Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"Blakes Cardiff Future Questioned"

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:35 pm

According to former Wales striker, Iwan Roberts, he should move from Cardiff if he doesn't get a regular starting place for City.

Here's the link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15284380.stm

I personally hope he stays, I think he's improved alot.

Sorry if already posted.

Re: "Blakes Cardiff Future Questioned"

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:42 pm

i hope he stays it will be hard for him to get a game behing gerrard hudson and turner maybe now but hes versatile and is very good cover also in midfield it will be silly to let him go

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Iwan Roberts never scored a goal for Wales. He only got a job for the BBC because he can speak Welsh.

Don't listen to him Darcy :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:30 pm

I rate Darcy and obviously been quality for Wales, but Malky seems to prefer two big centre halfs, he's probably our most versatile player, so i hope he stays. :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Scruffy wrote:I rate Darcy and obviously been quality for Wales, but Malky seems to prefer two big centre halfs, he's probably our most versatile player, so i hope he stays. :ayatollah:

I prefer Darcy at DM to be honest. He's a great tackler, great passer and has an awareness about the game. (He played well at Pompey when he was in the midfield.)

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:38 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Scruffy wrote:I rate Darcy and obviously been quality for Wales, but Malky seems to prefer two big centre halfs, he's probably our most versatile player, so i hope he stays. :ayatollah:

I prefer Darcy at DM to be honest. He's a great tackler, great passer and has an awareness about the game. (He played well at Pompey when he was in the midfield.)

Yeah same tbh he was quality when Gunnarsson was out against Portsmouth (like you said) and Huddersfield.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:16 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Darcy Blake is a good player and there are many positives about his game, but he is not a 'great passer'. In fact I'd say he's one of the worst passers in our squad.

Also on the original post, what the f*** does it have to do with Iwan Roberts. Darcy is happy here (as far as I know) and starting to develop as a player

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Ah the famous welsh striker Iwan Roberts - One word - KNOBHEAD

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Bunk wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Darcy Blake is a good player and there are many positives about his game, but he is not a 'great passer'. In fact I'd say he's one of the worst passers in our squad.

Also on the original post, what the f*** does it have to do with Iwan Roberts. Darcy is happy here (as far as I know) and starting to develop as a player

His passing was great away at Pompey. Perhaps a trip to specsavers is in order!

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Just my personnel view,I don't rate Blake,i don't think he is good enough to nail any one position in the side,i would be quite relaxed about him finding another club

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:44 pm

If Darcy wants to keep his place in the International team then he has to be playing week in week out. I

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Bunk wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

In fairness I wasn't at Pompey, but I'd prefer to judge his passing on the many other games I've seen him play for Cardiff/Wales. He's not a good passer of the ball. In fact you're the only Cardiff fan I've ever heard describe him as a great passer of the ball. I'd say his lack of ability in passing is what's held him back to this point as if he could pass the ball he'd have been starting as our defensive midfielder a long time ago.

Perhaps you should take your rose tinted glasses off.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Bunk wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Bunk wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

In fairness I wasn't at Pompey, but I'd prefer to judge his passing on the many other games I've seen him play for Cardiff/Wales. He's not a good passer of the ball. In fact you're the only Cardiff fan I've ever heard describe him as a great passer of the ball. I'd say his lack of ability in passing is what's held him back to this point as if he could pass the ball he'd have been starting as our defensive midfielder a long time ago.

Brigdend_bluebird i have to agree with Bunk on this one, his passing kept him back tbh i think it was him who passed the ball away to the Soton player for their goal, he did make some decent passes at Pompey though (i was there by the way). It has kept him back but his awareness and tackling have made up for that imo. However he is still a quality player ;) :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Bunk wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Bunk wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

My rose tinted glasses off? I was only saying that I THINK (so its my OPINION) that Darcy has improved alot and is a good player. The Hudders game, he played well and his passing looked good. Just my opinion, no need to get your knickers in a twist mate.