Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WELSH RUGBY V WELSH FOOTBALL

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:05 am

This is exactly why people dont take Welsh people seriously all this stupid pathetic in fighting
My number 1 love is football CCFC and Wales
Im not a huge fan of rugby I played rugby in school i understand the rules I enjoy watching our country compete and thats as far as it goes
I am delighted that Wales has made it to the semi final of the World Cup and I hope we advance to the final
Im very proud of our Welsh Rugby Team
Though im more delighted with our performance against Switzerland and I hope that it is a stepping stone for a new dawn in Welsh football
If I had to choose between Football and Rugby it would be Football its a sport I enjoy more than Rugby
If they played a Welsh international football game along side a Welsh international rugby game, i know where I would be watching the football.
But to hear Welsh people calling for the Welsh Rugby Team to lose and I hope France beats us is pathetic
Be proud to be Welsh be proud of a sports team doing well even if you dont like the sport
No one has a gun against your head forcing you to watch it
But dont tell me that your a proud Welshman when you are actively hoping the nation loses at a sporting event
A Rugby fan may not care much for Football or the Welsh Football Team but i bet they arent standing there hoping they lose every time they play

Re: WELSH RUGBY V WELSH FOOTBALL

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:40 am

JONNY012697 wrote:This is exactly why people dont take Welsh people seriously all this stupid pathetic in fighting
Im not a huge fan of rugby I played rugby in school i understand the rules I enjoy watching our country compete and thats as far as it goes
I am delighted that Wales has made it to the semi final of the World Cup and I hope we advance to the final
Though im more delighted with our performance against Switzerland and I hope that it is a stepping stone for a new dawn in Welsh football
If I had to choose between Football and Rugby it would be Football its a sport I enjoy more than Rugby
If they played a Welsh international football game along side a Welsh international rugby game, i know where I would be watching the football.
But to hear Welsh people calling for the Welsh Rugby Team to lose and I hope France beats us is pathetic
Be proud to be Welsh be proud of a sports team doing well even if you dont like the sport
But dont tell me that your a proud Welshman when you are actively hoping the nation loses at a sporting event
A Rugby fan may not care much for Football or the Welsh Football Team but i bet they arent standing there hoping they lose every time they play

Exactly, I know more rugby fans than I do football fans, and many of them haven't got a clue about football but they would always wish the Welsh football team well and never support their opposition.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:51 am

I agree with every word.
Come on Cymru in whatever we are taking part in :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:58 am

CYMRU AM BYTH :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:39 pm

very good post, spot on

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:07 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:This is exactly why people dont take Welsh people seriously all this stupid pathetic in fighting

Fair points, except nobody outside Wales would have the foggiest idea
that the two sports 'dont get on'

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:11 pm

im so proud 2 b welsh and i will suport us in any sport, but if i had 2 choose...well football wins every time, but we are small nation doing well..lets get behind them all

Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Well said Jonny

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:07 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Fair points, except nobody outside Wales would have the foggiest idea
that the two sports 'dont get on'

ok agreed but my point is this country is so concerned over stupid little things that really hold no relevance and we are willing to fight tooth and nail about them we forget about the important things and people really dont take us seriously.
Is the fact that someone would rather watch rugby than football that important
I cant understand it the PE teacher who insisted you played rugby than any other sport doesnt wash with me, so ok you had a tw*t of a PE teacher get on with life dont let one man ruin it
To be perfectly honest it wasnt that long ago people on this forum were saying they had no interest in international football especially wales, now all of a sudden with 3 good performances and 2 great results everybody is back on the wales football wagon
Say what you want about rugby fans at least they are consistent and turn up every time wales plays