Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/t iPhone update, ios5

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:00 pm

Merlin, tried updating my phone today from ios4.3.5 to ios5 but it says my phone is running the up to date version. Any ideas or has ios5 not been released yet?

Re: O/t iPhone update, ios5

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:46 pm

:lol:

It gets released at 6pm GMT

please read the last few posts of this topic - :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61568&start=30

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:00 pm

Lol sorry mate , just got in from work and tried it straight away, 6pm it is then !

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:29 pm

boyosback wrote:Lol sorry mate , just got in from work and tried it straight away, 6pm it is then !

expect a mad rush though! MILLIONS of people are waiting all around the world to get iOS5 in asap! :lol:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:50 pm

Yeah i'm gunna wait til like 1am to downloan mine. Be ironic if iMessage is launched at a time when BBM is dead. :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:05 pm

What is this update? what will the differences be!? and how do i actually do it?

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:18 pm

I am in middle of downloading iOS5 :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:51 pm

Got it downloading but expecting it to take an absolute age, my internet is completely useless

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:38 pm

easternblue wrote:What is this update? what will the differences be!? and how do i actually do it?

check my other post - link above, as I have posted a link on that one that gives you a good detail at what the latest update willbring you! and yes, to the above post - iMessage comes with iOS5 - and will piss all over BBM! :lol:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:39 pm

iOS5 will throw out 3200 error code alot tonight - overloaded server apples end - if you got your update tonight - you've been lucky - but i would sit tight and wait til tomorrow when the mad rush is over! :)

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:20 pm

Merlin wrote:iOS5 will throw out 3200 error code alot tonight - overloaded server apples end - if you got your update tonight - you've been lucky - but i would sit tight and wait til tomorrow when the mad rush is over! :)

That's what's happened to mine! Cheers Merlin your an absolute lifesaver!!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Both Alison and I have the new update and have bn playing for the last 3 hrs :D

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:33 pm

carlccfc wrote:Both Alison and I have the new update and have bn playing for the last 3 hrs :D

At last an update from Carl :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:56 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Both Alison and I have the new update and have bn playing for the last 3 hrs :D

At last an update from Carl :ayatollah:

I have my iphone 4s, had it for 2 days. Sssssssh...don't tell anyone. :ayatollah: Ill sack it off for the 5 then next summer.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:04 pm

:lol: - iMessage Carl? Any good....? (iPhones equivalent of BBM? Probably say goodbye to Whatsapp now :( )

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:24 pm

Merlin wrote:

:lol: - iMessage Carl? Any good....? (iPhones equivalent of BBM? Probably say goodbye to Whatsapp now :( )

i have downloaded IOS 5, but cannot find iMessage anywhere :-(

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:11 pm

Keli wrote:
Merlin wrote:

i have downloaded IOS 5, but cannot find iMessage anywhere :-(

OK nearly a whole day of playing with the new system, and have managed to locate/work things out ;)

Love the new system, awesome new apps :ayatollah: