Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: i had to pay 5p for a bag to take my takeaway home

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Uccello Azzurro wrote:Let's not forget that there is enough hydro power for the entirety of Wales right on our doorstep. The main proposal would be just 6 miles from the Cardiff City Stadium. I am not saying that Severn Barrage proposal is the optimal technology and environmental solution for this untapped opportunity, but it gives an indication of the minimum that is possible. Planners for this project have estimated that just this one project could create 35,000 construction jobs and between 10,000 and 40,000 permanent jobs.

By contrast, I understand that the nuclear industry employed c.40,000 people across the UK as a whole and just 1,400 in Wales at the end of 2009.

The Severn Barrage would provide enough electricity for the whole of Wales !! :o :o i think you are overestimating just a Tad there Son. 1/It is new technology so they can only estimate how much it would produce but it may be enough for say the City of Cardiff and maybe Swansea if it went well. But again it is a very pricey idea for very uncertain results. And exactly how many people would it take to run this barrage ? 40.000 :o :lol: :lol: :lol: . But Wales did have two Nuclear Power Stations and one has been shut down since the late 80s and Wylfa is due to stop generating in the next year or two. The population of Anglesey are desperate for this new Station to be built and [color=#400000]even Plaid Cymru are 100% in favour of this one as if they did not back it they would of been kicked off the Island.[/color]

100% correct and it just shows how much of a joke they actually are :lol:

Excuse me?

Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Uccello Azzurro wrote:Let's not forget that there is enough hydro power for the entirety of Wales right on our doorstep. The main proposal would be just 6 miles from the Cardiff City Stadium. I am not saying that Severn Barrage proposal is the optimal technology and environmental solution for this untapped opportunity, but it gives an indication of the minimum that is possible. Planners for this project have estimated that just this one project could create 35,000 construction jobs and between 10,000 and 40,000 permanent jobs.

By contrast, I understand that the nuclear industry employed c.40,000 people across the UK as a whole and just 1,400 in Wales at the end of 2009.

The Severn Barrage would provide enough electricity for the whole of Wales !! :o :o i think you are overestimating just a Tad there Son. 1/It is new technology so they can only estimate how much it would produce but it may be enough for say the City of Cardiff and maybe Swansea if it went well. But again it is a very pricey idea for very uncertain results. And exactly how many people would it take to run this barrage ? 40.000 :o :lol: :lol: :lol: . But Wales did have two Nuclear Power Stations and one has been shut down since the late 80s and Wylfa is due to stop generating in the next year or two. The population of Anglesey are desperate for this new Station to be built and [color=#400000]even Plaid Cymru are 100% in favour of this one as if they did not back it they would of been kicked off the Island.[/color]

100% correct and it just shows how much of a joke they actually are :lol:

Excuse me?

8600 MWs :? :o I have not heard that figure banded around. My god that is an awful lot and if that was the case they would build it but TBH they are very sceptical of how efficient it would be.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
ninianblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
ninianblue wrote:the only bags you dont pay for.are your prescription bags :roll:

Are you sure Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes chief, :ayatollah:

But we don't pay for the prescription, but charge for the bag ? :lol: Just tell em to remove the bag !! But then your information is on it :? :? But hey again don't blame them blame our Communist Wesh assembly who thinks they will stop the polar bears fallings of the cubes :lol: :lol: :lol:

If the Welsh Government were Communists you'd see alot more employed people and a good economy, with alot of American troops.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:55 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Uccello Azzurro wrote:Excuse me?

8600 MWs :? :o I have not heard that figure banded around. My god that is an awful lot and if that was the case they would build it but TBH they are very sceptical of how efficient it would be.

8.6GW or 8,600 MW is the figure Chris Huhne referred to when announcing his rejection of the Severn tidal option and that 8 nuclear power plants would be constructed. At the same time, Huhne said that he was prepared to take "financial risks" for nuclear, but that there would be no state support for the Severn tidal project. You can be sure that our children will pay for this short-termism with their hard cash, assuming they have any left.