Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: For all you SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 lovers!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:28 pm

Cardiff Crazy wrote:
Merlin wrote:The new iPhone 4S is 73% faster than the iPhone 4 and twice as fast as the Galaxy S2 with the new A5 chip it uses (same one that's in the ipad2) higher quality camera, latest speech technology (with Siri) - so yes it might be as good as or even a bit better INSIDE than the iPhone 4 but it ain't a patch on the 4S. If anyone with an iPhone 4 gets the opportunity to swap or upgrade your phone - I suggest you do it! You will not be disappointed! :ayatollah:

Teathering the iPad to the I phone is amazing lol

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:57 am

Tethering a normal laptop with an iPhone is awesome too! And with 3' network it's Free too! ;)

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:20 am

Merlin wrote:Tethering a normal laptop with an iPhone is awesome too! And with 3' network it's Free too! ;)

Agreed Merlin. I am on "The One Plan" with "3" and its an all you can eat data plan.

Awesome. ;)

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:33 am

Merlin wrote:The new iPhone 4S is 73% faster than the iPhone 4 and twice as fast as the Galaxy S2 with the new A5 chip it uses (same one that's in the ipad2) higher quality camera, latest speech technology (with Siri) - so yes it might be as good as or even a bit better INSIDE than the iPhone 4 but it ain't a patch on the 4S. If anyone with an iPhone 4 gets the opportunity to swap or upgrade your phone - I suggest you do it! You will not be disappointed! :ayatollah:

Voice recognition has been around for over a year, all Apple gave done is give it a silly name. The camera IS NOT better than the s2, plus there are at least 2 Android phones with dual core from tablets so all Apple have done us play catch up. Apples reign is finally coming to an end so wise up fanboys

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:51 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/15254636

just to chuck a spanner in the works!!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:47 am

Randy Udderway wrote:

Voice recognition has been around for over a year, all Apple gave done is give it a silly name. The camera IS NOT better than the s2, plus there are at least 2 Android phones with dual core from tablets so all Apple have done us play catch up. Apples reign is finally coming to an end so wise up fanboys

sorry but the iphone 4S is far superior now than the samsung, samsung are in even more troble in legal matters. the sales of the 4S show the true dominance in the market and thats a year before the iphone 5 comes and clinches the deal.

imo the phone market is over and the only reason any other phone sells is people just rebelling and trying to be different

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:46 am

jezzy666 wrote:
Randy Udderway wrote:

sorry but the iphone 4S is far superior now than the samsung, samsung are in even more troble in legal matters. the sales of the 4S show the true dominance in the market and thats a year before the iphone 5 comes and clinches the deal.

imo the phone market is over and the only reason any other phone sells is people just rebelling and trying to be different

wow, that is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard :lol:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:23 am

I have been using a Galaxy S2 recently and it is superb. Very light, very thin, great battery life, web browsing and music playback using winamp wirelessly syncing with my PC.

Best of all though, I can walk down the street on my phone without looking like a wanky apple glory-hunting estate agent.

Sorry, it has to be said, Apple make some great gear and do some superb marketing but,like MUFC, their followers put me off.

Sorry but Apple are the Man United of the phone industry. I know they play good football and all that but I just can't bring myself to support them.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:25 am

wow, that is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard
Randy Udderway

i think the post below just proves my point !!

Private messageE-mail Randy Udderway

Fergy1927 wrote:I have been using a Galaxy S2 recently and it is superb. Very light, very thin, great battery life, web browsing and music playback using winamp wirelessly syncing with my PC.

Best of all though, I can walk down the street on my phone without looking like a wanky apple glory-hunting estate agent.

Sorry, it has to be said, Apple make some great gear and do some superb marketing but,like MUFC, their followers put me off.

Sorry but Apple are the Man United of the phone industry. I know they play good football and all that but I just can't bring myself to support them.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:28 am

jezzy666 wrote:imo the phone market is over and the only reason any other phone sells is people just rebelling and trying to be different

LOL United, United, United . . . .

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Yea but can your shitty iphone run flash?.....Exactly :D

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:51 pm

Anarch0 wrote:Yea but can your shitty iphone run flash?.....Exactly :D

apple dont want flash, and clearly dont need it :)

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:I have been using a Galaxy S2 recently and it is superb. Very light, very thin, great battery life, web browsing and music playback using winamp wirelessly syncing with my PC.

i agree...

also the tech geeks at t3 have just awarded the galaxy s2 phone of the year over the i phone 4..

see link as previous message

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

i agree...

also the tech geeks at t3 have just awarded the galaxy s2 phone of the year over the i phone 4..

hey i agree the galaxy is better than the iphone 4. but the iphone 4s is by far better than the galaxy now. the performance improvements are vastly better and other aspects have been brought up to scratch.

with samsung getting sued by apple and banned in some countries. by the time the iphone 5 comes out next year the only place that samsung handset will sell, is in another galaxy !!!!

see link as previous message

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:26 pm

ooops i typed in the wrong place...

hey i agree the galaxy is better than the iphone 4. but the iphone 4s is by far better than the galaxy now. the performance improvements are vastly better and other aspects have been brought up to scratch.

with samsung getting sued by apple and banned in some countries. by the time the iphone 5 comes out next year the only place that samsung handset will sell, is in another galaxy !!!!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Yes the iPhone can play flash media - using a browser called "SkyFire!" ;)

Also I heard rumours that Adobe (who create the software for flash) will soon come to an agreement with apple as well.

And regarding the last post - it is my own personal opinion (that I am entitled to) that the samsung still isn't even as good as iPhone 4 - regardless of any spec - I just think the iPhone oozes quality unlike the cheap looking samsung phones. As well as knowing that Samsung broke many apple patents to create their phone - which is why it is being phased out and even stopped being shipped to certain countries!

The iPhone 4S is a whole new kettle of fish!!!

iOS in my opinion is a far more advanced and more technically better way to run a smart phone over the Android OS.

While we are on the subject people BIG day today for idevice owners! As iTunes 10.5 update is live, iCloud is now live (Amazing!!) and the new iOS5 will be here in a couple of hours!! The best OS apple has made to date ;)

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Merlin wrote:Yes the iPhone can play flash media - using a browser called "SkyFire!" ;)

Also I heard rumours that Adobe (who create the software for flash) will soon come to an agreement with apple as well.

And regarding the last post - it is my own personal opinion (that I am entitled to) that the samsung still isn't even as good as iPhone 4 - regardless of any spec - I just think the iPhone oozes quality unlike the cheap looking samsung phones. As well as knowing that Samsung broke many apple patents to create their phone - which is why it is being phased out and even stopped being shipped to certain countries!

iOS in my opinion is a far more advanced and more technically better way to run a smart phone over the Android OS.

While we are on the subject people BIG day today for idevice owners! As iTunes 10.5 update is live, iCloud is now live (Amazing!!) and the new iOS5 will be here in a couple of hours!! The best OS apple has made to date ;)

Lets dip our phones underwater and see who's run faster.... :lol:

Motorola Defy for the win. Great specs, great party trick. Best phone ive owned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj-F2aMGxWA

Plus Android phones give you more freedom and personalisation.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Merlin wrote:Yes the iPhone can play flash media - using a browser called "SkyFire!" ;)

tottaly agree merlin.

cound u explain in people terms what this iCloud is and also what time the OS is out tonight.

i presume the itunes update wont be so spesh

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:55 pm

jezzy666 wrote:

tottaly agree merlin.

cound u explain in people terms what this iCloud is and also what time the OS is out tonight.

i presume the itunes update wont be so spesh

iOS5 should be available at 6pm GMT.

FOR THE FULL REVIEW OF iOS5 & iCLOUD - ALL iPHONE OWNERS SHOULD READ THIS! -> http://modmyi.com/content/5532-ios-5-re ... t=FaceBook

and If you are thinking of updating and Jailbreaking Tethered - I recommend this method!-> http://www.gizmowebs.com/2011/1662/manu ... t-restore/

:ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:19 pm

ONE OTHER THING! MY SIGNATURE BELOW PROVIDES A LINK FOR ALL IPHONE/IPOD/IPAD OWNERS A FACEBOOK GROUP THAT ASSISTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF IDEVICE SOFTWARE HARDWARE HELP! PLEASE JOIN UP..... ;)

Re: For all you SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 lovers! & iOS5 update!!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Fair Play Chief Merlin :? I feel like a Caveman being taught the the workings of a Jet engine :o :? :old: :old: :old: :old: :lol: You :geek: !!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:37 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
sam salim wrote:Fook me Craig its just a tool to txt and take photo's for me,am not in to all this technology shit.All i want is a phone that when dropped off a scaffold or into a cement mixer it still fookin works!!!! :roll:

And it has to be able to bounce off the forresters floor when on a piss up and still work afterwards ;) :lol:

Lee i used to have a motorola when they first came out! I dropped it,30ft off a scaffold and it doubled up as a cosh when thing's got out of hand ;) and it wud never let me down!!!The only downfall was it's size!It was like walking around with a house brick!!! :oops: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:13 pm

My contract is up next month and cannot decide on what phone to get, I've got the old iphone and find it to be very slow. I cant decide on whether to get the Samsung or the new Iphone, im swayed to the samsung but hate change. It'l take me another 2 years to work out the functions of the Samsung as it took me up until now to work it out after swapping to a Iphone from a Nokia. Owww decisions, decisions :roll:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:36 pm

CaerphillyBluebird wrote:My contract is up next month and cannot decide on what phone to get, I've got the old iphone and find it to be very slow. I cant decide on whether to get the Samsung or the new Iphone, im swayed to the samsung but hate change. It'l take me another 2 years to work out the functions of the Samsung as it took me up until now to work it out after swapping to a Iphone from a Nokia. Owww decisions, decisions :roll:

Old iphones are actually awful compared to the 4 and 4s! so I would recommend you change to the latest iphone as you already know how to use one - the Operating System is very similar between 3/3GS and the 4/4s - so you wouldnt have to learn much at all - and as you can gather from above opinion, I actually think 4S is currently the Daddy of phones on the market! :)

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Merlin I am with you, i now miss sbsettings but i really only ever jailbroke for sms tones, and now on the 4 with ios5 you can changed them, so i dont need to. ive had it since beta 2 as work has a dev account. on ios5 GM at the moment as its telling me 4 hours to d/l it on 50mb broadband!! :ayatollah:

its almost like xbox vs ps3 apple vs android.

the big plus for me supporting them in work is the IOS 4/5 is so easy for people to use, and understand, that i rarely get any calls about it. hell my uncle who is 86 has an ipad, and other than set it up on the wifi for him, and an itunes account, i havent heard from him!

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:43 am

Just seen screenshots of the new Android 4.0. Looks amazing! :ayatollah: :D

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-20117451-251/ice-cream-sandwich-leaks-indicate-a-real-treat/