Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Well done all

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick post about the game yesterday for Mikey Dye. Great effort by all involved, from those who organised it, Bryntirion fc for staging it, the match officials, everyone who turned up in pretty crap weather, media who covered it and of course the 2 sets of players and coaches etc.

Was a game played in great spirit, in fairness it was really competitive but nobody over stepped the mark, i thought we had the better of the first half, at 2-0 we were in a great position. Turning point of the game was my brother rounding the keeper and somehow failing to hit the net (ala Torres) :oops: and then Cardiff making it 2-1 just before the break, not sure about the clear handball in the build up though :shock: ;)

Second half your boys did the business and a 4-2 win was the final outcome.

Obviously due to the occaison there was a massive Cardiff support at the game, beer was flowing from the clubhouse and spirits were high, can i say the banter was brilliant, nobody got lost in the reasons why we were there, singing and chanting all added to a great day and everyone conducted themselves brilliantly. As we made our way to the clubhouse end area for the on-pitch presentation, we the Swansea team recieved a very warm applause from all, that was very much appreciated.

Jason Perry gave a fantastic speech and i think his words struck a chord with each and everyone gathered, and the joint photo call with both teams mixed together was a nice touch.

Beofre the game a tiny minority of keyboard wannabees from Swansea and Cardiff tried to ridicule this game, well 500+ people showed them that their grand ideas and silly imaginations were best left ignored.

Swansea and Cardiff will never lose the great rivalry we have, it will always remain a passionate occaison whenever we meet, for 90 mins we will despise eachother no doubt, however yesterday showed that despite the intense feelings that a South Wales derby creates, it is possible to come together and infact enjoy eachothers company.

Well done all involved.

Re: Well done all

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Echos what i posted yesterday (see below) and as you say the rivalary and passion will never go away but there is mutual respect amongst the majority of the supporters and that was shown yesterday and total respect to all the Swansea players and supporters who turned up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I shook the hand of a Jack today but don't worry i have disenfected it now :D Only joking i genuinely did shake the hands and tapped the backs of a couple of the Swansea players after the game to thank them for taking part in the memorial game fantastic respect to them all :old:

Great effort by all the players and the right result in the end although the Jacks looked good first half great to see Chrissy Dye score and collect the memorial cup at the end a fitting tribute for Mike. :ayatollah:

Funniest moment of the afternoon was Cardiffs 3rd goal which bounced clean over the Swansea keeper who only looked about 4 foot He did however make some good saves but had an advantage with having 6 fingers :D

Also must mention the Barry Horns for their efforts it was a quite a drive down from Aberdare but was well worth the effort i did have a flag with me which read CCFC and SCFC - 2 Teams One Nation but unfortunately the tape i used all peeled off due to the wet weather conditions but despite that i really enjoyed the afternoon and well done to everyone who organised the day and Bryntirion FC for being such good hosts :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:34 pm

Well said, really enjoyed it yesterday. was a fantastic day all for a worthy cause!
Like you say competetive, a few tasty tackles went in, nothing maliscious though. A competetive spirit and the right spirit.
Banter was great, I was getting abused by our own lot, so god knows how your keeper felt :lol: he was a good laugh by the way. Thought he may have done better and held a few more shots cleanly having an extra finger :D
Jason Perry was fantastic, I have never listen so intently to a man speak. I felt to scared to blink :lol:
Well done to all who organised and donated etc, people who couldnt be there also done there part in different ways over the last weeks. :ayatollah:
Now f**k off Jack :lol: ;)

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:38 pm

blueheaven wrote:Echos what i posted yesterday (see below) and as you say the rivalary and passion will never go away but there is mutual respect amongst the majority of the supporters and that was shown yesterday and total respect to all the Swansea players and supporters who turned up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I shook the hand of a Jack today but don't worry i have disenfected it now :D Only joking i genuinely did shake the hands and tapped the backs of a couple of the Swansea players after the game to thank them for taking part in the memorial game fantastic respect to them all :old:

Great effort by all the players and the right result in the end although the Jacks looked good first half great to see Chrissy Dye score and collect the memorial cup at the end a fitting tribute for Mike. :ayatollah:

Funniest moment of the afternoon was Cardiffs 3rd goal which bounced clean over the Swansea keeper who only looked about 4 foot He did however make some good saves but had an advantage with having 6 fingers :D

Also must mention the Barry Horns for their efforts it was a quite a drive down from Aberdare but was well worth the effort i did have a flag with me which read CCFC and SCFC - 2 Teams One Nation but unfortunately the tape i used all peeled off due to the wet weather conditions but despite that i really enjoyed the afternoon and well done to everyone who organised the day and Bryntirion FC for being such good hosts :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on fella, i shook the hands of quite a few Cardiff supporters and players to, melted my finger prints :lol:

Was a really enjoyable day though and not forgetting the tragic reason why we were there :( everyone involved deserves a pat on the back.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:46 pm

milly44 wrote:Well said, really enjoyed it yesterday. was a fantastic day all for a worthy cause!
Like you say competetive, a few tasty tackles went in, nothing maliscious though. A competetive spirit and the right spirit.
Banter was great, I was getting abused by our own lot, so god knows how your keeper felt :lol: he was a good laugh by the way. Thought he may have done better and held a few more shots cleanly having an extra finger :D
Jason Perry was fantastic, I have never listen so intently to a man speak. I felt to scared to blink :lol:
Well done to all who organised and donated etc, people who couldnt be there also done there part in different ways over the last weeks. :ayatollah:
Now f**k off Jack :lol: ;)

You know your not having a great game when your own fans give you stick :lol: our keeper took it all on the chin, the banter was great. I actually enjoyed the tounge in cheek boo's and off the cuff Jack chants in good humour, nearest most of us will ever get to experiencing the real deal.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:13 pm

It was a shame that nobody official turned up from CCFC considering the off / on Malky rumours last week ?? Well done to Jason " Pshycho " Perry :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:01 pm

Jackofclubs wrote:Hi all,

Just a quick post about the game yesterday for Mikey Dye. Great effort by all involved, from those who organised it, Bryntirion fc for staging it, the match officials, everyone who turned up in pretty crap weather, media who covered it and of course the 2 sets of players and coaches etc.

Was a game played in great spirit, in fairness it was really competitive but nobody over stepped the mark, i thought we had the better of the first half, at 2-0 we were in a great position. Turning point of the game was my brother rounding the keeper and somehow failing to hit the net (ala Torres) :oops: and then Cardiff making it 2-1 just before the break, not sure about the clear handball in the build up though :shock: ;)

Obviously due to the occaison there was a massive Cardiff support at the game, beer was flowing from the clubhouse and spirits were high, can i say the banter was brilliant, nobody got lost in the reasons why we were there, singing and chanting all added to a great day and everyone conducted themselves brilliantly. As we made our way to the clubhouse end area for the on-pitch presentation, we the Swansea team recieved a very warm applause from all, that was very much appreciated.

Jason Perry gave a fantastic speech and i think his words struck a chord with each and everyone gathered, and the joint photo call with both teams mixed together was a nice touch.

Beofre the game a tiny minority of keyboard wannabees from Swansea and Cardiff tried to ridicule this game, well 500+ people showed them that their grand ideas and silly imaginations were best left ignored.

Swansea and Cardiff will never lose the great rivalry we have, it will always remain a passionate occaison whenever we meet, for 90 mins we will despise eachother no doubt, however yesterday showed that despite the intense feelings that a South Wales derby creates, it is possible to come together and infact enjoy eachothers company.

Well done all involved.

Wasn't there on Sunday but it sounds like it was a great day.
Well done to all -particularly the swansea fans. From the outside the respect shown over the last few weeks has helped no end in building bridges.

Listening to the description of your keeper as being short and very chopsy can you tell me his name as I played for the Welsh Assembly team a few weeks ago and they had a short chopsy keeper who was actually pretty good and excellent with his feet, I think he was a Swansea fan. I'd remember his name if you mentioned it.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:13 pm

Jackofclubs wrote:Hi all,

Well done all involved.

Great post. Best regards :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:32 am

I agree it was a great day and well done to all concerned. ATB. Reeco