Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE HAD MORE FANS AT SAINTS GAME THAN THEM ONCE

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Not a trick question, but who can name the stadium where Southampton played an away game, and there were more Cardiff City fans there than Southampton fans and yet Cardiff weren't playing that day.

One for the not so oldies.

Answers later. :?:

Re: WE HAD MORE FANS AT SAINTS GAME THAN THEM ONCE

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Man city, we played huddersfield away it was called off. I stood on the kippax first half then came in with the city fans second half

Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:32 pm

And what a day it was, fair play to TIT, he phoned maine road to check we'd be welcome, when we got there, they had even printed tickets with caardiff City on.

There must have been close on 450 of us there and 300 Southampton fans, almost felt sorry for the Saints fans, they were more or less ignored, where as we had some great banter with the Man city fans and a real bonding starting off with a stand up if you hate Man U, so that got them all on our side, great day and can still remember the look of bewilderment when the saints fans seen us pouring in and outnumbering them, happy days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:35 pm

yes gwyn great day mate, i remember being devastated that our game was off having got all the way up there, but i'm glad i got to stand on the kippax which was like a big bob bank! i remember it being a shit game though and even le tissier was shit :D