Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

wheres these loan signings

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:38 am

time is ticking on so are games any longer and it wont be worth getting any

Re: wheres these loan signings

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:40 am

DEANO wrote:time is ticking on so are games any longer and it wont be worth getting any

So if we have the chance to loan Messi in two weeks time "It won't be worth getting [him]" ? Utter nonsense.

They'll come if we can get them and won't if we can't that's all. This club should be operating on a real budget and working down debts not wildly spending with no plan or parameters in place.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:43 am

surely our plan and parameters should be going forward to reach premier league can you see that with a flimzy squad i cant see why that should be utter nonsense really

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:46 am

The club is massively in debt. We signed, for me, the best group of players in one transfer window than this club may have ever over the last summer. Sure Bellamy was great but give me Cowie over Koumas, Gunnarson over Olofinjana and Conway over JET anyday.

If it takes til next summer to supplement that i'm more than willing to wait, rather than spend money on a squad that isn't ready yet. And that money be wasted.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:09 am

I'm convinced now we are skint

All talk no action

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:58 am

perhaps malky only wants to bring in players who will want to fight and earn a permanent contract at the end of their loan spells. unlike whe jones brought in shit like JET , olifijana, j lloyd samuel :roll:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:32 pm

Mr Jinks I wouldn't class Oli as shit

He was inconsistent - J lloyd was shit

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Olofinjana was as bad as Gavin Rae. Albeit he was played out of position at times.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:56 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:I'm convinced now we are skint

All talk no action

Ah you've lost me there?

When did the Club release details of Malky's players budget? When did the Club say they
were going to give him Millions to spend?

Malky is looking to get players in that will be here for the season, one's he can either buy
or extend the loan period come January. every single Premiership player not named in the
25 has been dropped for a reason. Just because they are 'with' a Premiership Club, it does
not necessarily follow that they are good enough for this divsion. As frustrated as I am,
I'd sooner him sign nobody than just get some 'name' in for the sake of it. Do we have any
examples of this kind of reckless 'buy them cos their well known' management??

Ah yes.

Jason Koumas
Robbie Fowler
Trevor Sinclair
Jay lloyd Samuel
Edward (big in america) Johnson

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:31 pm

My dear taffyapple how nice to see another post from your good self,you constantly amaze me with your abundant optimism regarding the people who run Cardiff City,i do hope for your sake it's not misplaced,now me on the other hand,i'm a realist and put allot of faith in what i see,and what i see taffy,is a manager who is either a ditherer or has his hands well and truly tied behind his back regarding transfers in,now i don't think the man is a ditherer,so that being the case,we need a statement of intent from the owners of this great club,to spell out exactly what their intension's are regarding strengthening the squad,that would put an end to all this speculation on who we are going to sign,and also my dear taffy,would give you an opportunity to take your rose tinted glasses off and give your eyes a rest....your humble servant...... angelis

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:33 pm

ANGELIS you are cock on mate thanks for an excellent response

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:52 pm

RFMH wrote:Olofinjana was as bad as Gavin Rae. Albeit he was played out of position at times.

I think it was more a case of playing himself out of position. Instead of sitting in and helping the back 4, he wanted to play centre forward.

Gunnarrson is head and shoulders better.