Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rugby facts.......

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:33 pm

1/ It is not a 'World' sport as only 31 countries play it

2/ It is listed in the sportsmans world journal as a 'Minority' sport

3/ It's cack.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: :old: :old:

Re: Rugby facts.......

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:35 pm

spot on

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:47 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:spot on

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :D :ayatollah: :shock: :o ;) :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:51 pm

4/ Blazing Saddles hates a perfectly acceptable sport

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:52 pm

In major sportin avents Id put it on a par with cricket.. When you consider rugby has only been a profetional sport for 15 or so years then its growing pretty darn fast, the so called smaller nations like usa, russia, romania etc are catchin up with the bigger nations quite quickly.. The likes of russia are starting to set up there own domestic leagues and are pumping in a lot of muney for the development of rugby! 1987 the rwc was a small amature avent with only 1 or 2 teams capable of winning it, fast forward 24years and there are 6 or 7 teams who are capable of competing till the end.. Its very much a fast growing world sporting avent

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Dafydd wrote:4/ Blazing Saddles hates a perfectly acceptable sport

Don't hate it..........I just don't do minority sports sonny.........

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:03 pm

And the biggest fact is that when Wales play internationals especially home nations, they pack the millennium stadium to the rafters, unlike the football team.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Rated as the third biggest sporting events behind Olympics and football.
Remember the African nations in the football world cup how everyone laughed now look at them

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:14 pm

You have a sport where the ref has to tell them the rules as they are playing . What sort of sport is that? He tells them when they are offside. for gods sake. Imagine that in football. Lineouts they are hug guys but they need help from their players to get the ball come on

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:18 pm

regardless of the sport, of which im not fussed on. They are Welsh, ill be up early once again to watch them play whilst bursting with pride. Why shoot down something we are actually respected for in a sporting capacity, and actually good at. I for one like that strange feeling of winning and winning well.

Ill take what I can get, if you watch a game and there isn't 1 oz of passion and willingness running through your mind and heart then I am baffled. :? :?

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:26 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:

Wait a minute saddlebags........"I dont do minority sport".

You think that in the GIANT WORLDWIDE OPINON OF FOOTBALL that Cardiff or the Welsh national side or anything other than a minority ...
Reality check mate our Club and Country are very small fish in a BIG POND.

As for the Rugby facts here is a few more...

We have never been ranked outside the top 10 let alone the top 100.
We have finished 3rd in a major amatuer world event.
We now will finish in the top four of a Major Proffesoional event.

And had the RWC been introduced in 1970 Wales would be viewed as one of the most succesful sides in the competitions history...

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:36 pm

And you have the world 7s torniments that have even more nations competing! Lot of money involved in rugby, and hosting a rugby worldcup can pump millions into the host nations economy.. A torniment that wales are quite capable of hosting itself ala 99.. I doubt very much we could ever host a football worldcup or olimpics so its nice to know that there is a major sporting avent smaller countrys like ourselves are capable of hosting :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:39 pm

You know what... f**k it, Only the Weak HATE!!!The Brave and Strong APPRECIATE!!

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:43 pm

aj1927 wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:

You think that in the GIANT WORLDWIDE OPINON OF FOOTBALL that Cardiff or the Welsh national side or anything other than a minority ...

And had the RWC been introduced in 1970 Wales would be viewed as one of the most succesful sides in the competitions history...

how many times have the wru finished bottom of a 6 team comp
thats not great when wales are the only nation to call rugger their national sport
didn't the wru have to quallify for one of the world cups... another great achivement for the wru

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:51 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
aj1927 wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:

thats not great when wales are the only nation to call rugger their national sport
didn't the wru have to quallify for one of the world cups... another great achivement for the wru

BUT THEY QUALIFY.... WE HAVE A CHANCE TO ACTUALLY MAKE A IMPACT ON THE WORLD OF SPORT AND WE ARE BELITTLING OUR COUNTRY...

I look at the Tartan army in Leichenstein on saturday and thought the jox at home must be proud of them...
Compare that with the Welsh fans in wales.....

Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:58 pm

aj1927 wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
aj1927 wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:

BUT THEY QUALIFY.... WE HAVE A CHANCE TO ACTUALLY MAKE A IMPACT ON THE WORLD OF SPORT AND WE ARE BELITTLING OUR COUNTRY...

I look at the Tartan army in Leichenstein on saturday and thought the jox at home must be proud of them...
Compare that with the Welsh fans in wales.....

can you remember the rugby power houses the beat to qualify spain and portugal
are you trying to say we are not proud of welsh fans when they travel to watch the football team

Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:00 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:1/ It is not a 'World' sport as only 31 countries play it

3/ It's cack.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: :old: :old:

Here's a fact.....to start a thread expressing your hate for another sport is childish! If you hate rugby, just leave it at that, and don't watch it.....instead of starting a "lets have a group-rugby-hating-cwtch" thread!!! FFS I don't particularly like golf but I can think of far better ways to spend my time than declaring my hate for the sport on a message board :roll:

Come on Wales, smash them damn frogs next saturday and do us proud!! Cymru am Byth :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:25 am

if you've got a problem with what blazing saddles or maesteg blue are saying, then why are you replying? You're all chastising them for giving their opinions on rugby, saying they should keep it to themselves: if that's how it should go, then do it yourselves and don't reply.

Welsh rugby is being forced down peoples throats lately, and people are entitled to have their say if they think rugby is archaic and shite.

Also, there is plenty of stuff posted on this site that is wrong, yet people don't reply to it or argue it. You shouldn't get all overdramatic about something like someone hating rugby, but then ignore the hundreds of other far more questionable posts on here.

Starting with Milly and Baz monkey facing each other.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:09 pm

agreed :ayatollah:
egg is shite

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:39 pm

placid-casual wrote:agreed :ayatollah:
egg is shite

Your opinion means f**k all :lol:
go and watch bristol or bath or whoever is closest to you, your a secret egg lover!! :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:11 pm

3/ It's cack.

Over 120 countries play rugby so really not a minority sport Nothing compares to football and nothing ever will But let's not be so single minded I like both sports but only watch Wales in rugby and have no interest in club rugby .

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:12 pm

3/ It's cack.

Over 120 countries play rugby so really not a minority sport Nothing compares to football and nothing ever will But let's not be so single minded I like both sports but only watch Wales in rugby and have no interest in club rugby .

Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:35 pm

3/ It's cack.

Facts or fiction/personal opinion??

Some 80 countries took part in qualifying for the 2011 RWC

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/qualifying/news/index.html

Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:39 pm

moonboots wrote:

3/ It's cack.

i do like my rugby but football is number 1..... i really didnt want to come on here and make fun of rugby but ...!!!

if 80 teams attempted to qualify and russia and nambia etc made it through, what the hell are the rest of the world like :p

Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:44 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
moonboots wrote:

3/ It's cack.

i do like my rugby but football is number 1..... i really didnt want to come on here and make fun of rugby but ...!!!

if 80 teams attempted to qualify and russia and nambia etc made it through, what the hell are the rest of the world like :p

Does that matter? He said only 31 international rugby teams in the world and said it was a fact. I found evidence that it wasn't a fact

Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:

3/ It's cack.

Here's a fact.....to start a thread expressing your hate for another sport is childish! If you hate rugby, just leave it at that, and don't watch it.....instead of starting a "lets have a group-rugby-hating-cwtch" thread!!! FFS I don't particularly like golf but I can think of far better ways to spend my time than declaring my hate for the sport on a message board :roll:

Come on Wales, smash them damn frogs next saturday and do us proud!! Cymru am Byth :ayatollah:

Well put mate. Too many City fans think that professing their hatred for rugby makes them an even bigger City fan.....which of course is load of bollux. I don't like cricket but wouldn't start a thread about my dislike of cricket. And if Wales had a cricket team I would still want them to win the cricket world cup even though I don't like the sport. I'd support them because they represent my country. COME ON WALES !!

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:32 pm

Whether or not people like or dislike Rugby it has to be admitted that the team representing our country have excelled themselves so far in the RWC, ex and current well respected players from different countries have stated in the press and on TV that Wales are looking good and playing winning rugby atm, it makes a pleasant change from the usual failures that our country tend to dish out on a regular basis in team sports.
I'll be watching the semi and hoping Wales do us all proud win or lose, will always prefer football though.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:42 pm

moonboots wrote:
Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:

3/ It's cack.

Well put mate. Too many City fans think that professing their hatred for rugby makes them an even bigger City fan.....which of course is load of bollux. I don't like cricket but wouldn't start a thread about my dislike of cricket. And if Wales had a cricket team I would still want them to win the cricket world cup even though I don't like the sport. I'd support them because they represent my country. COME ON WALES !!

i dion't feel it makes me a bigger city fan
i hate rugger and the wru, i have a lot more time for the jacks than i have with the kick and clap crowd