Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

F.A.O Merlin iOS help.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:52 pm

You seem to be the expert on this kind of thing, im trying to update my iPad to iOS 5 and i keep getting the error message "the device isn't eligible for the requested build" Any ideas on how to cure this? :ayatollah:

Re: F.A.O Merlin iOS help.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:09 pm

CCFC1990 wrote:You seem to be the expert on this kind of thing, im trying to update my iPad to iOS 5 and i keep getting the error message "the device isn't eligible for the requested build" Any ideas on how to cure this? :ayatollah:

It is seriously pissing me off this evening. Not installing on my laptop , two hours in and 1mb. Killed it three times and started again. None of my apps are working either now as I am being told to install ios5.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:31 pm

iOS5 isn't out yet guys, I'm sure it's the 14th same date as the iPhone 4S launch day :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:35 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:iOS5 isn't out yet guys, I'm sure it's the 14th same date as the iPhone 4S launch day :ayatollah:

Well it's available when I try to sync a couple of new albums but it's not installing.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:41 pm

iOS 5 is available it came out today :D I sorted the problem with mine it was to do with host file :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:51 pm

CCFC1990 wrote:iOS 5 is available it came out today :D I sorted the problem with mine it was to do with host file :ayatollah:

I just assumed it was out the same day as the 4S. Oh well :lol:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:01 pm

Conirmed server overload due to the amount of traffic trying to install ios5! I'd wait til tomorrow if I were you!