Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MIKEY DYE MATCH - "THANK YOU"

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:45 pm

I would like to thank everybody who turned up and supported the memorial game for Mikey Dye yesterday, it was a very special occasion I am sure those who were there would agree.

Thanks to Bryntirion FC for hosting the game and making everyone feel very welcome, also to Dibs for helping us get the ground and referee. Jared and his son for manning the gate along with Adam Price.

Chapmans coaches for providing the travel, free of charge.

Vince Alm and CCSC for obtaining the kit from the club.

Steve Green for the donation of the trophy.

And of course Jason Perry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23PNETdj ... e=youtu.be

It goes without saying without the endeavour of Reeco and Gary from Swansea this game would not have happened, these two guys sorted out the kit that their team played in, Reeco's daughter bought and sponsored the match balls and also Gary sorted out the coach to bring the team to Bridgend. Thank you to the players from Swansea for playing in the game and some of whom travelled from London to take part, it shouldn't be underestimated the courage that each and everyone of the Swansea fans showed in coming to the game knowing that it would be predominantly Blue on the day.

Reeco's emotional speech in the clubhouse after the game left many with tears in the eyes and showed everyone the reasons why the Swansea team wanted to play in the game.

Between us all who attended we raised £1750 which included the tip from the Swansea coach driver that was collected by the team on the journey home.

A crowd of 700 approx turned up for the game.

A magnificent effort which takes the running total in the region of £15,500.

Sky sports news and ITV, South Wales Echo give very good reports that sent a message out to the Country, I will add a link to the Sky Sports news coverage as soon as I upload it to youtube. Thanks to Dazzy for his filming too.

Barry Horns band for the music throughout the game was a fantastic touch.

There will be further funds added this Saturday when 50% of the bar takings from the Ninian Park Pub will be given by the Landord, so please if you are going to have a pint on Saturday make sure it is in the Ninian.

There will also be a raffle of former players signed shirts, as well as a current signed City top, along with other donated gifts.

So come down to the Ninian this Saturday between 12-2pm to help raise more funds.

Yesterday was a special day which was made worthwhile for me when Chrissy Dye said that 'It was the best day of life'.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: MIKEY DYE MATCH - "THANK YOU"

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Gutted I couldn't make it. Sounds like it was a major success and that is down to everyone involved. I think its amazing we have shown we can put rivalries aside to support such an amazing cause. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:48 pm

It was fantastic Carl. It would of been better if a few more Jack supporters had attended. But yes those Jacks that did turn up i have the upmost respect because had it been the other way round i would of been shitting it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:25 am

It was a great afternoon and not even the rain dampened the spirits ...... well done to all the above mentioned by Carl for making the event what it was :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:24 am

It was a great day. I really enjoyed it and there was no negatives at all that came from the occassion. TYVM to all concerned. ATB. Reeco

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:34 am

carlccfc wrote:I would like to thank everybody who turned up and supported the memorial game for Mikey Dye yesterday, it was a very special occasion I am sure those who were there would agree.

Thanks to Bryntirion FC for hosting the game and making everyone feel very welcome, also to Dibs for helping us get the ground and referee. Jared and his son for manning the gate along with Adam Price.

Chapmans coaches for providing the travel, free of charge.

Vince Alm and CCSC for obtaining the kit from the club.

Steve Green for the donation of the trophy.

It goes without saying without the endeavour of Reeco and Gary from Swansea this game would not have happened, these two guys sorted out the kit that their team played in, Reeco's daughter bought and sponsored the match balls and also Gary sorted out the coach to bring the team to Bridgend. Thank you to the players from Swansea for playing in the game and some of whom travelled from London to take part, it shouldn't be underestimated the courage that each and everyone of the Swansea fans showed in coming to the game knowing that it would be predominantly Blue on the day.

Reeco's emotional speech in the clubhouse after the game left many with tears in the eyes and showed everyone the reasons why the Swansea team wanted to play in the game.

Between us all who attended we raised £1750 which included the tip from the Swansea coach driver that was collected by the team on the journey home.

A crowd of 700 approx turned up for the game.

A magnificent effort which takes the running total in the region of £15,500.

Sky sports news and ITV, South Wales Echo give very good reports that sent a message out to the Country, I will add a link to the Sky Sports news coverage as soon as I upload it to youtube. Thanks to Dazzy for his filming too.

Barry Horns band for the music throughout the game was a fantastic touch.

There will be further funds added this Saturday when 50% of the bar takings from the Ninian Park Pub will be given by the Landord, so please if you are going to have a pint on Saturday make sure it is in the Ninian.

There will also be a raffle of former players signed shirts, as well as a current signed City top, along with other donated gifts.

So come down to the Ninian this Saturday between 12-2pm to help raise more funds.

Yesterday was a special day which was made worthwhile for me when Chrissy Dye said that 'It was the best day of life'.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:19 am

Fantastic effort from all, to read all that including Swansea lads travelling from London really hits home how well everyone came together for Mikey and his family.

I'm sure he was looking down through the rain at each and everyone that was there and was probably over the moon when his son scored!

Really glad its made it on tv as that shows clearly how clubs can really unite!!

RIP Mikey

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:05 am

Despite our rivalry and the underlying bitterness Cardiff and Swansea are closer than we think. In footballing terms we hate each other. In the real world Swansea fans are just Welsh blokes like us that live 40 odd miles down the road and support a different club. This football match has shown that in times of tradegy that we all big enough to put our differences aside and pull togther.

Well done to all involved, it took great courage to bridge the divide.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:40 am

wish i could have gone. sounded like a great day. work tied me down. see you saturday :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:06 pm

GREAT TURNOUT SEEING THE WEATHER WAS BAD BUT DID'NT DAMPEN THE ATMOSPHERE
HATS OFF & RESPECT WHEN IT'S DUE TO CARL ANNIS AND THE (JACKS) GARY & REECO "GREAT SPEECH" AND EVERYONE WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE, "BRILLIANT" :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:28 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Fantastic effort from all, to read all that including Swansea lads travelling from London really hits home how well everyone came together for Mikey and his family.

I'm sure he was looking down through the rain at each and everyone that was there and was probably over the moon when his son scored!

Really glad its made it on tv as that shows clearly how clubs can really unite!!

RIP Mikey

In all honesty I think Mike would have gone back over the moon after that 3rd goal, which surely had some kind of divine intervension ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:12 pm

good news you think some of the city players would have a whip round and gather a few grand but i guess there short of cash or even the club in general you woiuld think would do something to help :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:50 pm

Carl
It was a great day that everyone involved in the organising should be very proud of yourself included.

As you know as I spoke to you on Sunday, I was supposed to play as goalkeeper in the 2nd half, but I injured my hand in the training session and despite my very best efforts the swelling and bruising did not subsude enough in time. Even at my age I was gutted as I could not take part in such a prestigious event.

I was elated both when Chrissy scored and when he lifted the cup, but as most people on here are saying much respect to the jacks who came whether they played or just watched, lets keep the passion, banter and rivalry between our teams but surely now we can start to end the vicious animosity that exists and who knows in a couple of years a welsh premier derby won't have to be a bubble.

Don't normally dring in the Ninian on match day but will make an exception on Saturday

see you then

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:07 pm

Huge respect to all involved.

I've been getting a lump in my throat reading the many posts on the topic.

We should of course keep the edgy, passionate rivalry with Swansea but hopefully encounters like Sundays game will see an end to the violence.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:57 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:Huge respect to all involved.

We should of course keep the edgy, passionate rivalry with Swansea but hopefully encounters like Sundays game will see an end to the violence.

Sorry Chief but no it won't. If you think it will change that then you have been using the happy pills again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Outstanding day all around carl, a jack from Bryncoch asked me for a lift which I duly obliged, he even bought me a beer!
A fantastic job to you and everyone involved for organising it, never in a million years did I think I would be going to a city v jack match with a jack and having a beer with him!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:24 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:Huge respect to all involved.

Sorry Chief but no it won't. If you think it will change that then you have been using the happy pills again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably wishful thinking on my part mate.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 am

Outstanding day all around carl, a jack from Bryncoch asked me for a lift which I duly obliged, he even bought me a beer!
A fantastic job to you and everyone involved for organising it, never in a million years did I think I would be going to a city v jack match with a jack and having a beer with him!!!

Its about time all the hatred stopped