Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Phone update - Advice

Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:49 pm

OK so it is time to upgrade my wifes phone....

Obviously, the Iphone 4S is just being released but I am buying her an IPAD2 for Xmas. So based on the fact that she will have an IPAD2 which would you suggest is the best phone deal for her to go with?

Heard lots about Galaxy, IPhone and Blackberry as individual arguments but interested in opinions.

:ayatollah:

Re: Phone update - Advice

Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:54 pm

iPhone 4S :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:05 pm

Cardiff Crazy wrote:iPhone 4S :ayatollah:

Why would you suggest that because surely the IPAD2 can do everything that the 4S can do?

So would it not be more sensible to chose a phone that has good features, and cost less?

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Keli wrote:

Why would you suggest that because surely the IPAD2 can do everything that the 4S can do?

You cant make a phone call with an iPad :lol:

They are 2 different devices. An iPhone will be carried around with you all the time where as an iPad won't

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Cardiff Crazy wrote:
Keli wrote:

So would it not be more sensible to chose a phone that has good features, and cost less?

You cant make a phone call with an iPad :lol:

They are 2 different devices. An iPhone will be carried around with you all the time where as an iPad won't

But if she had another phone, she could make a call? Or even call from skype?

I am just thinking about what are the real benefits, because she does not go far so the IPAD will be available most of the time ;)

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:11 pm

Keli wrote:

If your getting an iPad then it would make sence to get an iPhone. You can use 1 application (iTunes) rather than 2 and sync apps, emails, music etc between the 2 devices.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Got a Galaxy SII great phone and beats the I-Phone hands down ;)

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:41 pm

with Orange they do a deal for iphone and ipad together. £99 outright then £65 combined per month with 2gb of date per month between the 2. Bearing in mind you'll use the ipad in the house most of the time, using wifi....so that's 2 gb mainly for your iphone.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:14 pm

joncandy wrote:Got a Galaxy SII great phone and beats the I-Phone hands down ;)

Too right, Apple are now not the top dog. Samsung Nexus Prime out soon too, even better again!

Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Go for the IPhone 4S mate, have a look at how icloud works, they make a perfect match. Here a link to a YouTube link that will show you what I mean, also check the related video called introducing Siri

Here's the icloud link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCjeSNomXrU

Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Gavlar wrote:Go for the IPhone 4S mate, have a look at how icloud works, they make a perfect match. Here a link to a YouTube link that will show you what I mean, also check the related video called introducing Siri

Thanks for that, it is pretty cool. So cloud is only available with the 4S or is it an app that can be downloaded for the iPhone 4 as well?

Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:15 pm

My brother is pretty high up with Orange and has some insight into how the market is moving. He has told me to stay away from the iphone because it is great for applications but is simply rubbish at being a phone (my best friend has an iphone, and 9 out of 10 calls I will be cut off at the fault of his iphone). My bro also strongly advises stearing clear from any phone that has a windows operating system.

He recommends the blackberry phones as business phones due to their email and other business functions......but recommends phones with android operating system as a general phone. He says they will be the clear market leaders in a years time. He says the new samsung that operates on android (not sure of the model number, but it's a touch screen one, looks like an iphone but is a lot lighter and is a much better phone) is sh1t hot.

I'm renewing my phone next week, but will go for a blackberry for its business accumen.

Hope this helps

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:48 am

If your wife wants an iPad then it would be sensible to get an iPhone. Personally I don't think iPhone's are the best phones at the moment, allot of other Android phones have caught up. I have a HTC Desire HD which can do everything a iPhone can do and its cheaper and also a much better camera.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:39 am

Keli wrote:
Gavlar wrote:Go for the IPhone 4S mate, have a look at how icloud works, they make a perfect match. Here a link to a YouTube link that will show you what I mean, also check the related video called introducing Siri

Thanks for that, it is pretty cool. So cloud is only available with the 4S or is it an app that can be downloaded for the iPhone 4 as well?

All iphones

Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:46 am

Gavlar wrote:
Keli wrote:

All iphones

I could not find the app anywhere? HELP

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Why is it busier on here on a 'workday' LOL

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Blackberry are currently providing a good service! :lol:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:55 pm

Keli wrote:
Gavlar wrote:
Keli wrote:

All iphones

I could not find the app anywhere? HELP

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Why is it busier on here on a 'workday' LOL

think the app is released this week along with the new OS5 (operating system)

and were here on a workday cuz we hate our jobs

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:Blackberry are currently providing a good service! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

complicated phones and dont have the android system which is clearly the way to go.. if you dont know anyone else with a blackberry then the bbm becomes pointless...

you wont go wrong with , htc, samsung, or new sony ericsson... much better phones... i phones are shit for phone calls etc... signal strength is also a problem... however they do have some quality software etc.. if they could sort the phone call bit out they would be the ultimate phone...

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:09 pm

i dont have much problem with my signal these days :)

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:06 pm

Keli wrote:OK so it is time to upgrade my wifes phone....

Obviously, the Iphone 4S is just being released but I am buying her an IPAD2 for Xmas. So based on the fact that she will have an IPAD2 which would you suggest is the best phone deal for her to go with?

Heard lots about Galaxy, IPhone and Blackberry as individual arguments but interested in opinions.

:ayatollah:

iphone 4 & ipad 2. £99 instore and £65 a month on a 24 months contract. An iphone 4 is free from £41 anyway, so for an extra 20 odd quid its worth while, you get 2 gb data between the two. Most use the ipad in the house through their wifi anyway, so its virtually 2gb data just for the phone. Alternatively the 4s will be free from 46 a month or 29.99 instore on a £36 tariff and then more the lower your tariff. If you work for NHS, armed forces, police and hundreds more, including B&Q :lol: you get 25% discount of your monthly tariff for the length of your contract on ANY handset.

All @ Orange. :o

I cant imagine you being a huge phone geek, so if you go for an iphone...get the 4, its cheaper and you'll notice no difference what so ever. Its all about prestige for some, who just want the latest thing.