Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" A GREAT SEND OFF FOR MIKEY DYE "

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:31 pm

As you will know Mikeys funeral took place at Thornhill Crematorium this afternoon and there was massive crowd that attended, several hundred were listening to the service from outside.

Natalie and Chrissy Dye showed amazing strength getting up and speaking at the service and tributes were paid by 2 of Mikeys closet friends also, even Mikeys dog, smartie, was at the service.

Malky Mackay and Julian Jenkins represented Cardiff City and at the end of the ceremony Malky had a large grin on his face as Chrissy Dye led everyone inside and out in a chant of Mikey Dyes Barmy Army.

A truly unique service and a fitting send off for Mikey :ayatollah:

Re: A GREAT SEND OFF FOR MIKEY

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:38 pm

Difficult day for all, more so for Mikeys wife & son!!!

Sounded like a deserved send off for a true bluebird.

Nice that Malky & Julian went, that would of ment a lot to him!!

RIP Mikey,
Keep flying with us Bluebirds!!

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:44 pm

carlccfc wrote:As you will know Mikeys funeral took place at Thornhill Crematorium this afternoon and there was massive crowd that attended, several hundred were listening to the service from outside.

Natalie and Chrissy Dye showed amazing strength getting up and speaking at the service and tributes were paid by 2 of Mikeys closet friends also, even Mikeys dog, smartie, was at the service.

Malky Mackay and Julian Jenkins represented Cardiff City and at the end of the ceremony Malky had a large grin on his face as Chrissy Dye led everyone inside and out in a chant of Mikey Dyes Barmy Army.

Did Bomber make a speech then Carl ? :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:47 pm

A fitting tribute to one of our own. May Mikey rest in peace :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:59 pm

I hope some day that the Dye family can find peace & happiness one day, may god bless them.

R.I.P. Bluebird :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " A GREAT SEND OFF FOR MIKEY DYE "

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:22 pm

It was a tremendous send off for a Top Fella, now he can R.I.P. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:24 pm

Yes very emotional day, just come from the Cardiff City Stadium, the numbers at the crematorium inside and out were up to 800 strong, great send of for a true city fan and true friend :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
When Nathalie brought Mikeys dog Smartie in to the crematorium for the service, that moment brought a tear to my eye.
It was great to see so many faces turning out for Mikey, they came from the Valley's,Cardiff,Neath,Bristol,London etc.

Also well done to Julian and Malky for representing our Club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Very moving. A very proud day.

Nathalie is heartbroken and I hope that she can get stronger and live for a long time yet with happy memories of Mike and also the tributes that were paid to him by so many.

Yes. I'm a soppy so and so, but I thought of this song today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NFV8dHrZYM&ob=av2n

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
carlccfc wrote:As you will know Mikeys funeral took place at Thornhill Crematorium this afternoon and there was massive crowd that attended, several hundred were listening to the service from outside.

Lee, Bomber was in tears like many of us were, Ive never been to send off has good as that before! Show's you how respected Mikey was! The man is a Legend! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:58 pm

sam salim wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:

Lee, Bomber was in tears like many of us were, Ive never been to send off has good as that before! Show's you how respected Mikey was! The man is a Legend! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks for the reply Sam :ayatollah: It must have been tough for you today mate.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:14 pm

R.I.P Mikey :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:17 pm

dyo is a legend - i fell apart in the car when i left the crem went to ground but was to upset to go in. when i came out of the crem and seen hundreds of lads all with tears in there eyes it hit me hard - just showed how much mikey was respected i have had the great pleasure of knowing him for so many years
and many years travelling with him mikey took me to huddersfield with john jack over 30 years ago i will miss him deeply but he will always been in my heart his life was cut short and it hits home to make more of an effort to your loves ones. good night and god bless you mikey till we meet again ......

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Rest in Peace Mikey.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:38 pm

Not much more that hasnt been said above, reading what Mallo put above bought a tear to my eye.
RIP Mikey :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:23 pm

It was a great send off for Mike and the "Mikey Dye's Barmy Army" chant at the end was truly a moving experience. RIP fella and love to all your family. :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:14 am

Didn't know Mikey personally but when I arrived at the crem I was not surprised to see so many people after the turn out on Sunday.It was pleasing to see MM and JJ representing the club.You'll never walk alone brought a huge lump to my throat and a tear to my eye,It was nice to see everyone dressed casual as requested.I hope Mikey's family and friends can find some peace,Mikey was obviously a very special person.
R.I.P Mikey Dye

In Chrissy's words - Mikey Dye's barmy army :ayatollah: Mikey Dye's barmy army :ayatollah: Mikey Dye's barmy army :ayatollah:

Would be good to hear that Saturday one more time

Mini doc I put together from last Sunday should be online next week

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi Carl
Just a quick note .I have a book out which is having a signing at the Cardiff City club shop saturday 12 - 1400 called Derby Days .The book is about the South Wales derby and there are 30 players fom city and the swans who talk about thier careers and thier favourite derby they played in
In the course of the book i have asked the welsh internationals to sign a welsh shirt and i would like to give it to Mikeys appeal .Hope you can contact me n_palmer@talk21,com

Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:10 pm

Neil1927 wrote:Hi Carl
Just a quick note .I have a book out which is having a signing at the Cardiff City club shop saturday 12 - 1400 called Derby Days .The book is about the South Wales derby and there are 30 players fom city and the swans who talk about thier careers and thier favourite derby they played in
In the course of the book i have asked the welsh internationals to sign a welsh shirt and i would like to give it to Mikeys appeal .Hope you can contact me n_palmer@talk21,com

Nice touch mate. Really pleased Mikey had a great send off. RIP Dyo :ayatollah: