Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

anyone on here ever watch the Cardiff FC U21/U18/U16 sides?

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:36 am

Primarily I wanted to ask about Farah and his progress that he had been making?

Has anyone been watching the youth games? I'd like to know how well players are doing and who you'll tip to make the first team in the future. Or who the stand out players have been.

Farah
Ralls (will he be a regular?)
Meades
Declan John
Rhys James (are these two strikers still with the club? saw them destroy england u16 a year or so a go)
Liam Matthews (Adam's brother who adam said was better than he was)
Alex Evans
Nat Jarvis (made a shaky start despite being hyped by staff)
Aaron Wildig (where has he gone? surely should be a bench regular by now)

I'm a keen supporter of players coming through and being given a fair crack at the whip. Darcy Blake in my opinion has matured and developed into a class act. I have noted a few who we let go that had potential and that we failed: Aaron Morris springs to mind. All well and good saying he wasn't good enough and he didn't make it at other clubs, but he looked like he had a lot more quality that other youngsters and did not look at all out of place when he played first team games (the few opportunities he got).

Given how Malky has a terrific record on bringing youngsters few i should imagine that a few of these lads will get there chance.

With Wales doing so well and Cardiff now looking like a team I am again passionate about supporting (I completely lost the passion last season, and didn't feel anywhere near as disappointed as the year before on not making it). Once again the pride has been reinstalled!

Re: anyone on here ever watch the Cardiff FC U21/U18/U16 sides?

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:45 am

On further research I found that A.morris is a regular at aldershot now! apologies for that mistake! but still, one i felt we let go without a real opportunity.

Another update:

-Jonathan Brown...a player D.Jones actually rated and hyped up (far too much in my opinion) is back playing at a respectable level
-Magennis still at Aberdeen but his goal scoring record isn't great = 37 games, 3 scored. But he seemed more of a target man, it would be interesting to here from the Aberdeen fans how they rate him
-James Bloom
-Kai Edwards - I wander how these two lads are getting on. not heard much about them

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:49 am

Liam Matthews is a cousin of Adam and is a goalkeeper I think he is a very good keeper but hard to ever tell with keepers if they will make it so few will

Declan John as a youngster the guy I would have picked for the top He is a July birthday so the youngest member of the squad in the now under 18 age group he is in If he keeps his head on his shoulders as he can be quite hot headed if will make it at some level it's up to him

Rhys not sure he will be good enough for city a very strong and quick lad and he does finish well

Josh the centre back is one to watch out for but needs to keep his feet on the ground and he maybe the one out of all who be make it

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:51 am

Lastly!

Ellis Bellamy - Craig's son has been scoring hat ricks in the welsh youth national team :o

Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:22 am

A side question on this topic, when do the U21/U18/U16 sides play and what kind of cost is it to watch them?

Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:25 am

Ellis isnt anything special he scored his hatrick against welsh girls u16s
There is a kid in the same team called jake Watkins who cardiff paid compo for from swansea who is the best of the 16s bunch