Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

i had to pay 5p for a bag to take my takeaway home

Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:54 pm

sorry but what a f@cking pathetic rule,i hope the welsh reject this pointless excercise in saving the planet,and quickly :( :( :ayatollah:

Re: i had to pay 5p for a bag to take my takeaway home

Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:56 pm

krab wrote:sorry but what a f@cking pathetic rule,i hope the welsh reject this pointless excercise in saving the planet,and quickly :( :( :ayatollah:

funny enough just had to exactly the same- what a load of bollox.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Well next time take your own Tesco bag with you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:23 pm

They dropped a Special Fried Rice off for me the other day and charged
me 5p for my little white bag too :?

Now call me a tw*t, but that bag is about a tenth of the size of a tesco bag.

How do they work it out like?

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:25 pm

taffyapple wrote:They dropped a Special Fried Rice off for me the other day and charged
me 5p for my little white bag too :?

Now call me a tw*t, but that bag is about a tenth of the size of a tesco bag.

How do they work it out like?

Every little helps Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Got a boot full of Bag for Life Asda bags, so i'm from now on advertising Asda on my travels :) :) , had a Subway the other day and was asked to pay 5p, you can guess my responce :x :x

Just wonder where all the 5p charges are going? some shops and giving it to charity, but got a feeling it's another way of taxing us.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:32 pm

elad wrote:Got a boot full of Bag for Life Asda bags, so i'm from now on advertising Asda on my travels :) :) , had a Subway the other day and was asked to pay 5p, you can guess my responce :x :x

Just wonder where all the 5p charges are going? some shops and giving it to charity, but got a feeling it's another way of taxing us.

But Businesses have been warned unless they comply they will be fined. Dont blame them blame the f*cking Welsh Assembly. It was meant for Supermarkets but the power crazy Welsh Assembly Communists have ordered all bags paper (even though they do bio degrade) should be included in there left wing bull shit. All in the name of so called Global Warming for which there is no proof of this fa bull bullshit, just total fantasy.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:49 pm

mcdonalds in blackwood are also charging for the brown paper bag!!! :shock: :o :x wtf

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:53 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:mcdonalds in blackwood are also charging for the brown paper bag!!! :shock: :o :x wtf

Again it is not McDonald's fault. The Welsh assembly have ordered this. Just bring a giant reusable Tesco bag or Asda with you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:58 pm

It's an absolutely ridiculous rule. Your not always going to have a bag for life on you, so for that your charged 5p. It won't stop us using the things, just give us more reasons to moan about the government

Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:07 pm

krab wrote:sorry but what a f@cking pathetic rule,i hope the welsh reject this pointless excercise in saving the planet,and quickly :( :( :ayatollah:

Apparently there is a loop hole get married then uve always got a bag for life!!!
:ayatollah:

Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:08 pm

Apparently there is a loop hole get married then uve always got a bag for life!!!
:ayatollah:

Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
elad wrote:Got a boot full of Bag for Life Asda bags, so i'm from now on advertising Asda on my travels :) :) , had a Subway the other day and was asked to pay 5p, you can guess my responce :x :x

But Businesses have been warned unless they comply they will be fined. Dont blame them blame the f*cking Welsh Assembly. It was meant for Supermarkets but the power crazy Welsh Assembly Communists have ordered all bags paper (even though they do bio degrade) should be included in there left wing bull shit. All in the name of so called Global Warming for which there is no proof of this fa bull bullshit, just total fantasy.

Yeah, quite right didn't mean to blame the shops, they are only doing exactly what the Welsh Assembly has instructed. :) :)

Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Welsh Assembly Communists ? :shock: Has there been a revolution, have not seen the news today.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:44 pm

Wow a massive 5p to pay everyone must be in uproar considerring the way Gas and Electric firms are ripping us off to the tune of thousands, but hey ho a massive 5p is affecting the economy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:58 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:Wow a massive 5p to pay everyone must be in uproar considerring the way Gas and Electric firms are ripping us off to the tune of thousands, but hey ho a massive 5p is affecting the economy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Please remember we are subsidising wind power and solar panel offers on our Electric bills ordered by our Governments. It aint all down to the Electric companies Chief !!

Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:53 pm

the only bags you dont pay for.are your prescription bags :roll:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:00 am

ninianblue wrote:the only bags you dont pay for.are your prescription bags :roll:

Are you sure Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:12 am

Should be at least 10p In my opinion, or use paper bags.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:23 am

2blue2handle wrote:Should be at least 10p In my opinion, or use paper bags.

They also charge for paper bags Chief :o

Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:28 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
ninianblue wrote:the only bags you dont pay for.are your prescription bags :roll:

yes chief, :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:30 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Should be at least 10p In my opinion, or use paper bags.

They also charge for paper bags Chief :o

Well that's because they want to rather than have to.
I'd rather pay for a paper one, at least it's bio-degradable :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:33 am

ninianblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

yes chief, :ayatollah:

But we don't pay for the prescription, but charge for the bag ? :lol: Just tell em to remove the bag !! But then your information is on it :? :? But hey again don't blame them blame our Communist Wesh assembly who thinks they will stop the polar bears fallings of the cubes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:46 am

Carrier bags are a clear blight on the planet, no exactly sure they amount to 'that' much of the overall problem though (not that they are not a problem). Not sure basically taxing you to use them will work. Paper bags would seem to be a good option to have as they seem more sturdy anyway.

I agree with above poster's views that the money should be given to a good cause, charity or funds for better sources of energy stuff like that.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:24 am

Just use already used bags.

When shopping a bag for life is only like 15p.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:56 am

2blue2handle wrote:Just use already used bags.

When shopping a bag for life is only like 15p.

I'm too young for that sort of commitment though :/

Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:31 am

You have to pay for them if the medication inside is non drowsy. If the medication makes you drowsy the bag is free!! Also fresh meat and fish bags are free.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:14 am

Depends where the money is going I suppose. Shouldn't be a revenue raiser for anyone but any initiative to stop the use of plastic bags is good. I'm certainly no hippy but plastic bags can take anywhere from 20 to 1000 years to biodegrade apparently and just end up as litter or in landfills or even worse harming marine life.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:14 am

Can you imagine, your getting searched going into a popular city nightspot and you've got a Tesco bag in your arse pocket for your take away on the way home......'it's not for putting over someone's head or sniffing glue honest Guv'
:lol:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:01 am

Gavlar wrote:Can you imagine, your getting searched going into a popular city nightspot and you've got a Tesco bag in your arse pocket for your take away on the way home......'it's not for putting over someone's head or sniffing glue honest Guv'
:lol:

its to carry my chips home from caroline street ,honest :D :D :D :D :ayatollah: