Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would the current wales squad?

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 pm

Gain promotion to the premier league from the championship?

Think about key players! Bellamy, bale and Ramsey!

I am undecided! would that be enough to get promotion in this league?
:?: :?: :?:

Re: Would the current wales squad?

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:33 pm

If they trained together all season then yes,easily

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Considering the majority of the starting 11 tonight are Premiership players apart from Blake and Gunter, and we have other Premiership players who wasn't in the team like James Collins and Danny Gabbidon, then yes the Wales squad would easily get promoted to the Premiership.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:37 pm

Depends. Personally if we had Cardiff City vs Wales tomorrow Cardiff would walk over Wales. Simple reason being the Cardiff team is together everyday while the Wales team isn't. If the Welsh team had time to gel and get to know each other as closely as a club team does then we would probably gain promotion quite comfortably.

But that again depends on the manager. Not to speak too soon but it seems Gary Speed is a better international coach that he is club coach. That reason alone could result in a Wales team not gaining promotion to the Premier League.

But I don't think it'd matter. If Wales had a summer to gel and a season in the Championship they'd walk up the Premier League easily. There's a lot of good young talent in the team and we're playing nice football.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:46 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Depends. Personally if we had Cardiff City vs Wales tomorrow Cardiff would walk over Wales. Simple reason being the Cardiff team is together everyday while the Wales team isn't. If the Welsh team had time to gel and get to know each other as closely as a club team does then we would probably gain promotion quite comfortably.

But that again depends on the manager. Not to speak too soon but it seems Gary Speed is a better international coach that he is club coach. That reason alone could result in a Wales team not gaining promotion to the Premier League.

But I don't think it'd matter. If Wales had a summer to gel and a season in the Championship they'd walk up the Premier League easily. There's a lot of good young talent in the team and we're playing nice football.

Great answer!! Agree!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:52 pm

I Would say that if the Wales team were to play each week in the Championship with the squad we have now....

This team would go up as Champions ( imo ) Most of those players have already gone up from the Championship with their clubs.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:54 pm

I think wales would easily get promoted if they had time to gel but how would they cope in the prem?

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Dyfan95 wrote:I think wales would easily get promoted if they had time to gel but how would they cope in the prem?

As for the prem' league.. i think this squad would be top half of the league ( add Giggs - Davies - to the squad )