Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

E I E I E I O UP THE FIFA RANKINGS WE GO

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:58 pm

WALESSSSSS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: E I E I E I O UP THE FIFA RANKINGS WE GO

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:07 pm

Dizzy heights now wherever we move up to!!!

All joking aside very very proud,

The next world cup we'll be there!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:35 am

I heard we'll go up to about 50th with a win against Bulgaria?

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:17 am

bluebirdbaker wrote:I heard we'll go up to about 50th with a win against Bulgaria?

defo go above Northern Ireland and Im hearing rumours from somebody who's calculated the permutations from last night that we may be above Scotland too ??

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:27 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
bluebirdbaker wrote:I heard we'll go up to about 50th with a win against Bulgaria?

defo go above Northern Ireland and Im hearing rumours from somebody who's calculated the permutations from last night that we may be above Scotland too ??

shows how shit the ranking system is though.. 3 wins and we go from 1 billion to about 40/50!! makes you laugh...

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:34 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

shows how shit the ranking system is though.. 3 wins and we go from 1 billion to about 40/50!! makes you laugh...

not really, just that everybody from 50th upwards are all on similar points because they all dont win many games.

i like the rankings, they are worked the best they can

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:38 am

jezzy666 wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:

not really, just that everybody from 50th upwards are all on similar points because they all dont win many games.

i like the rankings, they are worked the best they can

with teams like this , do you really think the rankings are accurate though??

japan 15??

switzerland 18 ???

montenegro 26 ???

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankin ... index.html

this shows how the points are calculated and the rankings...

with our victory yesterday we should roughly be in the low 40s ...

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:44 am

yeah, the rankings are purely results based. Japan win most of there games over there side of the world, although its against lesser opposition they do get the wins and it all adds up.

switzerlands first loss in 8 games to us. also in the last world cup they did well. so there ranking is more than fair.

montenegro just qualified for there first major tournament in history and had a great campaign.

im not saying there better teams than us, but they have had better results and in any league anywhere thats all that counts

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:15 am

When will this months rankings be announced? :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:11 am

19th October
http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankin ... index.html

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:16 pm

19th october we gotta be above Northern ireland and Scotland now :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:18 pm

Up to 41st in the rankings is the talk :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:20 pm

carlccfc wrote:Up to 41st in the rankings is the talk :ayatollah:

That's one major move in the right direction :D

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:30 pm

jezzy666 wrote:montenegro just qualified for there first major tournament in history and had a great campaign.

Montenegro aint qualified for nish mate and will get knocked out in the Play Off.

1 draw and 2 defeats in their last 3 games.

They only scored 7 goals in the whole campaign and were the lowest points scoring 2nd place team out of the 3 Five Team Groups.

I wouldnt say they had a great campaign at all, I would say they were the best of a bad bunch.

As for Wales, it was a seriously good chance for us to make a play off place but keeping Toshack for the start of the campaign screwed us over.

:ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:35 pm

GARY SPEEEDS BARMY ARMY :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:42 pm

f**k the rankings! Just get us into a major tournament and that'll be all the ranking we need.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:47 pm

baseboy007 wrote:f**k the rankings! Just get us into a major tournament and that'll be all the ranking we need.

higher the rankings we are the easier the teams we are drawn against in a major competition rankings mean everything this is why England have piss easy draws :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:02 pm

What a shame that we are 6th seeds for the next qualifiers though as it means we have to play 5 other teams ranked above although more than likely we will be above them some of them now.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:04 pm

Group A: Croatia, Serbia, Belgium, SCOTLAND, Macedonia, WALES

Not too bad potential for a few wins there and bettering our ranking further.