
I have not read one post saying anything about winding up football fans
the only person winding people up is you
probably because you think its cool and its how your supposed to behave as a football fan which is encouraged by our more prolific posters on this board
Cardiff City fans are the only fans i know who has a pure hatred for rugby
You prefer football to rugby thats fine so do i everybody is allowed that choice
but you dont have to choose between one or the other
you are allowed to support your country in every sport it plays
even england and the rest of the UK got behind Wales to support them
and its a small minority of people like you who embarrass our country, our club and our sporting ethos.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:56 pm

As soon as i saw it was alain rolland in charge i said he would do something to take the limelight, he always does. For those of you who think it was a red card, can you find one expert, ex-pro, commentator who thought it was.....even the anti-welsh brian moore was outraged by the decision. It as a yellow card at worst. As for the comment 150mm and it would have broke his neck, does that mean every prop should be sent off after 1st scrum? Francois pienaar summed it up "rugby is not a contact sport, dancing is a contact sport, rugby is a collision sport" the sport is dangerous, it was a good tackle with no malice, as soon as he realised he lifted clerc off his feet he let him go.....rolland didnt even consult linesman or tv replay. Guess that one is for his father.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:03 pm

norfolkin welsh wrote:Very well put mate, the people who make all these derogatory comments about rugby come across as one eyed to me. First and foremost we are all WELSHMEN and PROUD too. Saw my first game in 1973 against sunderland, Gary bell miss penalty i think. followed city and wales too as my old man and brothers have done all our lives. FFS my nain used to stand up and sing the national anthem when Wales played, regardless of what shaped ball was being kicked.
My mother watches every game, me and my brothers and their kids are all Cardifff mad but crucially WALES mad too. I support and follow rugby and football with equal passion and im massively gutted the result was beyond us today. Positive thing is that people are talking about Wales again in a positive light. when your all off down the city later, think about being Welsh and what it means to be Welsh too, its PASSION HYWEL and PRIDE.
Use these today to get behind City today. l will follow on the radio later and hoping to hear some big noise today. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

no we f*cking aint. Stick your egg up your arse as far as im concerned . its a pathetic game played by a few and watched by hardly any apart from when u turn out for an international

pile of shite - and oh you lost .

Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:12 pm

well done france :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

lets get back to talking about ccfc is it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:29 pm

murphy wrote:well done france :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

no, lots of other threads about that, this one is about rugby, if you don't like it......tough :shock:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:19 pm

murphy wrote:well done france :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well said Murph - f**k the egg.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:57 pm

:evil:
Bobbanker89 wrote:"France did not beat us today,an Irish referee beat us today"

No, if Sam Warburton wasn't sent off (he didn't deserve a red) we would have won. Sam deserved a yellow at least :cry:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:59 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:As soon as i saw it was alain rolland in charge i said he would do something to take the limelight, he always does. For those of you who think it was a red card, can you find one expert, ex-pro, commentator who thought it was.....even the anti-welsh brian moore was outraged by the decision. It as a yellow card at worst. As for the comment 150mm and it would have broke his neck, does that mean every prop should be sent off after 1st scrum? Francois pienaar summed it up "rugby is not a contact sport, dancing is a contact sport, rugby is a collision sport" the sport is dangerous, it was a good tackle with no malice, as soon as he realised he lifted clerc off his feet he let him go.....rolland didnt even consult linesman or tv replay. Guess that one is for his father.

Here's one for you.

Robert Jones.

You know, ex-Welsh captain. Or maybe his view is irrelevant for not agreeing with your flawed view?

Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:40 pm

i watched the game this morning, and the commentators were praising the ref, hes refereed. 5 games in the world cup. hes so calm. etc. etc. we had the wrong ref. made a mockery of the competition, wont bother with the final. as we all know wales should have been in the final :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Daya wrote:
norfolkin welsh wrote:Very well put mate, the people who make all these derogatory comments about rugby come across as one eyed to me. First and foremost we are all WELSHMEN and PROUD too. Saw my first game in 1973 against sunderland, Gary bell miss penalty i think. followed city and wales too as my old man and brothers have done all our lives. FFS my nain used to stand up and sing the national anthem when Wales played, regardless of what shaped ball was being kicked.

no we f*cking aint. Stick your egg up your arse as far as im concerned . its a pathetic game played by a few and watched by hardly any apart from when u turn out for an international

pile of shite - and oh you lost .

:lol: :lol: :lol: well said - they just can't take it that they lost :lol: