Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Ben Turner

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Merlin wrote:IMO Hudson is the best CH we have! What the hell is wrong with you people??? he had a stormer last season up until his injury, everyone was praising him and how much hes improved and now you all want him out! ludicrous! Have you seen some of the shockingly bad center halves other teams in this division are using..... He might not be premeirship material - but he certainly does his job in this division - I for one dont expect him to make every decision 100% accurately EVERY time.....

I'm not actually knocking Hudson OR Gerrard.

I just think both of them together leaves us very susceptible
to pace.

I feel more comfortable with Darcy or McCormack behind one
of them. Maybe Turner is pacy too? I suppose we'll find out soon
enough

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:10 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Merlin wrote:IMO Hudson is the best CH we have! What the hell is wrong with you people??? he had a stormer last season up until his injury, everyone was praising him and how much hes improved and now you all want him out! ludicrous! Have you seen some of the shockingly bad center halves other teams in this division are using..... He might not be premeirship material - but he certainly does his job in this division - I for one dont expect him to make every decision 100% accurately EVERY time.....

to pace.

enough

McCormack.

Is he there to carry Blake's beer or something ? :lol:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:22 pm

i feel that hudson and gerrard are to similar to play together and that either would benifit from someone who is more mobile. like when hudson and keinan last season or gerrard and blake the season before.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:28 pm

Feeling Blue wrote:i feel that hudson and gerrard are to similar to play together and that either would benifit from someone who is more mobile. like when hudson and keinan last season or gerrard and blake the season before.

Agree - I also think Hudson and Keinan was proving to be a great partnership until Hudson was unfortunately injured at Millwall !

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:37 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

to pace.

enough

McCormack.

Is he there to carry Blake's beer or something ? :lol:

Oh the other fucker, grey haired c**t, that one!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :scratch:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:38 pm

Having watched most games this season I must say that both Hudson and Gerrard are capable of making errors in a game. Both goals conceded at Hull could have been stopped by a half decent centre half.
Hudson is slow his heading is poor and often turns his back when defending a shot on goal. Gerrard has also made errors this season.
I would go for Blake and Turner, give them a run in the team. I liked the look of Turner when he came on at Hull and I think Darcy needs to be played in one position for more than a couple of games - he marked Rooney out of an international match so why can`t he do it at champioship level?

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:48 pm

i cant say ive seen enough of turner to make an opinion of what type of cb he is but he does look a big lump maybe a turner-keinan partnership can be thrown into the mix

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
I'd agree with one bit of that.

Husdon IS a slightly better than average Championship cnetral defender.
Which is probably a bit more than the others we HAD.

Hovever, and I know you can't judge from 1 game, but when I saw Turner against us at the Ricoh last season I thought he was an OUTSTANDING central defender and bearing in mind the numbers we already have in that position I'd bet that Malky thinks the same. it wouldn't have made sense for him to bring in another average/slightly better than average centre back when he's already got 4.

Another thing to bear in mind is judging by some of his comments it doesn't seem that Gerrard is settled here, and i wouldn't be suprised to see him move on in the next 9 months. I'm pretty sure he's out of contract in May and will most likely be heading back up North nearer his family. I doubt we'll get much of a fee, which is a shame as he does have potential if he can keep his concentration up.

That is how I see it, Turner is a replacement for Gerrard who seems very unhappy if you watch his body language on the field of play. He is still a great player (IMO) but it seems like family pressures will see him move on at some point this season.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:03 pm

if gerrard is unsettled and wants to move on it might be better for both the club and gerrard if he moves on the club could get a decent sum for him and he gets to move closer to his family

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Feeling Blue wrote:if gerrard is unsettled and wants to move on it might be better for both the club and gerrard if he moves on the club could get a decent sum for him and he gets to move closer to his family

I bet Hull would buy him back. I reckon we'd get a million+ for him
as he is under contract

Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:11 am

Considering Malky made Hudson captain, and paid money for Turner it doesnt take Stephen Hawking to work out his preffered partnership.

So what if Blake had a good game against Rooney (A game Wales still lost), that doesnt mean Hudson deserves the chop. Ludicrous suggestion. If and when Blake gets a chance at centre half at CCFC he has to prove himself then.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:11 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Feeling Blue wrote:if gerrard is unsettled and wants to move on it might be better for both the club and gerrard if he moves on the club could get a decent sum for him and he gets to move closer to his family

I bet Hull would buy him back. I reckon we'd get a million+ for him
as he is under contract

Aint gerrard in last year of his contract?I'd be suprised if we get that much if thats the case.I would like him to stay and fight to keep his place,i personally prefer him to hudson

Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:29 pm

polo wrote:Considering Malky made Hudson captain, and paid money for Turner it doesnt take Stephen Hawking to work out his preffered partnership.

So what if Blake had a good game against Rooney (A game Wales still lost), that doesnt mean Hudson deserves the chop. Ludicrous suggestion. If and when Blake gets a chance at centre half at CCFC he has to prove himself then.

To say Blake has to prove himself is a joke 'polo'

He has proved himself at centre back, remember two seasons ago when he had a run towards the end of the season including the Leicester game ???????
Just DJ didn't give youth a chance :evil:

He has been unlucky this season with slight niggles which kept him out start of the season, but he has never let us down and has proved himself for the last 2/3 seasons :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have seen milk turn quicker than Hudson !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o Donkey

Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:59 pm

It's been emotional wrote:
polo wrote:Considering Malky made Hudson captain, and paid money for Turner it doesnt take Stephen Hawking to work out his preffered partnership.

He has proved himself at centre back, remember two seasons ago when he had a run towards the end of the season including the Leicester game ???????

He has been unlucky this season with slight niggles which kept him out start of the season, but he has never let us down and has proved himself for the last 2/3 seasons :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Darcy has always played well when he's come in playing behind a Centre Back
I'm a bit surprised he's not been given a chance, but then again, his injuries
have let him down, and nobody can say Gerrard and Hudson have been poor.
Its just that you cannot have TWO Centre-Backs who are susceptible to pace
and who let forwards spin off them so easily.. If Turner is a nippy big man
then either of them will do well. If he isnt?? ... we shall see I suppose.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:08 pm

why not play a 5-4-1 formation

marshall
blake turner gerrard
mcnaughton taylor
gunnarson kiss
whitts cowie
miller

Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:47 pm

It's been emotional wrote:

Heard it all before ! :roll:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:07 pm

ah the old jones didnt give youth a chance myth.

those that were good enough were given their chance.

jerome, gunter, ramsey, matthews until everyone realised he was shit, signed a young loovens, johnson, mcornack, chopra.

blake filled in for a few games 2 seasons ago. whoppee fuckin doodoo. he hasnt proved himself enough to say to the gaffer 'im one of the two best centre halfs at this club'.

the fact both jones and malky havent thought that when centre half was their position says it all.