Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

For all you SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 lovers! & iOS5 update!!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:05 pm

The new iPhone 4S is 73% faster than the iPhone 4 and twice as fast as the Galaxy S2 with the new A5 chip it uses (same one that's in the ipad2) higher quality camera, latest speech technology (with Siri) - so yes it might be as good as or even a bit better INSIDE than the iPhone 4 but it ain't a patch on the 4S. If anyone with an iPhone 4 gets the opportunity to swap or upgrade your phone - I suggest you do it! You will not be disappointed! :ayatollah:

Re: For all you SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 lovers!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Mine is pre ordered for Friday :D

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:09 pm

Merlin wrote:The new iPhone 4S is 73% faster than the iPhone 4 and twice as fast as the Galaxy S2 with the new A5 chip it uses (same one that's in the ipad2) higher quality camera, latest speech technology (with Siri) - so yes it might be as good as or even a bit better INSIDE than the iPhone 4 but it ain't a patch on the 4S. If anyone with an iPhone 4 gets the opportunity to swap or upgrade your phone - I suggest you do it! You will not be disappointed! :ayatollah:

Merlin,

What are your thoughts on the sony ericcsson experia neo phone, Just asking as you are the expert as it looks like it is going to be supplied by my works as my new phone soon.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Merlin wrote:The new iPhone 4S is 73% faster than the iPhone 4 and twice as fast as the Galaxy S2 with the new A5 chip it uses (same one that's in the ipad2) higher quality camera, latest speech technology (with Siri) - so yes it might be as good as or even a bit better INSIDE than the iPhone 4 but it ain't a patch on the 4S. If anyone with an iPhone 4 gets the opportunity to swap or upgrade your phone - I suggest you do it! You will not be disappointed! :ayatollah:

Merlin,

What are your thoughts on the sony ericcsson experia neo phone, Just asking as you are the expert as it looks like it is going to be supplied by my works as my new phone soon.

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/sony ... ia-neo.htm

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Have a look at this - some interesting reading!

Also the iPhone 4 - (for those of you interested) will perform alot better on the iOS5 released TOMORROW!! :ayatollah:

http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-4s-cpu ... id-phones/

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Bowmonster wrote:

Merlin,

Personally, to complicated, to large and not quick enough - HOWEVER, there are worse phones out there tbh, but I've always been alittle biased towards Apple....

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:28 pm

I'm an iPhone man myself but the specs for the Galaxy S3 have been leaked and to be honest, if they're true, it will be vastly superior to the iPhone 4S.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Frantic wrote:I'm an iPhone man myself but the specs for the Galaxy S3 have been leaked and to be honest, if they're true, it will be vastly superior to the iPhone 4S.

No it won't! ;) Rumours are rumours, and if they are anything to go by the iphone 5 is available in 3 days time!!! :lol:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Fook me Craig its just a tool to txt and take photo's for me,am not in to all this technology shit.All i want is a phone that when dropped off a scaffold or into a cement mixer it still fookin works!!!! :roll:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:06 pm

sam salim wrote:Fook me Craig its just a tool to txt and take photo's for me,am not in to all this technology shit.All i want is a phone that when dropped off a scaffold or into a cement mixer it still fookin works!!!! :roll:

And when you drop it down the Bog :o not to much to ask hey Sammy Boy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:17 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
sam salim wrote:Fook me Craig its just a tool to txt and take photo's for me,am not in to all this technology shit.All i want is a phone that when dropped off a scaffold or into a cement mixer it still fookin works!!!! :roll:

And when you drop it down the Bog :o not to much to ask hey Sammy Boy :lol: :lol: :lol:

AND THAT!!!!! :oops:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:20 pm

The Samsung Galaxy SIII is a myth - a cheap phone to rival the far more superior iphone, so sit back down you gorgeous man - OOOOOOOOOOH I could crush a grape! :D

Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:54 pm

Dafydd wrote:The Samsung Galaxy SIII is better than that, so sit back down you iPhone geek :D

:lol:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:55 pm

Will this update tomorrow affect jailbroken phones

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Well of course the ip4S is better than the GS2. The GS2 has been out for 7 months. But there isn't alot of difference.

With regards to an iP5......

Moving on.... Baz, if you update to iOS5, you will lose your jailbreak.

And whoever asked about the Neo, its a great piece of kit but the Arc S and Ray are better. I use the Arc and the GS2 and much prefer the Arc....but thats is because I love the media funtions on it. And I believe there is no other phone that has a camera as good as the Arc.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Thanks x

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Merlin wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:

Merlin,

Personally, to complicated, to large and not quick enough - HOWEVER, there are worse phones out there tbh, but I've always been alittle biased towards Apple....

Thanks mate :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:16 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Will this update tomorrow affect jailbroken phones

NO! not if you dont connect your phone to itunes and click UPDATE! also - you need itunes 10.5 (final) to install iOS5 - which is actually now available in itunes itself (HELP>SEARCH FOR UPDATES) or go to www.apple.com to download the latest version.

Baz, if you wait a few days after the release tomorrow, there will be a Fully untethered Jailbreak available for iOS5 - The Dev team have already been working on it for months and have found 4 exploits in apples software.... so expect a few more updates in the coming weeks.... ie. ios5.0.1 5.1 5.2 etc etc

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:18 pm

Dafydd wrote:The Samsung Galaxy SIII is better than that, so sit back down you iPhone geek :D

Prove it? seeing as there is NO SUCH THING! :lol:

it's all rumours pal. And besides if they do decide to produce such a phone in 2012 then its Rival will then become the much anticipated iphone 5 - which will be a big step up on the iphone4s. (which is now the best smartphone on the market!!!) Sales and demand prove that already.... :D

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:18 pm

And it has to be able to bounce off the forresters floor when on a piss up and still work afterwards ;) :lol:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:23 pm

Bowmonster wrote:

And it has to be able to bounce off the forresters floor when on a piss up and still work afterwards ;) :lol:

Why dont you just buy a pager Sam, and carry a quids worth of 20p pieces on you! :lol:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:24 pm

Getting my iPhone 4S for xmas, if not before. Cannot stand this shitty blackberry anymore :evil: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Dafydd wrote:The Samsung Galaxy SIII is a myth - a cheap phone to rival the far more superior iphone, so sit back down you gorgeous man - OOOOOOOOOOH I could crush a grape! :D

I love you too David! ;)

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:26 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:Getting my iPhone 4S for xmas, if not before. Cannot stand this shitty blackberry anymore :evil: :ayatollah:

Blackberry are just a temporary gimmick, Here today, gone tomorrow!

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Merlin wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:Getting my iPhone 4S for xmas, if not before. Cannot stand this shitty blackberry anymore :evil: :ayatollah:

iMessage will be a BBM killer :D

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:43 pm

I heard Blackberry were having a 2 day silence in respect of the death of iphone guru Steve Jobs! :lol:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:44 pm

"People will love the new iPhone - I put my life on it" - Steve Jobs :D

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:02 pm

Merlin wrote:

Blackberry have been around longer than iPhone. And are still number one phone for business users. OS7 looks pretty good too. Variety is the spice of life as they say....

Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:13 pm

Merlin wrote:

agreed...

blackberrys suck... horrible navigation, nightmare when u have to back up data, shit sounds, bunk camera...