Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A big thank you from the Jacks!

Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Yesterday was quite a day wasn't it? I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved from both sides in making the impossible possible. Right through, from Brynterion fc, Carl, Annis, Dibbsy (if anyone has a photo of this guy not laughing or smiling I'd love to see it!). :lol: Dazzy from Caerphilly tv, and each and everyone who attended and took part, especially Jason Perry who is a true gentleman.

I will admit to having some reservations about agreeing to do what we did, and even reading some of the messages on planetswans I did privately question whether our motives for playing were correct. But when I saw the grief that Mike Dyes wife in particular was suffering yesterday, I knew that despite what some of them thought, we were 100% correct in our decision to take part.

It was a little strange playing a fans game in front of 600 or so of Cardiffs finest, but at no time did we feel intimadated despite the banter. You were all great and you could feel the respect you had for us for entering 'the lions den' so too speak.
As for the game itself, we bossed the first half and the game should have been all over but for the conditions making it difficult in the final third. Second half I will say you dominated but were helped by a 'freak' goal. However, the result didn't matter, the occasion won the day.

Finally a big thanks to Rob the driver of our coach from PTS travel in Llanelli for donating his time effort and for refusing to take the money we collected for him and this will be donated to the Mike Dye fund, to Reeco who's speech at the end put a lump in everyones throat and was greeted by the whole club chanting WALES! And to my lovely wife who is at this moment washing all the kit despite the fact that we didn't even wear one of them! :lol:

Thank you each and every one of you!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: A big thank you from the Jacks!

Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:40 pm

well said :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:06 pm

No, Thankyou.

WALES WALES WALES WALES WALES WALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Fair Play Jack that was spoke from the heart and i mean what i say when i state i admire and respect everyone of you that played and supported yesterday. Do you have to give the Kit back to Swansea City or do you get to keep it ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:25 pm

64JACK wrote:Yesterday was quite a day wasn't it? I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved from both sides in making the impossible possible. Right through, from Brynterion fc, Carl, Annis, Dibbsy (if anyone has a photo of this guy not laughing or smiling I'd love to see it!). :lol: Dazzy from Caerphilly tv, and each and everyone who attended and took part, especially Jason Perry who is a true gentleman.

I will admit to having some reservations about agreeing to do what we did, and even reading some of the messages on planetswans I did privately question whether our motives for playing were correct. But when I saw the grief that Mike Dyes wife in particular was suffering yesterday, I knew that despite what some of them thought, we were 100% correct in our decision to take part.

It was a little strange playing a fans game in front of 600 or so of Cardiffs finest, but at no time did we feel intimadated despite the banter. You were all great and you could feel the respect you had for us for entering 'the lions den' so too speak.
As for the game itself, we bossed the first half and the game should have been all over but for the conditions making it difficult in the final third. Second half I will say you dominated but were helped by a 'freak' goal. However, the result didn't matter, the occasion won the day.

Finally a big thanks to Rob the driver of our coach from PTS travel in Llanelli for donating his time effort and for refusing to take the money we collected for him and this will be donated to the Mike Dye fund, to Reeco who's speech at the end put a lump in everyones throat and was greeted by the whole club chanting WALES! And to my lovely wife who is at this moment washing all the kit despite the fact that we didn't even wear one of them! :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks, Gary. It was a real pleasure to meet you all yesterday. My son and I really enjoyed our trip with you.

Thanks also to the local bloke in Bridgend who guided us the last mile or so to the ground when our coach lost its way a little.

:ayatollah:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Thank you 64Jack and all who took part. You entered into it with exactly the right spirit and it was very much appreciated. It was nice to win but the result was just a bonus really. You did yourselves and your City proud and earned a lot of respect from everyone. Thank you :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Well said Jack. Out of interest who was who. Gary and Reeco? I played for our side, shook your hands and had a convo with which ever one of you looked like a poor mans Tony Pullis :lol:
black coat black hat?

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:37 pm

ill be honest here the effort made by the Jacks regarding Mike has actually made me hope they stay up this year and grow into a premiership club and I hope in year or two we join them.

When a supposed hated club makes such a gesture we reach a new beginning in my opinion.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:39 pm

Siren1927 wrote:ill be honest here the effort made by the Jacks regarding Mike has actually made me hope they stay up this year and grow into a premiership club and I hope in year or two we join them.

When a supposed hated club makes such a gesture we reach a new beginning in my opinion.

Bugger me, I cant go that far im afraid :lol:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:38 am

Siren1927 wrote:ill be honest here the effort made by the Jacks regarding Mike has actually made me hope they stay up this year and grow into a premiership club and I hope in year or two we join them.

Get a f*cking grip Chief :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:31 am

For what it's worth, once Gary said to me, we have a match to organise, I was only thinking positive thoughts and once I spoke to Annis and Carl on the phone, I knew they was Old Skool and a men of their word and I could trust them 110%.

I hope the keen rivalry continues but what we don't need is the hatred and bitterness. ATB. Reeco

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:05 am

Reeco From Abertawe wrote:For what it's worth, once Gary said to me, we have a match to organise, I was only thinking positive thoughts and once I spoke to Annis and Carl on the phone, I knew they was Old Skool and a men of their word and I could trust them 110%.

I hope the keen rivalry continues but what we don't need is the hatred and bitterness. ATB. Reeco

I echo those sentiments the rivalalry, banter and passion should always remain but the hatred and bitterness must become a thing of the past if we can manage that then maybe we can move away from bubbles sometime in the future :old:

Big thank you and massive respect to every Jack who turned up to play and support on Sunday it was a great day and i'm glad i was there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:59 am

in the words of The Specials....is it the... dawning of a new era..... :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:23 pm

Me and my mates were talking in the club house after the game and we were all a little sceptical on whether we would have done the same and gone and played for Cardiff fans against the Jacks at their place, so a big respect to the Swansea lads for having the bottle to take part.

Secondly you couldn't fault their effort, make no mistake they wanted to win that game badly and TBH seemed well on the way to doing so in the first half when they went 2-0 up.

At the end you could see the dissapointment on their faces at losing, but I'm sure they will be biting at the bit to win next time down at their place.

All in all it was a great day, although I feel bad now because we didn't have a whip round on our bus :oops:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:00 pm

milly44 wrote:Well said Jack. Out of interest who was who. Gary and Reeco? I played for our side, shook your hands and had a convo with which ever one of you looked like a poor mans Tony Pullis :lol:
black coat black hat?

64JACK (Gary) was the one with his head shaved and wearing specs and Reeco was the Tony Pulis impersonator.

I was the bluebird on the bus with them. Great bunch of people, fair play. Very impressed.

I'm hoping this is the start of a better future for us, as Welsh people who are also football supporters. The rugby isn't like it and it's up to us to change Welsh football for the better.

Forget the English, they're a lost cause!

:lol:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:55 pm

64JACK wrote:Yesterday was quite a day wasn't it? I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved from both sides in making the impossible possible. Right through, from Brynterion fc, Carl, Annis, Dibbsy (if anyone has a photo of this guy not laughing or smiling I'd love to see it!). :lol: Dazzy from Caerphilly tv, and each and everyone who attended and took part, especially Jason Perry who is a true gentleman.

Jack, I gave a jack a lift from Bryncoch in Neath and he said to me he had reservations of going, but I assured him, City fans are a right bunch of nutcases, but for those fans who behave themselves they will be safe in any situation. I told him I would pay for myself and him £10 each at the gate to gain his trust - the b*stard took me up on it! He bought the beer tho!
A big ayatollah to you all :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Fair play 64jack, much respect

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:44 pm

They (The Jacks) Was never in any Danger, as yes,there were Lads!! and an awful lot of them was there, but they would of never taken any liberties with them. It just would not have happened ,the Jacks would never of been invited just so we could take advantage of them. It was in Bridgend which is bang in the middle of the two Cities but Bridgend is Blue.
Perhaps next year if this is an annual event could be held on Jack soil. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Well said fella, glad the day went well for all involved, don't think the wife was too happy with the shape i came home in but hey, thats footy eh!!!!!!!! Well done to all the boys who organised the impossible.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:22 pm

well done i did not get time to stay till the end had to fly out to bulgaria but i take my hats off to each and everyone of you and was ceratinly cardiff,s finest there !

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:27 pm

mallo wrote:

well done i did not get time to stay till the end had to fly out to bulgaria but i take my hats off to each and everyone of you and was ceratinly cardiff,s finest there !

Oh don't I know it Mallo. And the finest of them all was the one who chose to come into our dressing room during the half time team talk (Quite pissed actually!), to thank us all for coming! I made a conscious decision to allow him too stay! Thought it would be for the best like! :lol:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:35 pm

64JACK wrote:
mallo wrote:

Oh don't I know it Mallo. And the finest of them all was the one who chose to come into our dressing room during the half time team talk (Quite pissed actually!), to thank us all for coming! I made a conscious decision to allow him too stay! Thought it would be for the best like! :lol:

It wasn't the Bomb was it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:41 pm

porthcawlcasual wrote:No, Thankyou.

WALES WALES WALES WALES WALES WALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Second that Gary and Reeco :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: