Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mikey Dye Match on Sunday thanks from Cardiff city supporter

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Like to say a big thank you to everyone who supported the Mikey Dye memorial match last Sunday on behalf of the supporters Club. Especially Carl Curtis, Annis Abraham Jnr, Wayne Anderson (Dibbs), Mozzer, the players, Bryntirion FC, Cardiff City FC, The officials, Barry Horns, the supporters, and a special thanks to Gary, Reeco, the Swansea players and Swansea supporters who were a credit to their club.

Mikey was a personal friend of mine for many years we met through following Cardiff City, but had many other common interests like keeping fit. (honest i'm not always this fat) Mikey traveled with the supporters club on a regular basis a couple of times a season both following Cardiff and wales abroad and when his boys were younger would regularly book them on the coach to for many seasons. Those of us who were lucky enough to know Dio personally will know what a great bloke he was full of life and a good family man who was proud of his kids. Would never see anyone in trouble always there to lend a hand, I personally will miss him away days will never be the same for me again.

Despite the conditions on Sunday there was a fantastic turn out and was a game of two halves. The result was insignificant to me, the fact that two fierce rivals were able to put there differences aside in memorial of a fellow football fan made me proud to be a football fan, the fact that everyone stood in the rain for 90 minutes supporting made me proud to be a football fan, Barry Horns adding the atmosphere made me proud to be a football fan, drinking and chatting with Swansea fans made me proud to be a football fan, and finally Reeco emotional speech was the icing on the cake proud to be a football fan.

Well done a fantastic and Momentous day in welsh football thank you to everyone you were all a credit

Re: Mikey Dye Match on Sunday thanks from Cardiff city supporter

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:00 pm

I think everyone involved in this day is a credit to the human race. Really nice thing.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:58 pm

A fantastic day Vince which brought everybody together in memory of Mikey :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:06 pm

Well said vince, I only live about 15mins down the road so i was glad i came up to Bryntirion for a worthwhile cause, I only met Mikey on two occasion's and what a top bloke he was, been following the City since 1972 when the old fella took me to see Cardiff v Chelsea and was hooked, nice to see some old Bluebird faces and glad there were no idiot's to spoil the days events, and personally i think that if there was any trouble, then there were more than a few faces there to take care of it.
Really glad that they raised a few bob for Mikeys wife and children and what about his boy scoring what a bonus, I think Mikey was looking down on us all proudly.Well done all !!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:47 pm

TRUEBLUE72 wrote:Well said vince, I only live about 15mins down the road so i was glad i came up to Bryntirion for a worthwhile cause, I only met Mikey on two occasion's and what a top bloke he was, been following the City since 1972 when the old fella took me to see Cardiff v Chelsea and was hooked, nice to see some old Bluebird faces and glad there were no idiot's to spoil the days events, and personally i think that if there was any trouble, then there were more than a few faces there to take care of it.
Really glad that they raised a few bob for Mikeys wife and children and what about his boy scoring what a bonus, I think Mikey was looking down on us all proudly.Well done all !!!!!!!!!!!!

My mate is Manager of Bryntirion so a big up to him for allowing there game to be switched :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
TRUEBLUE72 wrote:Well said vince, I only live about 15mins down the road so i was glad i came up to Bryntirion for a worthwhile cause, I only met Mikey on two occasion's and what a top bloke he was, been following the City since 1972 when the old fella took me to see Cardiff v Chelsea and was hooked, nice to see some old Bluebird faces and glad there were no idiot's to spoil the days events, and personally i think that if there was any trouble, then there were more than a few faces there to take care of it.

My mate is Manager of Bryntirion so a big up to him for allowing there game to be switched :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Too true NuclearBlue

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:55 pm

TRUEBLUE72 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Too true NuclearBlue

Stand up Francis Ford :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:00 pm

vince.alm wrote:Like to say a big thank you to everyone who supported the Mikey Dye memorial match last Sunday on behalf of the supporters Club. Especially Carl Curtis, Annis Abraham Jnr, Wayne Anderson (Dibbs), Mozzer, the players, Bryntirion FC, Cardiff City FC, The officials, Barry Horns, the supporters, and a special thanks to Gary, Reeco, the Swansea players and Swansea supporters who were a credit to their club.

Mikey was a personal friend of mine for many years we met through following Cardiff City, but had many other common interests like keeping fit. (honest i'm not always this fat) Mikey traveled with the supporters club on a regular basis a couple of times a season both following Cardiff and wales abroad and when his boys were younger would regularly book them on the coach to for many seasons. Those of us who were lucky enough to know Dio personally will know what a great bloke he was full of life and a good family man who was proud of his kids. Would never see anyone in trouble always there to lend a hand, I personally will miss him away days will never be the same for me again.

Despite the conditions on Sunday there was a fantastic turn out and was a game of two halves. The result was insignificant to me, the fact that two fierce rivals were able to put there differences aside in memorial of a fellow football fan made me proud to be a football fan, the fact that everyone stood in the rain for 90 minutes supporting made me proud to be a football fan, Barry Horns adding the atmosphere made me proud to be a football fan, drinking and chatting with Swansea fans made me proud to be a football fan, and finally Reeco emotional speech was the icing on the cake proud to be a football fan.

Well done a fantastic and Momentous day in welsh football thank you to everyone you were all a credit

Thanks vince. I know a lot of crap has been written about you in the past on our boards, but I know a friend of yours Keith Roberts from Ferry and he says your a top bloke, and that's good enough for me! :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:32 pm

I have said this on many threads, it was a fantastic day and after the game had been won, how fitting it was for Chirssy Dye to lift the cup that meant the world to him, I told Chrissy when we had a hand shake and a hug just before we left, quote, " Chris don't think we came up here to lie down and roll over, as we really wanted to win the cup " I think Chrissy knew we didn't come just to make the no's up lol.

On Sunday I / We were so privilegded and honoured to part of the proceedings and I was proud to be a football fan surrounded by football fans and be a part of a memorial match for a football fan.

Gary and I got a lot of stick of cluless fools who knew no better but to me it was all worth it, to hear Chrissy telling the press it was the best day of his life and also for a hand shake from Chrissy Dye, Annis and Carl.

Annis, Carl and Gary have been awesome from start to finish.

RIP Mikey D. ATB. Reeco