Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

unemployment hits a 17 year high

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:58 pm

but still we keep allowing foreign workers in,for f@ck sake,i think the only way that the doors would shut is if eastern european politicians came over,things would soon change,our policies are shyt :( :( :( :ayatollah:

Re: unemployment hits a 17 year high

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:26 pm

All men are created equally.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:28 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:All men are created equally.

but if you have no experience your screwed lol

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:36 pm

Worse its gonna get ! I am fortunate enough to work for a decent paying company we recently recruited 50 new people and to hear how some have been bouncing about different agencies only getting minimum wage of £6.10 and only single time on weekend overtime makes me realise how lucky i am at the mo taking nothing for granted as no-one is safe theses days :?

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:30 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

thats the problem ive got. :( instead im stuck delivering pizza for 4.98 an hour :evil:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:33 pm

a horse with no name wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

thats the problem ive got. :( instead im stuck delivering pizza for 4.98 an hour :evil:

well thats crap you do know the nztional minimum wage has risen to £6.08 an hour you do know that your employer is entitled to pay that

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:35 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

Can;t you sue them? The laws states (as someone above mentioned) that the minimum wage is now £6.08 per hour.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:38 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

well thats crap you do know the nztional minimum wage has risen to £6.08 an hour you do know that your employer is entitled to pay that

nah the minimum wage for me is 4.98 as im only 19.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:40 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

nah the minimum wage for me is 4.98 as im only 19.

Just looked and you're correct. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ ... G_10027201

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:42 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

"There are different levels of NMW, depending on your age and whether you are an apprentice. The current rates (from 1 October 2011) are:

£6.08 - the main rate for workers aged 21 and over
£4.98 - the 18-20 rate
£3.68 - the 16-17 rate for workers above school leaving age but under 18
£2.60 - the apprentice rate, for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over and in the first year of their apprenticeship."

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:47 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

"There are different levels of NMW, depending on your age and whether you are an apprentice. The current rates (from 1 October 2011) are:

£6.08 - the main rate for workers aged 21 and over
£4.98 - the 18-20 rate
£3.68 - the 16-17 rate for workers above school leaving age but under 18
£2.60 - the apprentice rate, for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over and in the first year of their apprenticeship."

well you learn a new thing every day lol

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:09 pm

krab wrote:but still we keep allowing foreign workers in,for f@ck sake,i think the only way that the doors would shut is if eastern european politicians came over,things would soon change,our policies are shyt :( :( :( :ayatollah:

zzzzzzzzz

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:41 pm

It's not just cause of the open door policy, its the cuts aswell. Oh yea, the Tories are hinting that they are going to spend some cash (at last). THATS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. Thats exactly what needs to happen. If the Tories get the economy flowing, create jobs and increase our armed forces (the US are trying to start a war with Iran by setting up the assassination) then I'll vote for them. If they do atleast the first two I'll vote for them.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:50 pm

krab wrote:but still we keep allowing foreign workers in,for f@ck sake,i think the only way that the doors would shut is if eastern european politicians came over,things would soon change,our policies are shyt :( :( :( :ayatollah:

These workers are doing job that the lazy shit of british people wont do. and lets face it ,if you go into hospital you will see a load of filipino nurses working there ass off. Without them you would be in a hell of a mess as we cant get the british girls and guys to go into the caring profession. We even have to import doctors, but as for the so called low life jobs go the british wont do them and lets face it ,these jobs has to be done.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:52 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:

These workers are doing job that the lazy shit of british people wont do. and lets face it ,if you go into hospital you will see a load of filipino nurses working there ass off. Without them you would be in a hell of a mess as we cant get the british girls and guys to go into the caring profession. We even have to import doctors, but as for the so called low life jobs go the british wont do them and lets face it ,these jobs has to be done.

This.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:24 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

This.

Also this.

What we need to do is pay one person to dig a hole, and another to fill it back in, so to speak. That way people will be spending, which will mean business are doing well and are able to employ more people. All these people will then be paying taxes which will increase revenue to the government, who will then in turn be able to pay off our debts/spend.

But then again, I guess it can't be that simple to be fair, or it would have been done already.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:30 pm

hooligan858 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

This.

Also this.

What we need to do is pay one person to dig a hole, and another to fill it back in, so to speak. That way people will be spending, which will mean business are doing well and are able to employ more people. All these people will then be paying taxes which will increase revenue to the government, who will then in turn be able to pay off our debts/spend.

But then again, I guess it can't be that simple to be fair, or it would have been done already.

Well, we were spending under the previous government but it little bit too much. But the debt was already here for years.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

This.

sorry you are wrong,they are not doing the work us lazy brits dont want to do,they are cheap labour,a massive difference :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:33 pm

placid-casual wrote:

zzzzzzzzz

what does that mean,sorry for trying to stick up for british workers my mistake

Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:23 am

Midfield general wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

Complete rubbish. You are listening the the left's arguement for mass immagration. Rather than spend money and train the Brisih worker up they'd rather import Hospital which many don't even have qualifications of the British Medical Council which means they put lives at risk. The same can also be said for trades within the manufactoring industry and at the same time this move will then help with their social enginnering plan. So in answer to your comment its the lazy left wing of this country who can't be bothered to help their own which has made the immgration issue a real problem in this country.

Someone from the rightwing talking about spending money? Ok where did you get the joke from? Was it Boris? :lol:

Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:30 am

Midfield general wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

Complete rubbish. You are listening the the left's arguement for mass immagration. Rather than spend money and train the Brisih worker up they'd rather import Hospital which many don't even have qualifications of the British Medical Council which means they put lives at risk. The same can also be said for trades within the manufactoring industry and at the same time this move will then help with their social enginnering plan. So in answer to your comment its the lazy left wing of this country who can't be bothered to help their own which has made the immgration issue a real problem in this country.

For once I actually agree with MG. If we made an effort to train our youth rather than rely on cheap immigrant labour we'd be in a much better state.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:32 am

CF14-SE14 wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

For once I actually agree with MG. If we made an effort to train our youth rather than rely on cheap immigrant labour we'd be in a much better state.

In Wales the Welsh Labour Government introduced a scheme known as "PTA" (Pathways To Apprenticeship). Basically, you get £60 every two weeks and more chance of getting an apprenticeship.

Edit: Forgot to mention, you had to do atleast 6 weeks of work placement with a firm/company. Also the PTA is only for construction trades.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:57 am

Half the young don't want to train, and its true as some of them say, even after they train , there are no jobs out there.
Just look also at the people who has left Uni and cant fined jobs, most of the people who train as sparks or plumbers need to move all over the country to work , and cos the employers know there is 10 people for every 1 Job they are the ones who exploit the workers and know they can pay them shit money. I know 3 sparks and 2 chips and plumbers that have moved over seas to work cos there is no work here for them.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:26 am

I hate the minimum wage, people should be paid for they're ability not age.

For example, one guy in my family is 22 with 3 kids. Never worked a day in his life and was expelled from school. No way is he worth £6+ a hour, he hasn't earned the right to be paid that type of money

Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:31 am

Stern wrote:I hate the minimum wage, people should be paid for they're ability not age.

For example, one guy in my family is 22 with 3 kids. Never worked a day in his life and was expelled from school. No way is he worth £6+ a hour, he hasn't earned the right to be paid that type of money

I hate the minimum wage, we should have a living wage.
There shouldn't be a need for tax credits, they are only there as companies put profits in front of people.

Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Employer

Candidate Number 1 - I'll work for minimum wage, but i'm Filipino.

Candidate Number 2 - - I'll work for twice the amount that guy wants, I'm British

Employer - "Cheaper, will get the job done with probably less fuss....Number 1 please!"

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Midfield general wrote:
brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:Employer

Candidate Number 1 - I'll work for minimum wage, but i'm Filipino.

Candidate Number 2 - - I'll work for twice the amount that guy wants, I'm British

Employer - "Cheaper, will get the job done with probably less fuss....Number 1 please!"

and do you have proof that what EVERY british person says that to prospective employers then..?

A reply to people who complain because they give jobs to cheap labour.