Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

COME ON WALES........v FROGS ON SATURDAY!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:54 am

Love seeing Wales doing so well and bumping up the FIFA league table. Travelled everywhere to watch them over the years, from Wrexham to Belgrade, Milan to Moscow and all. The future looks bright with our young team growing older and more experienced together.

But we are a small, proud nation with only a few opportunities to excel on the international stage, beit darts, athletics, bowls or whatever.

Enter the current rugby squad. Plenty of genuine talent. In recent times, the top players' ego's have been allowed to grow to dangerous levels....the top players were still only average in world terms but were superstars in the goldfish bowl called Wales. They used to wind me up as much as the pissed up, Albright swigging, wife beating, piss in the street wankers which made up so much of Wales rugby support. I hated being assumed as a rugby supporter just because I announced myself as Welsh.

But credit where its due. The current squad have been fabulously brought on by Gatlin and his back room team. The squad are big, stron, suburbly conditioned and talented. They are also young....too young to start beleiving all the hype about them. They have thrown away the Welsh phsycie of 'we did OK getting to 1/4 finals'. They have quietly put themselves in a position to actually win the World Cup ..........or at least slowly come to belive that they should aim that high. Good on them. Some brilliant performances. The defence line is as determined as the Welsh gene which tells us never to take a step backwards in the face of the foe. It's in our blood!

I admit to watching my first City game in 1967. I admit to having been to around 50+ rugby internationals too.

And I admit to having got up at 6am the last few weekends and admit to being gljued to the telly again on Saturday morning.

We have little enough chance to beat our chests in Wales. So I say.......COME ON WALES.....!!!!!!

Re: COME ON WALES........v FROGS ON SATURDAY!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:19 am

Excellent post fella.

C'MON WALES!!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:10 am

Balls to rugby!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:21 am

I'd love to see Wales win and get to the final and win it. I also hope that the 45,000 that turn up at the crack of dawn on saturday morning at the Millenium Stadium can also start making the effort to go to their club teams games week-in, week-out. Like football supporters do

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:47 am

Excellent post i saw my first City game 1n 1969 and was watching them regular from 71' onwards but i also coach and referee rugby at mini & junior level but always played football until my late thirties.

Got involved in rugby because my Son started playing at the age of 8 and i am now also Treasurer at our local rugby club it's not a crime to like rugby but City will always come first :ayatollah:

I am really looking forward to the weekend Wales v France and a few beers in the morning then drive down to City (Well the Wife is driving) :D then City v Ipswich in the afternoon and hopefully 3 points all finished off with the Cleverley fight in the night.

Could be a great day for Wales in Rugby, Football and Boxing and i will be supporting them all :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also agree with the other poster about the 45K turning up at the Millenium stadium Saturday where are they when the regions play :roll: :roll:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:09 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

well said.....as a 100% welshmen its in my blood to surport wales in which ever sport they are involed.

with are football team possiably pushing into the top 50 in the world & are rugby lads moving to 4th in the world
is a proud moment to be welsh

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I'd love to see Wales win and get to the final and win it. I also hope that the 45,000 that turn up at the crack of dawn on saturday morning at the Millenium Stadium can also start making the effort to go to their club teams games week-in, week-out. Like football supporters do

I watched Newport RFC for more years than I care to remember, but when I was old enough to go to the city on my own that all changed. I still watch the Dragons if they play on a friday night. Its just not the same any more, dragons v treviso doesnt quite have the same appeal as oldschool Newport v pontypool derby on a cold winters evening!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:51 pm

Allez Les Bleus

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:32 am

milly44 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:I'd love to see Wales win and get to the final and win it. I also hope that the 45,000 that turn up at the crack of dawn on saturday morning at the Millenium Stadium can also start making the effort to go to their club teams games week-in, week-out. Like football supporters do

I watched Newport RFC for more years than I care to remember, but when I was old enough to go to the city on my own that all changed. I still watch the Dragons if they play on a friday night. Its just not the same any more, dragons v treviso doesnt quite have the same appeal as oldschool Newport v pontypool derby on a cold winters evening!

I used to watch The Port as well, Milly.....back in the days! And you are right, every game seemed to be a grudge match. Cardiff, Swansea, Pontypool, Bath, Gloucester, Bristol. Even Cross Keys. Rubbish quality when you look back. Still, I was only there for the beer! ;)

Come on, Wales....!!!!!

Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:22 am

DEWCH YMLAIN CYMRU. I will be glued to the goggle box. Do it for yourself, do it for your country Wales, Waies :old: :old:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:27 am

Excellent post....

I not only admit to watching the City since 1984 and Maesteg RFC for even longer, but am also proud to say I do so... FACT!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Come on WALES!!!!!!

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:23 pm

Blue In Cwmbran wrote:
milly44 wrote:

I used to watch The Port as well, Milly.....back in the days! And you are right, every game seemed to be a grudge match. Cardiff, Swansea, Pontypool, Bath, Gloucester, Bristol. Even Cross Keys. Rubbish quality when you look back. Still, I was only there for the beer! ;)

Come on, Wales....!!!!!

Good times mate, went to some disgusting places, Dunvent, crosskeys, ebbw vale, banned from st helens :lol: upset a few in bath too :oops: pontypridd was always the best though.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:27 pm

I would support Wales even if it was Tiddlywinks!!

So..................C'MON WALES

CYMRU AM BYTH!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:38 pm

milly44 wrote:
Blue In Cwmbran wrote:
milly44 wrote:

Come on, Wales....!!!!!

Good times mate, went to some disgusting places, Dunvent, crosskeys, ebbw vale, banned from st helens :lol: upset a few in bath too :oops: pontypridd was always the best though.

Now now milly,whats wrong with ebbw vale?...or was it you didn't like drinking your beer in the windy rain :P

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:41 pm

I remember going there on boxing day about 10 years ago, got a pint stood behind the posts, by the end of the game the score board read -6c (i dont miss those days) :lol:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:44 pm

milly44 wrote:
Blue In Cwmbran wrote:
milly44 wrote:

Come on, Wales....!!!!!

No mention of the mighty Aberavon boys? Saw some cracking games against Newport many years ago! Plus Aberavon V Neath is the equivelant to Cardiff v Swansea footy! I think its the only time ive seen crowd trouble at a rugby match :shock: :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:48 pm

milly44 wrote:I remember going there on boxing day about 10 years ago, got a pint stood behind the posts, by the end of the game the score board read -6c (i dont miss those days) :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Your not wrong there,its a different world when it comes to the weather
i've never followed club rugby,i dont mind getting behind wales for the rugby though.My cousin got banned following ebbw vale in last years final at the arms park for fighting,wru basically told ebbw vale to ban him. :oops: :oops:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 pm

cracking post fella totally agree with you and will be watching the game come saturday hoping for the win c'mon wales.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Spot on Andy :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Wles flag.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:06 am

allez le rouge!!! Can't wait till saturday, momentus and proud day for our small country......dreading sunday morning ! :D

Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:34 am

Chris Evans on Radio 2 is having an 'all things Wales day' at the moment. Really getting behind our country.

It's rather nice to think that people are pulling for you...............rather than forever thinking that the world is picking on you!!

Come on, Wales......!!!!!!