Do you care about the rugby?

You may select 1 option

View results

Do you care about the rugby? [POLL]

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:46 pm

:?:

Re: Do you care about the rugby? [POLL]

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:28 pm

Have to say I'm sick of the Welsh sporting press we get it rammed down our throats. BBC Wales dedicating Sunday nights to a tournament their not even covering!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:45 pm

Of course, I'm Welsh.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:07 am

Lots of posters on here proclaim their Welshness and their pride in that fact, so to not be supportive of the Rugby guys representiong our country is a bit double dutch isn't it? Like the sport or not they're representing us in that tournament, they're Welsh like the majority on here so I'll be getting behind them. :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:14 am

no! i f*cking hate it.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:56 am

murphy wrote:no! i f*cking hate it.

same

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:55 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:Lots of posters on here proclaim their Welshness and their pride in that fact, so to not be supportive of the Rugby guys representiong our country is a bit double dutch isn't it? Like the sport or not they're representing us in that tournament, they're Welsh like the majority on here so I'll be getting behind them. :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:52 am

No

Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:59 am

BlueView wrote:Have to say I'm sick of the Welsh sporting press we get it rammed down our throats. BBC Wales dedicating Sunday nights to a tournament their not even covering!

So you don't watch Match Of The Day then, or the Football League Show? :?

Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:59 am

Of course :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:17 am

:D :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:38 am

PtB wrote:

:D :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:54 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:Lots of posters on here proclaim their Welshness and their pride in that fact, so to not be supportive of the Rugby guys representiong our country is a bit double dutch isn't it? Like the sport or not they're representing us in that tournament, they're Welsh like the majority on here so I'll be getting behind them. :ayatollah:

spot on mate ill support wales in any sport :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:54 pm

Now officially sick and bloody tired of having it rammed down our throats. Contrast the amount of tv and radio coverage being given to this semi final (an staggering 22 hours this week according to my rough count of programs specifically dedicated to it on itv, bbc, radio wales and real radio) with the coverage given to our little brother down west last season in the run up to the richest game in football, or our coverage before the fa cup final in 2008 (the oldest and best cup competition in the world) both of which reached little more than 3 hours in total across the channels.
Also in 2008 wales played England in the world cup qualifier on the same weekend Wales played in the 6 nations rubbish. 11 pages of coverage on the rugby in the western mail, 2 on the football. I rest my case. And before someone says there are more rugby fans than football fans in wales, utter bollocks, if so where are they on a saturday afternoon.
Rant over, and I feel so much better. :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Now call me Mr Picky if you like but surely if you do not care about the rugby then you would not have clicked on this thread, let alone posted in it.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:11 pm

Not even a lil bit.

Wales would be better off forgetting the niche sport of rugby and putting the resources into football instead.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:57 pm

i want them to win of course :ayatollah: but i dont watch egg :D

Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:30 pm

I have very little interest in rugby, but I do care about the fact that Wales have a massive chance of getting into the World Cup Final.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:56 pm

papa wrote:i want them to win of course :ayatollah: but i dont watch egg :D

Yes i'm the same :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:14 pm

Barely half a dozen teams have more registered adult Rugby players than Wales. Surely Wales should be knocking on the door of the semi-finals every 4 years?

Look, if they win it, good luck to them. Personally, I think Welsh Rugby has always been the enemy of Welsh football, PE depts syphoning off the best young sportsmen to play Rugby, rather than 'Wendyball.'

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:14 pm

Yes I also care about football and happy to say I will be having one big day out this Saturday. Early breakfast off to the Millenium to watch Wales reach the final of the Rugby World Cup. Then celebrate with a nice big steak and a few pints then off to the CCS to watch us slam Ipswich. Then out on the piss to try and create one hell of a Sunday morning banging headache - wallop :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:24 pm

Im not a egg fan but will always support ANYTHING Welsh, come on Wales :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:43 pm

Yes I support anything to do with Wales.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:24 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: this is one in the eye for most of the plastic welsh :lol:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Berwyn wrote:Now call me Mr Picky if you like but surely if you do not care about the rugby then you would not have clicked on this thread, let alone posted in it.

the title of the tread stated it was a poll so i thought i'd show my support for the anti rugger crew :ayatollah:
f**k rugger and the wru

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:23 am

Biting again......

"Having the rugby rammed down our throats!!!"

Yeah, and?! We're in a world cup semi! If we were in football world cup semi the media would do exactly the same!!!!

I will try and not bite to any more anti rugby posts :?

Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:43 am

My Own Sporting hopes for weekend

In Order

1) 3 ponts for City
2) Jenson Button to win Granf Prix
3) Wales to win Egg

Number 1 by far more important to me

Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:44 am

You know what, if you dont like the media coverage there is a very simple solution...turn the channel over or buy another newspaper.

Our tiny nation is on the verge of achieving something huge and whether you like rugby or not we should all be able to take pride in that.

The coverage of the cup final, our playoff final or the jacks promotion is irrelevant. It's BBC Wales, not BBC Cardiff or BBC Swansea so of course something that the whole nation can take pride in rather than a certain city/area is going to recieve a lot of media coverage.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:01 am

Yup, i follow Cardiff City & Blues, Welsh Football & Rugby.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:07 pm

ITS GREAT TO SEE THIS POLL AND SEE 75% OF THE PEOPLE ARE BEHIND WALES AND THE OTHER PLASTIC WELSH WAY DOWN THE POLL :lol: :lol: