Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ARE SOME OF OUR SUPPORTERS ASKING FOR TOO MUCH ? "

Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:56 pm

Looking at whats happened here since the Malaysians came on board...

We no longer have the HMRC on our backs
We can trade
We are getting on top of the historic debts
We have converted a lot of debt into shares
We have fucked Ridsdale off
We have fucked Jones off
We have got in one of Britains most highly rated young managers
We have totally restructured the playing side of things.
We have fucked off all the deadwood backroom staff
We have rid the Club of greedy lazy, cant be arsed prima-donnas
We have a playing staff that will bust a gut and earn every penny of their wages
We have streamlined the whole Club and made it more professional
We have started to concentrate on out Youth policy and Academy again
We have a reserve side, everyone said we needed one.
We are only one or two players away from being genuine contenders - in Malky's first season
We have even just seen off a percieved 'Rugby' man CEO that most of us never wanted

Bearing in mind that Vincent Tan said from DAY ONE that he would not be spending big money
on players, and that the priority had to be to the debt, and to ensure the Club had a sound
foundation for the future...

Why is Tan still getting mugged off??

Re: ARE SOME OF OUR SUPPORTERS ASKING FOR TOO MUCH?

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Why do you have to be so positive all the time Chuff ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: ARE SOME OF OUR SUPPORTERS ASKING FOR TOO MUCH?

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:29 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Why do you have to be so positive all the time Chuff ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: f**k me you should have read my posts when the Riddle and Bones were ere

I'm just fed up of being miserable :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: " ARE SOME OF OUR SUPPORTERS ASKING FOR TOO MUCH ? "

Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Good post :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:30 pm

Spot on! :ayatollah:

Just the fact i expected at least one loan by now apart from that Elliot Parnish! :)

But its slowly going to happen!

I think our owners TG and VT are in it for the long run ;) Considering their trying to get out of debt so we can then have money for players in the future!

Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:59 pm

Most people expect to much. We all have to remember we are rebuilding! Whoever says we sacked jones so we have to improve on last season is wrong. Fair enough if malkey had players like bellamy bothroyd to work with then like jones had then we should but we havent. Weve got rid of quality players that should
Have took us to the prem but it didnt work. We are now rebuildimg and cutting bills which is a good thing considering our debt.

I just hope people realise malkey hasnt got the backin jones had. We failed with big backing now we have to do it the correct way in my opinion like norwich and painfully to say swansea.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:38 pm

Our fans will never be happy.

They change the goal posts for our owners and managers every month and think we know best despite knowing little

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:22 am

2blue2handle wrote:Our fans will never be happy.

They change the goal posts for our owners and managers every month and think we know best despite knowing little

I think the majority are on board mate. Just a few who must have
been spoilt as kids.

Having said that, its been over a week since we've had a

"I think they are going to up and leave" thread :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:15 am

taffyapple wrote:Looking at whats happened here since the Malaysians came on board...

We no longer have the HMRC on our backs
We can trade
We are getting on top of the historic debts
We have converted a lot of debt into shares
We have fucked Ridsdale off
We have fucked Jones off
We have got in one of Britains most highly rated young managers
We have totally restructured the playing side of things.
We have fucked off all the deadwood backroom staff
We have rid the Club of greedy lazy, cant be arsed prima-donnas
We have a playing staff that will bust a gut and earn every penny of their wages
We have streamlined the whole Club and made it more professional
We have started to concentrate on out Youth policy and Academy again
We have a reserve side, everyone said we needed one.
We are only one or two players away from being genuine contenders - in Malky's first season
We have even just seen off a percieved 'Rugby' man CEO that most of us never wanted

Bearing in mind that Vincent Tan said from DAY ONE that he would not be spending big money
on players, and that the priority had to be to the debt, and to ensure the Club had a sound

Great post Taffy! and we won family club of the year :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:17 am

Well I can remember you claiming that everyone was wrong about Ridsdale?

Apart from that you are correct the goalposts do move but that might not be a bad thing as it keeps everyone on their toes.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:55 am

MM said he wants to be there or there about come the end of the season.

The club has set a high target.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:41 am

Top post. :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:19 am

Good post taff, you bring a lot of sense to this message board mate

Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:32 am

Good post Taff :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can I just add from my perspective it's actually more fun watching the Bluebirds this season. The previous regime had pretty much stripped away enjoying the match day experience but MM has brought it back.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:35 pm

castleblue wrote:Good post Taff :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can I just add from my perspective it's actually more fun watching the Bluebirds this season. The previous regime had pretty much stripped away enjoying the match day experience but MM has brought it back.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We've been so used to getting short-changed by the whole Cardiff City Experience
that it did take the fun out of it. Half-hearted team performances, rip off prices,
a manager that couldnt stand the fans.

Now.. the manager and the players give us 100% every week, they earn their money
and even the rip-off prices through Compass dont bother me as much as they used
to.. cos I think they will be on the new owners radar too ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Apart from that you are correct the goalposts do move but that might not be a bad thing as it keeps everyone on their toes.

I dont believe I told anyone that they were wrong but I had a different opinion at the time.

People change opinion week on week.
They are annoyed that the Tan isnt investing then when he does they moan the debt is going up etc etc. Maybe thats just football these days but I dont like it much.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:44 pm

at last someone with common sense.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:50 pm

I'm very happy with the way the club is moving forward, anyone who isn't must be wearing blinkers, all the points you make on your opening post are relevant but I'm not sure that we do have a reserve team, could be wrong.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:55 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:I'm very happy with the way the club is moving forward, anyone who isn't must be wearing blinkers, all the points you make on your opening post are relevant but I'm not sure that we do have a reserve team, could be wrong.

Development team/reserve team, call it what you will. But games are now arranged
on an almost weekly basis to bring players back to fitness, try players out, check out our
youngsters.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:01 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I dont believe I told anyone that they were wrong but I had a different opinion at the time.

People change opinion week on week.
They are annoyed that the Tan isnt investing then when he does they moan the debt is going up etc etc. Maybe thats just football these days but I dont like it much.

So your opinion at the time was wrong, same thing isn't it?

I accept your point on the debt it is pointless to expect someone to throw £5m at the club on the premiss that they can 'afford it'

That kind of no strings attached investment simply doesn't happen and if £5m was invested it would be loaded against the club as debt and I think we have seen far too much of that crap in recent years.

However I have no problem with fans who simply want more success. Man Utd fans never say that they don't want another Premier League title because they have already won it 19 times and that kind of selfish attitude should quite rightly be replicated at other clubs, including our own.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:34 am

I don't think it's just Cardiff fans that ask too much of their club and team, I think it's football fans in general. ATB. Reeco

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:23 am

Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Looking at whats happened here since the Malaysians came on board...

We no longer have the HMRC on our backs and your proof for this is.....?
We can trade when did we stop trading then..? as we were trading before the Malaysians come here
We are getting on top of the historic debts are Langsdon getting paid then..?
We have converted a lot of debt into shares is Sam a major shareholder again then..?
We have fucked Ridsdale off fair enough
We have fucked Jones off fair enough
We have got in one of Britains most highly rated young managers Althrough I like MM where has this statement come from..?
We have totally restructured the playing side of things. you say restructed but I would say patched up
We have fucked off all the deadwood backroom staff were they that bad then..? and if so wheres your proof..?
We have rid the Club of greedy lazy, cant be arsed prima-donnas your opinion but still better players than what we've currently got
We have a playing staff that will bust a gut and earn every penny of their wages so how much are they on then..?
We have streamlined the whole Club and made it more professional same old underlining problems are there
We have started to concentrate on out Youth policy and Academy again give you that one
We have a reserve side, everyone said we needed one. give you that one
We are only one or two players away from being genuine contenders - in Malky's first season I'd say 4 maybe 5
We have even just seen off a percieved 'Rugby' man CEO that most of us never wanted give you that one

Unofortunately Taffy you have no proof for many of your claims

Ok.

HMRC are still on our case, and there are still court cases and winding up orders pending

We DO still have an embargo on players (which is what i meant re: trading, but I think you knew that)

The club are not paying off any of our creditors

PMG have not converted any of their debt into shares, nor have anyone else on the board

Nigel Adkins (Southampton manager) did not say live on Sky that "its pretty much accepted that
Malky Mackay will go right to the top in this game"

We've just 'patched up' the way things are done from the 'playing' side of things, anyone can see
just looking at them train that f**k all has really changed

We have made a major f**k up in getting rid of Margetson for a start, I mean look how bad
Marshall is looking, and we definitely miss Terry Burton on the side of that pitch. its obvious.

Your right about the players too. We should have kept Bothroyd and Chopra, they are 'better'
than what we've got. I miss that feeling before the game wondering which versions of them
were going to turn up. No worries if they play shite, cos they are still 'better players'

I dont know how much our new players are all on, but again, your right, it dont look as though
they earn a penny of it

Streamlining the club etc has not worked. Our marketing, our administration, our whole persona
as a 'Football Club' is still a laughing stock. We are FOREVER forgetting to pay our bills, not paying
staff. In fact I cannot figure out how that Tan bloke ever became a billionaire. CCFC is like Fawlty
Towers

4 or 5 players short of being contenders??? cant even argue with that, cos if I'd have said 4 or 5
you would have said 6 or 7

Apart from that, i hope my above retraction makes you feel better about the Club

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:49 am

bumpety-bump

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:12 am

classic! :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:28 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

We can trade when did we stop trading then..? as we were trading before the Malaysians come here
We have converted a lot of debt into shares is Sam a major shareholder again then..?
We have got in one of Britains most highly rated young managers Althrough I like MM where has this statement come from..?
We have totally restructured the playing side of things. you say restructed but I would say patched up
We have fucked off all the deadwood backroom staff were they that bad then..? and if so wheres your proof..?
We have rid the Club of greedy lazy, cant be arsed prima-donnas your opinion but still better players than what we've currently got
We have a playing staff that will bust a gut and earn every penny of their wages so how much are they on then..?
We have streamlined the whole Club and made it more professional same old underlining problems are there
We have started to concentrate on out Youth policy and Academy again give you that one
We are only one or two players away from being genuine contenders - in Malky's first season I'd say 4 maybe 5
We have even just seen off a percieved 'Rugby' man CEO that most of us never wanted give you that one

Ok.

HMRC are still on our case, and there are still court cases and winding up orders pending

We DO still have an embargo on players (which is what i meant re: trading, but I think you knew that)

PMG have not converted any of their debt into shares, nor have anyone else on the board

Nigel Adkins (Southampton manager) did not say live on Sky that "its pretty much accepted that

We've just 'patched up' the way things are done from the 'playing' side of things, anyone can see

We have made a major f**k up in getting rid of Margetson for a start, I mean look how bad
Marshall is looking, and we definitely miss Terry Burton on the side of that pitch. its obvious.

Your right about the players too. We should have kept Bothroyd and Chopra, they are 'better'
than what we've got. I miss that feeling before the game wondering which versions of them
were going to turn up. No worries if they play shite, cos they are still 'better players'

I dont know how much our new players are all on, but again, your right, it dont look as though
they earn a penny of it

Streamlining the club etc has not worked. Our marketing, our administration, our whole persona
as a 'Football Club' is still a laughing stock. We are FOREVER forgetting to pay our bills, not paying
staff. In fact I cannot figure out how that Tan bloke ever became a billionaire. CCFC is like Fawlty
Towers

4 or 5 players short of being contenders??? cant even argue with that, cos if I'd have said 4 or 5

Apart from that, i hope my above retraction makes you feel better about the Club

Haha. Brilliant Taffy!!

I think it's established now that Midfield General is one of the most miserable idiots ever to walk the planet. A couple of my mates used to play for Merthyr, so i used to have a look at their forum. You won't be suprised to know that the vast majority of people on there thought Midfield General was a complete prick as well.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:12 pm

Schnitzl wrote:Looking at whats happened here since the Malaysians came on board...

Unofortunately Taffy you have no proof for many of your claims [/quote]

Ok.

they earn a penny of it

Towers

Apart from that, i hope my above retraction makes you feel better about the Club[/quote]

Haha. Brilliant Taffy!!

I think it's established now that Midfield General is one of the most miserable idiots ever to walk the planet. A couple of my mates used to play for Merthyr, so i used to have a look at their forum. You won't be suprised to know that the vast majority of people on there thought Midfield General was a complete prick as well.[/quote]

Dont be nasty! It cant be easy for him carrying the weight of
the world on his shoulders :lol:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Dave,great post but as you are well aware our swinging moods as city fans and welshman know no boundaries so your outrageously well thought out observations and optimism will spectacularly dissolve on Saturday if we get turned over by Ipswich and chopra scores,as I will be marching back to the car fuming and extolling all sorts of bollocxs( ie never going down there again, whilst planning next weeks away game travel arrangements), which we've traditionally done for the last 40 years.however,if we win i'l be proclaiming that promotion is a certainty and we need a 60000 capacity stadium. :P :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Monty of gabalfa wrote:Dave,great post but as you are well aware our swinging moods as city fans and welshman know no boundaries so your outrageously well thought out observations and optimism will spectacularly dissolve on Saturday if we get turned over by Ipswich and chopra scores,as I will be marching back to the car fuming and extolling all sorts of bollocxs( ie never going down there again, whilst planning next weeks away game travel arrangements), which we've traditionally done for the last 40 years.however,if we win i'l be proclaiming that promotion is a certainty and we need a 60000 capacity stadium. :P :ayatollah:

"THATS THE LAST TIME I WATCH THAT SHITE!!!" :lol: :lol:

It was a bit different back then though - cos we really really were shite :lol:

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Schnitzl wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

Ok.

they earn a penny of it

Towers

Haha. Brilliant Taffy!!

I think it's established now that Midfield General is one of the most miserable idiots ever to walk the planet. A couple of my mates used to play for Merthyr, so i used to have a look at their forum. You won't be suprised to know that the vast majority of people on there thought Midfield General was a complete prick as well.

:lol: are these the same people who thanked me for my help to save Penydarren Park..? Also worked with Annis in trying to save the club from a rouge chairman at the time. Fortunately for me football forums including this one is used by a miniority of the clubs supporters and thankfully that thought isn't true amongst the population of Merthyr otherwise there'd be no job for me ;)

Oi... never mind Merthyr.

This is our thread MF.... and you've been owned :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:28 am

Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
Schnitzl wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Ok.

they earn a penny of it

Towers

Haha. Brilliant Taffy!!

:lol: are these the same people who thanked me for my help to save Penydarren Park..? Also worked with Annis in trying to save the club from a rouge chairman at the time. Fortunately for me football forums including this one is used by a miniority of the clubs supporters and thankfully that thought isn't true amongst the population of Merthyr otherwise there'd be no job for me ;)

Oi... never mind Merthyr.

This is our thread MF.... and you've been owned :lol: :lol:

So you don't want to have a right of reply against such claims. Yet at the same time your son has frought around the world for the sake of democracy. You should be ashamed of yourself :evil:[/quote]

:? We been debating for weeks??? You put your view on, i put mine on.

I disagree strongly with your version of whats happening at the Club. None
of us think everything is super-rosy in the Garden, there's still a long way to
go. But your constant "the Malaysians aint backing Malky" and "they'll be off
in a few months" winds me up... so I use my right to reply to you. What we
are doing IS democratic. Why on Earth you are bringing my lad into this is
beyond me. Accept defeat... or fire back. Either way I'm still having pork
sausages for breakfast, so radical Islam aint beaten democracy yet :lol: