Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: i had to pay 5p for a bag to take my takeaway home

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:05 am

cant really see the problem with carrier bags, after all we tend to stick them in the cupoard under the stairs for thirty yrs or so..

dont see many people throwing them out the car window on the way home from asda or tesco...

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:05 am

Actually you do not have to pay for the little bags that hold food, from any shop or take away or prescription bags it is only for carrier bags :thumbup:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:10 am

If you don't want to get charged in a supermarket, employ my tactic......start taking the stuff 1 by 1 to your car, they realise you will jam the checkouts up for a good hour......they then sent me a lovely employee to carry shopping to my car 4 me :lol: also in mcdonalds, ask for the stuff on a tray not in a bag and walk out to your car with their tray....simples :D :D :D

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:24 am

it is a tax,why 5p,why not 1p,we are a small country,trying to save the world,and then you have china that switch fossil fueled power stations on for fun :( :( :( :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:45 am

Igovernor wrote:Actually you do not have to pay for the little bags that hold food, from any shop or take away or prescription bags it is only for carrier bags :thumbup:

You're wrong mate, you have to pay for the take away bags too, unless they are under a certain size which is smaller than the average bag. The only time you don't have to pay is when the food is loose or not fully wrapped, so for example, bag of fries from Burger King is exempt cos they are not fully wrapped but if you have a burger in box with it you have to pay. Crazy I know but themz the rules :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:10 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Should be at least 10p In my opinion, or use paper bags.

They also charge for paper bags Chief :o

Well that's because they want to rather than have to.
I'd rather pay for a paper one, at least it's bio-degradable :ayatollah:

Everything is bio-degradable if the rubbish was burned rather than buried. I simply can't understand why this isn't done because they can generate electricity from the rubbish which is burnt and filter out any harmful gases which are produced.

As for the Welsh Assembly, the next time they come back with a referendum asking for more powers, I will be responding with an absolute NO as the idea of getting extra powers should have been to make the lot of the Welsh people better, not finding obscure ways of taxing them more. :evil:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:53 am

It's worked in Ireland. The use of plastic bags have gone down by around 90%

Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:05 pm

If anyone would like to get chapter and verse on this particular piece of legislation you can get a copy of "The Single Use Carrier Bags Charge(Wales) Regulations 2010 from the Welsh Assembly Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff.

It will cost you £9.75 or £9.80 if you want a carrier bag with it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:31 pm

castleblue wrote:If anyone would like to get chapter and verse on this particular piece of legislation you can get a copy of "The Single Use Carrier Bags Charge(Wales) Regulations 2010 from the Welsh Assembly Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff.

It will cost you £9.75 or £9.80 if you want a carrier bag with it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pmsl

Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:36 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
castleblue wrote:If anyone would like to get chapter and verse on this particular piece of legislation you can get a copy of "The Single Use Carrier Bags Charge(Wales) Regulations 2010 from the Welsh Assembly Government, Cathays Park, Cardiff.

pmsl

Tena have a good range of products to help you with that. Just remember not to use a plastic carrier bag when you throw it away. ;)

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:38 pm

I thought the ruling was if you have less than 10 employees you didn,t have to charge for the bags.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:42 pm

I thought the ruling was if you have less than 10 employees you didn,t have to charge for the bags.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:59 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:mcdonalds in blackwood are also charging for the brown paper bag!!! :shock: :o :x wtf

Again it is not McDonald's fault. The Welsh assembly have ordered this. Just bring a giant reusable Tesco bag or Asda with you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Labour polititions. :roll: :roll: First the autonomies, now this. Luckily I live in England. :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:03 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:mcdonalds in blackwood are also charging for the brown paper bag!!! :shock: :o :x wtf

Again it is not McDonald's fault. The Welsh assembly have ordered this. Just bring a giant reusable Tesco bag or Asda with you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Labour polititions. :roll: :roll: First the autonomies, now this. Luckily I live in England. :lol: :lol:

You live in England and you think your lucky :? :? :?

Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:04 pm

castleblue wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

I was joking. It is hell here with the Tories and anti-Welsh retards. :( :( :? :?

Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:10 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
castleblue wrote:

I was joking. It is hell here with the Tories and anti-Welsh retards. :( :( :? :?

Yoy can take the man out of Wales but you cannot take Wales out of the man. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:16 pm

castleblue wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Yoy can take the man out of Wales but you cannot take Wales out of the man. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You know what. It is England which has most of the UK but they came from the Saxons etc. If you want to know the true Britons, they are the Celts (the Scotish and the Welsh). :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:54 pm

ve at the velsh assembly hav vays of knowing what is good for you :old:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:19 pm

and its another nail in the coffin for the high street,internet shopping just keeps growing :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Fish wrote:
ninianblue wrote:the only bags you dont pay for.are your prescription bags :roll:

You have to pay for them if the medication inside is non drowsy. If the medication makes you drowsy the bag is free!! Also fresh meat and fish bags are free.

You do have to pay for bags with fresh meat, not sure about fish though.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:21 pm

Just went to the take away myself and all food prepared in the Kitchen a 5p levy on the bag was already included. Due to health and safety you can't provide your own bags they need to be the clean ones that they provide.
The Woman that worked there said the Government was also looking at introducing a fat Tax on all things that the Government consider unhealthy. :o They say its for our own good but it is just another way to Tax us because between Politicians and the Bankers they have fucked us right over. :evil:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:27 pm

why have you got to pay 5p for a f*cking paper bag they are bio dergradeable anyway :ayatollah:

i remember when chinese takeways all came in paper bags, and if you had a leakage the contents would end up on the pavement(many a time when i was drunk) :lol:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:44 pm

krab wrote:sorry but what a f@cking pathetic rule,i hope the welsh reject this pointless excercise in saving the planet,and quickly :( :( :ayatollah:

We are laggards. Some countries have already moved to ban them. The reality is that the 5p price is way too low and is certainly not high enough to significantly change behaviours, even if it is enough to set of the whingers.

The price is 33 cents (28 pence) in Ireland I believe and this has led to a dramatic change in the consumption of plastic bags - a 90% reduction and millions raised for other initiatives.

I have had some involvement with the recycling industry in the UK and internationally and plastic bags are particularly notable for the variety of environmental and processing problems they cause. Visit a waste separation plant and witness the problems they cause - e.g. jamming and shutting down machinery. Environmentally, there are many other issues including:

http://www.unep.org/documents.multiling ... =6214&l=en

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Paci ... bage_Patch

Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:
krab wrote:sorry but what a f@cking pathetic rule,i hope the welsh reject this pointless excercise in saving the planet,and quickly :( :( :ayatollah:

We are laggards. Some countries have already moved to ban them. The reality is that the 5p price is way too low and is certainly not high enough to significantly change behaviours, even if it is enough to set of the whingers.

The price is 33 cents (28 pence) in Ireland I believe and this has led to a dramatic change in the consumption of plastic bags - a 90% reduction and millions raised for other initiatives.

I have had some involvement with the recycling industry in the UK and internationally and plastic bags are particularly notable for the variety of environmental and processing problems they cause. Visit a waste separation plant and witness the problems they cause - e.g. jamming and shutting down machinery. Environmentally, there are many other issues including:

Fook the Evironment, if a polar bear falls off his ice berg then that is his problem

Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:47 pm

:lol:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:05 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Uccello Azzurro wrote:

Fook the Evironment, if a polar bear falls off his ice berg then that is his problem

Is that the official position of the nuclear industry?

Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:06 pm

my mcdonalds bag cost me 5p :evil:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Uccello Azzurro wrote:

Is that the official position of the nuclear industry?

No that is totally mine Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh Nuclear is one of the cleanest Energy providers going Sheriff :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:12 pm

murphy wrote:

my mcdonalds bag cost me 5p :evil:

How apt....

Their sub-standard processed offering is also worthy of a ban.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:35 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:

why did they just not tell companies that they have to produce a bio-degradable bag,and do you not get a big fat juicy green plastic bag off your council to put your recyclables in,how double standards is that :ayatollah: